Shya-she does what she wants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We go over to the Australian side every chance we get. They have real buildings, and real toilets, and real food and we just like to listen and giggle over the accents.
However Vegemite? Disgusting!!!
One of my favorite shows is Bondi Beach. I just want to go for the hot life guards!

Vegemite seems to be one of those 'you need to grow up with it' things, I love it :p

Gerbil babies! I bet they're super cute! :D

Azerane...when here you just need to flush more to avoid clogging. I would take the commodes over there any day. Hubby and I are ok with it but harder for the kids to get it.

Kmaben...so how many babies do you have? So have you rubbed off on Omar or has he always been that way? I'm just curious, my hubby has always liked animals but I know I have made an impact though as well.

We have two cats, two dogs, three rabbits, a Goffins Cockatoo, two gerbils plus babies, and multiple fish tanks. My mom has a cat, two little dogs, and currently feeding two baby squirrels.
Hubby has always liked animals but wasnt allowed any while growing up. He's not as obsessive about them like I am but he's come a long way. He's been wanting to pick up an animal or two lately so it's not always me like everyone thinks it is!

Last edited:
kmaben...sorry I wasn't clear, I have read your blog from the beginning. I was wondering how many baby gerbils since it sounds like ya'll will be keeping them. :)

Hubby said they have the commodes available here like the Australian with the two buttons, one for flushing fluids and one for solids. We'll have to look into that for when we renovate the bathrooms. I can never manage to unclog a toilet and have taken to threatening the girls with building an out house for them to use :)

Last edited:
You're better off calling somewhere in the outskirts of Houston. Evey time I call any vet closer to downtown they are more expensive and yet act dumb :/ terds.
Loved the potty story! I watched dumb as dumber today and I just love the part when Harry uses the broken toilet!!!! Hahahaha!!!!

Oh and I googled Australian toilet! And when I went to Mexico it had those two buttons, but I couldn't figure out what they were for!!! My sis and I were playing with the buttons trying to see the difference between the flushes hehehehe. Now I know!!!

Wait...what? What kind of flush system do U.S.ites have? Don't tell me you still have those horrible handle thingies. I HATE those.

Yep the US is still in the toilet stone ages. Just a little handle and no amount of jiggiling will make it go faster or unclog itself. We have been so many places and in so many ways the US is very, very backwards.

I dont know how many baby gerbils. I may find out tonight. Omar didnt want to distrub them until he changed the litter. I'm going these things are already several weeks old! Dig the dang things up and take a look! Make sure Needer didnt eat them or anything. Sheesh. So glad I left them in very capable hands. My female Torres use to be the friendly one. She reverted and Needer my little retarded male comes up because we're always feeding him something. He will climb in your hand and tolerate being picked up but needless to say they're very interesting critters.

Yes, we have handles. What can we say, those they make the decisions on things like conserving water do not always do what makes the most sense.

Take my neighbor for instance, a farmer. Those in power decide that the land must be protected from erosion so the farmer is paid to grow a crop off season. He grows wheat. Then when it is ready to be harvested he has to spray it to kill it. Then he just gets rid of it. This is their idea of erosion control. He could do the same and still provide the wheat for food but no he must kill it. he could till it under which would add nutrients to the ground, no he must kill it and on top of all that poison is being introduced when he kills it.

Some things just don´t make any sense but I have laughed at all this toilet talk. I remember when I went to Morocco the first time and there was just a hole in the ground, no loo roll and no flush...I´ve never held on so much in my life lol. It also made me think of the film Demolition Man with the shells....never figured out what they were for and I´ve seen the film loads of times....anyone like to explain ???? And the loos in Spain do flush really well if anyone wants to know but we only have one button not two !!

kmaben...I had gerbils when I was young. I can remember one always found a way to escape no matter what we tried. Our cat would track it down though. The cat wouldn't mess with it, he'd just sit down near were it was. I also remember one attacked the other but that's all I remember because I was so young. I'm not sure how anyone could wait that long and not take a peek.

Chris...I had to use one of those holes in the ground traveling from France to Germany. All I could do was shake my head. We may have handles still on our toilets but at least our rest stops have much more to offer than a whole in the ground. I never saw the movie so have no idea what you are talking about but I sure am curious now.

Lisa, I totally was!

Chris I dont think the seashells are meant to be understood. We JUST had that conversation two days ago. No one sesms to know!

EDIT

OMG I am going to punch that "fake passport, counterfeit currency" poster in the gonads

The people who used to live in my house had an outhouse until the 70's when they finally PUT a bathroom in the house. The outhouse is actually collapsed in the woods like 20 yards from the fence.

Am I like the only one who can pee outside and there not being a problem? Sometimes the house is too far away!

Morgan...I have yet to go in our yard but the husband does it all the time. Apparently so does all the other guys that come over because only when the girls are here do any of them come inside and some of them are here from early till late. I guess it's a country thing.

Well someone did it again just yesterday and all three deny that they did it. Kids, arrrrgghhh!!!

Hahaha Lisa I totally tried to sound Australian.
Our rule has been for a long long time, that women may use the restroom inside, men can go outside. Some men get all bent out of shape about it but we have out reasons, mostly one. It's name is Brian. Pee all over bathroom floor....not cool. Leo has special privileges because he doesn't pee like a drunk moron lol. So for the most part I am very proud of all the men who come over bc they pee outside. Occasionally they anger me, example I am sitting on the couch my cousin is stayin the night, he is upstairs, he goes to the bathroom, leaves the door OPEN and is peeing like niagra falls and I have to yell and be like ewwww wtf I don't want to hear that crap, close the door at least!!!!!

I tell my husband to pee outside all the time. haha. We actually just got into an argument/slappy fight the other night about him peeing outside. I was sitting on the back steps and he was standing on the rock at the bottom, theres only 2 steps so his butt was in my face. So he was like I have to pee; then proceeds to undo belt like he's going to pee right off the back steps. So I kicked him in the back and stood up and told him no, he could go over by the fence but not right where we walk. He was like "I DO WHAT I WANT!" then tries to pee there again. I yelled at him and got feisty with the hands and we started the slappy fight, but I finally pushed him far enough away, to a place where he could pee.
Too bad that was like 11pm on a week night and we were so loud. I laughed so hard because it was so ridiculous!

I tell you this place is never boring....no, I never understood the seashells and no one else I know understands either.

Lisa, I did try that with an Aussie accent, I do a pretty decent aussie accent but I did laugh quite a lot.

We used to have an outside loo when I was really little, was awful having to go out there in the middle of winter. Reminds me I was watching the Green mile again last night and I remember when Tom Hanks raced to the outside loo but didn´t make it....boy was it a long way from the house haha.

I can't remember the movie Demolition Man but you guys got me curious. I did a search on three sea shells in Demolition Man. There is an explanation out there that supposedly was told by Stallone during an interview. It is claimed that one of the writers explained it to Stallone when he could not figure it out.

Let me warn you...just as magic loses that special something when you learn how the trick is performed, learning the answer to the three sea shells may leave you feeling disappointed.

Back