Should I introduce my rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kora

Reaction score
My new rabbit is coming in about 30 minutes, and I’m wondering if it would be okay to introduce them? Maybe not necessarily start the bonding process, but at least see if they’ll like each other. The rabbit that’s coming is a neutered male, and I currently have an un-spayed female. Would it be best to introduce them a few weeks after I spay her?

They can be housed near each other, but don't let them interact or be in direct contact until she's healed from her spay. You don't want to risk them getting into a fight (her hormones can cause her or him to react badly).

Would it be okay for me to let them smell each other through a baby gate or a closed door?

Would it be okay for me to let them smell each other through a baby gate or a closed door?

Ha. I just answered your similar question on another thread. They should not be in direct contact but can be housed nearby each other. Just be sure there is no way one can get to the other.

Thank you, haha. I was just wondering if a baby gate would be okay since it would allow better ventilation to where I’m keeping him.

Thank you, haha. I was just wondering if a baby gate would be okay since it would allow better ventilation to where I’m keeping him.

If one feels like it, they do bite other rabbits through wire or gates if they can get their nose through.

If one feels like it, they do bite other rabbits through wire or gates if they can get their nose through.

Would covering up the gate with a blanket help? That way they can’t reach through the holes.

Latest posts

Back