Should I get buns a friend?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazzie

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a 7 yr old female (got her when she was 3) She gets lots of love and attention. There is a bunny in need of a home so I'm considering getting her a friend, but I'm not sure if she may just be set in her ways as a one bun woman 😂 I don't want to upset her, but I know they're social animals so maybe she would love him. The bunny in need is a 6 month neutered male. Anyone have any experience in this department? Thanks

If your female is already spayed, then you could allow the two to meet so you can pre-screen for potential compatibility. Females tend to be particularly territorial and can be more resistant to a new rabbit in their space. But some are more receptive. It's really a judgement call as to whether this would be beneficial or too stressful for your gal.

Another consideration is if they do bond, your male may still be rather young when she passes. He'll be used to having a bondmate and then the cycle would potentially continue with you trying to then find a new bondmate for him. Also, he may be annoyingly active to her since he is still young and she is not. 😋

It would be nice, if you decide you'd like to try to bond them, if there is a way to try their bond out before committing to taking him --- just in case it doesn't work out.

Latest posts

Back