Severly deformed in the hind legs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. i have some words about that vet that i will refrain from saying right now. oooohhhsaaaaa.

i'm sorry i have no advice, just a friendly voice to cheer you on, good job for sticking up for your Gimpy and not listening to that fool of a vet.

please keep us posted.

Will look for pain meds for her. Last week I picked up a bottle of livestock penicillin and tracked down dosing instructions. I have given her a shot every other day, as described on the site where I found the amount she should be given. The injury site is not red or swollen, she is healing well. We wrap it and make sure it is not getting worse.

I have known her deformity is life threatening and the vets up here would want to pts the wonderful bunny, which is why I did not take her in until I thought I had to intervene in her foot. She does not react at all when the bandages are changed, or during any cleaning of the injury, which is why I think in my heart of hearts it is paralyzed and has no feeling.

:?... trying to help her any way I can, hoping for the best, and loving her every moment.

Back