Skin disease?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybunny20

Reaction score
Our rabbit has some sort of skin disease, and it has slowly gotten worse over the last few weeks. it has gotten better in the last two days but it's still very bad. I've attached a picture.
The fur on her face has fallen off in clumps, and her skin is crusty and has a fowl odor. Her ears and both sides of her face are affected. (her eyeball is fine, it just looks funny from the flash)
My mother thinks it's syphilis but I'm not so sure, because it doesn't look like pictures I've seen. It doesn't look like pictures I've seen of any rabbit disease. We've been giving her shots of penicillin G every few days and it's helping a little but not enough. I'm so worried, please help me.

IMG_20160216_150140.jpg

Oh my, the poor thing. I second Blue eyes, a vet visit is definitely needed given how severe the problem is and the fact that the penicillin isn't working.

Wishing all the best, let us know what the diagnosis is.

If you have a microscope you could pull a small bit of hair and check for fur mites. If its mange mites or a fungal infection, Pen G isn't what you need. Have you tried ivermectin?

Latest posts

Back