Shadow, Jester and Georgia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
Hi Mom (Luvabun), it's me Shadow!

ddcqys.jpg

Look what I got for my litterbox. A new screen to cover the wood pellets, so my hay doesn't get mixed in it.

dq24uo.jpg

Had so much fun in the basement run. I met a girl called Pebbles and she smells nice.

why26d.jpg

I even made the hole bigger because it was too small for me.

21m9400.jpg

They even have wood for me to chew on.

Luvabun is temporarily out of the country, and hopefully she will be back Saturday night.You can catch her story here....

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=38767&forum_id=5

Hey Mom, it's Jester! Don't wait up for us. :D

2m51abt.jpg

I got to run around for about an hour and half that time there was a girl called Bebe that was down here too.

2wnqrle.jpg

This hole is the perfect size.

m9tvlw.jpg

Kissy Kissy :love:

2iasfmq.jpg

I washed my hands before supper. Really!

I got weighed and I am 1645 grams. Shadow weighs 3310 grams.

Oh my goodness, there's my babies :in tears:. Mommy loves you (even though you don't look like you're missing me at all :X;))

I just managed to get online for a few minutes, and I'm so pleased to see that they have settled so well. Have they actually 'met' the girls yet?

We arrived safely - our luggage actually arrived 5 hours after we did, on the n ext flight :?. It is HOT, but taking it easy. The real problems will be when we have to come back in to Canada. Fingers crossed it goes without a hitch.

Anyhoo, thanks for posting,Stan. I shall keep coming back to check how they are doing, and making sure you haven't sneaked them away somewhere ;)

Jan

I spent the day brushing all four bunnies. TheFurminator works great. :D There is hair everywhere. ;) They didn't mind the vacuum at all, when I used it to collect the hairs off the brush. When you get back, you should try the Zoom Groom Brush. The combination of the two brushes makes things so easy.

All the bunnies got an hour each of run time.

LuvaBun wrote:
Have they actually 'met' the girls yet?
I introduced Pebbles to Shadow yesterday. I heldPebbles on the floor while Shadow came up to sniff her.
Jester was too busy exploring and running around to pay attention to Bebe. I kept Bebe in the carrier while Jester was out in the basement run. Bebe kept biting the cage bars to get out, but when Jester came up and press his nose up to hers, they both sat there for a moment until Jester ran off.

Today I let Bebe out of the carrier to see how Jester react to Bebe. Bebe flatten herself out for Jester. Jester came up tosniff Bebeand then nippedher onher head. Bebe kept approaching Jester but he kept nipping at her. After awhile he started chasing her and pulling fur. I had to use the spray pump to slow Jester down, but Bebe was too afraid of him and tried to hide behind me. So I ended the session and took Bebe back to her cage.

Then I tried letting Shadow out with Pebbles in the run. Pebbles was the aggressor, and charged Shadow grabbing tuffs of fur off him. Poor Shadow must of been thinking here we go again with another bunny attacking him. Pebbles kept running at him to bite him and Shadow was trying to defend himself. Fur was flying from the two of them. At times, I tried to stop Pebbles, but she bit and tugged atmy gloves when I held my hand out. So that ended in record time. I couldn't find any bad bites and all the bunniesare fine. I don't want any bunnies hurt, so I will keep any other meetings to a minimum.

All bunnies gained weight today, so they are eating well. I might have to cut back slightly on their food. ;)

All the bunnies are doing well today. I brushed all of them again. I've got to get a Furminater or a Furbuster. I set up a brushing station in the basement run so I don't get hair all over in the kitchen. :D

Shadow and Jester are so good with their litterboxes in their cages so clean up is a breeze. They evenpee inthe litter boxes set up in the basement. Some of the poops end up on the basementfloor, but that is a result of a pooping war from all bunnies and that they want to make sure that I have something to do. :p

I held Pebbles for Shadow to sniff and that went pretty good. However I didn't let the two run around together.
I held Bebe for Jester to sniff too.After I let Bebe down, she runs and hides as she is afraid of Jester. There was no biting though.
Well I'm going to give them some parsley and go to bed now.

Hope you're having a good time in Vegas.

Stan

Thanks so much for keeping us updated :). Getting online is a bit hit and miss here,so it's nice to see how my babies are doing.

Things seem to be going OK. Would Bebe be so frightened of Shadow? I know Jester is just so full of energy,it's like watching a tornado run around the floor :D.

We are having a lovely time - it is 108 degrees today, so we rented an air conditioned cabana by the pool. Not won anything yet- well I did win $7 :)

Give all bunnies a kiss from me.

Jan

All the bunnies lost alittle weight today. But that can be gained by giving them a few more pellets. :D Shadow continues to eat so much hay, her poops are marble sized. :p Jester eats his share, but they put Pebbles and Bebe to shame as mine hardly touch their hay. I gave some of your pellets to my two as treats.They are big compared to Oxbow (the size of macaroni). ;)

Jester and Bebe are so similar. They like to run around, binky and jump up and down on things. Shadow and Pebbles prefer to stay on the ground and flop on the floor.

I had Jester and Bebe together for awhile, but Bebe keeps running away and hiding from Jester. And everytime Bebe runs, Jester would chase and pull hair off Bebe. So I ended that session.

Then I tried something different. I introduced Shadow to Bebe .... and it was a hit! :bunnydance::bunnydance: The two got alongvery well with no biting. :shock: At first, Bebe was shy and running away, but Shadow did not chase and nip her. Over time, the two were making more contact, andsniffing each other. Bebe would put her head down, but Shadow would not groom her. He would nibble at her fur, but the nibbles got harder which causes Bebe to run away. There is a good chance they could bond, but then Shadow would have to stay here. :p

I didn't put Pebbles withShadow today, but I wanted to see how Pebbles and Bebe got along after having other bunnies over. Bad mistake, as soon as I put Pebbles down, Bebe charged Pebbles and they got into a terrible fight. Both are fine, but it took Pebbles some time to settle down. Looks like the two won't be bonding soon. :(

Tomorrow, I will pick up some more salad and parsley, so everyone should be fine for the weekend.

Stan

Yay for Shadow and Bebe :). But no, it would mean Bebe would have to come home with me - I mean, I'm the only female with 3 males, soooo ......:p:D

Sorry to hear that Pebbles and Bebe still won't get along :(. I guess they are both pretty stubborn.

We fly back later today, and get in sometime tonight - if they let us :shock:. It will probably be tomorrow afternoon when I phone you.

Jan

Janis away for a few days and spendingsome time in the mountains (Jasper). Hopefully it doesn't snow too much and the temperature doesn't go down to -12*C (10*F).Ibunnynapped Shadow and Jester last night, and will hold them ransom when Jan gets back. :cool:

Shadow and Jester are not bonded and still have some scuffles when they are together, so I am keeping them separated during their stay. They will get separate run times.

My bunnies, Pebbles and Bebe have bonded and I can leave them in the run together. Pebbles is still alittle nervous being around Bebe, but there is no biting or fighting.

It took me around 15 months to bond my two, but I got to give Jan credit for helping me out. Bebe has always been aggressive to Pebbles, and Pebbles have come to a point where she is just scared of Bebe. In October Bebe went over to Shadows House on a Bunny date. However Shadow must of frighten Bebe, because Bebe invaded Shadows territory. After that Bebe stopped being an aggressive bunny. She even started giving Pebbles some bunny licks which she never did before.

These pictures are from the Bunny date, October 9, 2008.

32zm6go.jpg

ivacs0.jpg

depetj.jpg

Bebe just loved to be cuddled by Jan. Of courseShadow is getting alittle jealous. ;)

mtugz5.jpg

Jan has to tell you about this incident about Shadow and the door. :D

Another incident at the bunny date is when Bebe runs awayfrom Shadow. Bebe would run so fast in a circle around the room, she ends up bumping into Shadows back. :p

OMG they are bonded Stan. We must see pictures of them.

BTW you can send Jester to me while Jan is away, and then tell her Jester went on a little trip.:p

Susan

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

[align=center]Jester is the cutest Harlie I've EVER seen! Must bunny nap!
[/align]

SOOOSKA wrote:
BTW you can send Jester to me while Jan is away, and then tell her Jester went on a little trip.:p

Jan would notbe able to have mesending Jester to you, because she would not be able to get Jester back from me. :p

OR... Maybe I could tell Jan that Jester was sent to you, while Iget to keephim after Jan gets back. ;)

LedaHartwood wrote:
Jester is the cutest Harlie I've EVER seen! Must bunny nap!
Catch him if you can. He is pretty fast.

35ic304.jpg

He is full of energy and binkies galore. Yet he sits in your arms so calm for cuddles.
He really enjoys being in contact with people.

swanlake wrote:
i think a bonded bunny photo session is in order
I can put Shadow, Pebbles and Bebe together in the run! No biting or fighting. Pebbles couldn't stay away from Shadow, and groomed him all the time.

2uhr11c.jpg

Hey, Susan and LedaHartwood - no napping the Jester bunny :nonono:. And now i know your plan, Stan, you can't hide him from me :p

I have to say, that picture of Shadow and Pebbles just melted me :in tears:. Shadow is really a 'bunnies bunny' (he prefers the company of rabbits to humans) and yet other rabbits always seem to attack him :(. And to see my boy getting kisses just makes me feel sooooo happy for him. Of course, that means Pebbles has to come and live with us :p;)

Will be back sometime tomorrow - have walked miles in the mountains here, so a bit worn out :sleep:

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Will be back sometime tomorrow - have walked miles in the mountains here, so a bit worn out :sleep:
Tomorrow? Hmm... I won't be home, err... I'll be out all day ... (to hide the bunnies). :running bunny

Maybe you should take a few days to rest since you are worn out before you pick up your bunnies. :nod

rwrryh.jpg

2m7urdh.jpg

Latest posts

Back