Should I give a dose of Buprenorphine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmh9023

Reaction score
I wrote last night about the troubles Sherry is having with her back legs. Up until this afternoon she was still getting around well and didn't seem to have any pain. However, now she isn't getting around much and she can't keep her left leg underneath her at all. It slips out to the side.

Since this afternoon her eyes have looked to me like she's in some pain. They're not bright and alert like usual. The only pain medication I have on hand is some Buprenorphine from when she had her molars removed. Would it be safe to give her a dose? Or better to wait until she sees the vet?

She couldn't get in today because both bunny doctors were out. She's got an appt for tomorrow at 2:00 but hopefully they'll squeeze her in earlier. If she's in pain I feel terrible that she has to wait until tomorrow afternoon.

If you cannot reach the vet to ask the question I would go ahead and give her a dose. Remember though that I'm just a bunny owner and not a vet :)
if it was my rabbit I would give it.

If she was my rabbit - I would give it. I find that when rabbits are in pain - it just seems like they go downhill faster...but that's my personal opinion only.

Thanks! I gave her a dose about an hour ago. I may be imagining it but I think her eyes look a little brighter and it looks like she's sitting more comfortably :)I think I'll give her one more dose in the morning so she'll be comfortable until her appt.

Latest posts

Back