Should I bond my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbierabbit

Reaction score
Should I bond my 8 month old neutered buck or leave him single?

I suggest housing rabbit's in pairs because rabbits normally do better when they have a friend. Not all bonds will work though, you may have to try really hard to bond them or it will be love at first sight. If you do decide to bond him, I suggest adopting a spayed female and doing a ton of research!
Here is a link and video that is helpful:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html

I suggest housing rabbit's in pairs because rabbits normally do better when they have a friend. Not all bonds will work though, you may have to try really hard to bond them or it will be love at first sight. If you do decide to bond him, I suggest adopting a spayed female and doing a ton of research!
Here is a link and video that is helpful:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html

Thanks for the help , I hope they bond well .
I have a female , unspayed , aswell as him .

She's 4 months
Oh. In that case absolutely keep them apart for now. Her hormones may kick in over the next several weeks. Those hormones can alter her behavior (and his). Those hormones can easily start them fighting if they are allowed together. Any fights now can prevent bonding in the future.

If you decide to bond them, wait until she's healed from her spay before starting the process.

Oh. In that case absolutely keep them apart for now. Her hormones may kick in over the next several weeks. Those hormones can alter her behavior (and his). Those hormones can easily start them fighting if they are allowed together. Any fights now can prevent bonding in the future.

If you decide to bond them, wait until she's healed from her spay before starting the process.
Okay thanks for the help x

Back