skittish and shaking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyfufu

Reaction score
Hi I have a 7 month old REW Jersey wooly doe, 9 week old broken tort holland lop doe and recent 13 week brown tort lionhead doe. I have all rabbits housed separately.

My lionhead is the newest. She is very skittish and trembles as I watch her in the cage and when I hold her and pet her.She also scratches a little Is this because she is new? (I have had her a week). My other rabbits did not behave this way. What can I do to improve the bond? All rabbits can see each other but are housed separately.

thanks!

Where did you get her? She may have not had human contact or had negative human contact.

I got her from a breeder at a rabbit show. She seemed well cared for and they gave me lots of information about her care. Are lionheads typically skittish?? anyone out there that can help me with this??

All bunnies are different. We've had some of our rescues come to us very skittish--bad situation, no human contact, who knows? With most, it just takes time for them to get to know you and and trust you.

Try talking to your lionhead doe, telling her in a soft tone of voice that it is okay and she is safe. Do this even when you are holding her and petting her. Also try to not make loud noises, but if loud noises are unavoidable talk to her and hold her while the loud noises are going on, even show her where the loud noise is coming from. This helps Sweetie, my lionhead mix doe, calm down.

Back