Seeking Flemish

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbunny

Reaction score
I want to get a flemish giant...in the worst way. Problem is. Can't find one. I have looked everywhere I could think. So now I am asking for help. If anybody knows of a breeder in Michigan please let me know.

Are you needing a show quality one or just a pet? There's a whole bunch of flemish and other large breeds desperately needing homes in Ontario. Maybe we can find a way to get one or more to you. We've done a transport from US to Ontario before and there are some RO members in the area. Check out this thread:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=34010&forum_id=7

I am looking for just a pet.

I think it would be a really long drive for me. Windsor is about an hour and a half. Do you know where in Ontario, these rabbits are?

They're in Barrie, at least the ones that are still at that shelter. A number of other SPCAs have taken some and Rabbit Rescue has been doing everything they can. Here's their website:
http://www.rabbitrescue.ca/

The reason I suggested it is that there may be people willing to drive the rabbit part of the way for you. Rabbit transports aren't uncommon and we've organized a number of them through this forum. A lot of these rabbits are in danger of euthanasia (or adopting one leaves a spot open for another rabbit in danger) so a lot of rabbit lovers are willing to help.

The best way to get more information is to post in the thread to find out how feasable transport to you will be, and contact Rabbit Rescue and ask what breeds they have, ages, colors, and anything else you want to know. I know for sure there are Flemish because Trailsend took in two moms with babies, and one mom (the gray one) was most definitely Flemish. And there are a ton of babies, nursing moms, and pregnant rabbits if you're so inclined.:)

Really, it's exactly the right time to be looking for a big bunny!

Latest posts

Back