Shya-she does what she wants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved reading your recent blog entries. I can't get OVER kai's ears. They are the best!

You've got a cute bunch there. Glad you are home!!

I'm sure it's great to be back with all your pets.

Tell Kai that he's getting to be a big boy now & should understand that vets are necessary. I hope whatever the eye problem is is easily fixed.

16406_152240_380000000.jpg

Haha! Just snapped this of Shya and my daddy. She's assaulting him for his celery.
Thankfully he's good at sharing.

Kai baby needs to learn a lot of things. But he's just so cute and such a big baby.

It's about a six hour drive from Lawton to Houston. It's almost all highway so it's not bad. We've never been this close and after Europe 6 hours is nothing. Da really likes the rabbits. He enjoys Shya and she obliges him. She doesn't like all the petting and rubbing but she tolerates it from him. He even lets Kai run around the garage with him when he's working in there. Kai had some poopy butt going on this morning but he's eating and drinking and acting normal. Vet is open from 1-5 tomorrow and they have an ER number if needed. Finding a new vet is gonna suck big time but they're out there.

FIESTA!! Oh my gosh it's the best place in the world for produce. So many options and the prices are pretty amazing. If you're in the Texas area (I think it's spread out but dunno) take a peek and tell me what you think!!

YAY!!!

6 hours isn't bad, if you don't have to make a round trip in 1 day.

I'm glad to hear your dad is enjoying the rabbits & that Shya is being tolerant of his attention, like a grandbunny should be.

448 dollars later Kai is neutered and micro chipped. surgery didn't even keep him down. He pouted a little and laid in his litter box when he came home mon. night. Eating, drinking, and really mad he's confined to his crate. He may get a little supervised time out tomorrow. Not at all like Shya. She didn't eat she hurt she got to be a little drama queen. Supposed to check his incision site. um.......yeah right.
16406_192149_290000003.jpg

Let me out please!
16406_192149_290000000.jpg

Haha you're stuck in there
16406_192149_290000001.jpg

But I do want your pellets. So she climbed through those little holes and helped herself. Kai apparently forgot he was missing something and humped her until I chased her out of his crate.
16406_192149_290000004.jpg

Playing with her ball on the porch. It's a dirty window. Not a dirty rabbit :p
16406_192149_290000002.jpg

This is just a cute shot of Kai's ears.

Aww how sweet sounds like the neuter went good and I think that is a sweet picture of your dad :)

Amazing how buns can capture one's heart ;) right?

Agreed! My dad likes animals but he's not as into to them as my mom and I. He really likes Shya though, and my husbands cat. Something about that little bad rabbit.

I look forward to meeting rocky and franklin! It'll be nice to see a pure bred britannia that's a sweety! Shya kind of fits the stereotype for the breed. Also looking forward to another large rabbit and what he can teach me. It's like hello rabbit world here I come!

I use a netbook, so can't see all, I'm sure. SPOILER ALERT It took me awhile to see the bird on Dad's leg & the cat{?} under the coffee table.

Learned the magic rabbit touch today! Thank you sarah and special thanks to your clinic. Instead of threatening him in German I threaten to call you. He seems to understand. Just had a really good groom session with him. He ripped the comb out of my hand and threw it. I took that as a sign he was done. He lasted about ten minutes so I couldn't fault him. He got just a bite of celery for a treat. Picked him up and set him down and no fighting. He's a forgive and forget type of guy. Shya holds a grudge, but she's been unusually good as well. I'm waiting for the pay back. Been bribing her with honeycombs so maybe it wont be that bad. She had a good groom session as well. Just sat with googely ears. She flips over pretty good. It scares her but hopefully with work she'll get used to it.

And you're right about the picture! It's only missing three cats. It's getting a little crowded in here. Looking forward to settling somewhere and getting everyone into a routine. In the meantime doughnuts!!

Nah both were pretty good. Shya was kind of like please stop it and Kai well he forgave and forgot. My mom wants to meet Franklin now. When I showed her the Frenchies she was like well that's a nice rabbit. The lop ears are her favorite as well and she said it would be ok to get one like that. Gee thanks mom! So if you ever need to rehome Franklin or Rocky call me! They'd get their very own futon!

Well great. Kai is limping on his right hind leg. His big feet are pretty matted and I was thinking about shaving the bottoms of his feet anyways. Maybe he has a sore? I don't see anything on it other than the mat. It's not his hip. He'll lay on his hip but the foot he picks up as he hops and it kind of splays out when he sits on his haunches (I hate to use the term splay because of "splay legged") He'll put weight on it and hop on it occasionally but it seems to be getting worse. The vets looking at a lot of my money but I don't get paid till friday. Can you put heat or ice on it? He seems to like it when I massage it

Latest posts

Back