Scared out of my mind!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a comment Randy said once--not to have them on Metacam for a long time. ~~Paging Randy~~

Ok, starting night before last Mousse has gotton horny, I hope that is ok to say. I went to put her up nd when I did did she flattened to the ground and stuck her butt high in the air. I know what this means having bred before. So all day yesterday and now tday also she constantly jumps into my lap(she NEVER would get around us willingly before) and asks for me to pet her. I do and she flattens and raises her booty. Never have I had a rabbit want me to breed to them :pSo now she is running around with her tail high, her gate wide and anytime she gets near Becca's cage Becca tries to attack her and Mousse sprays. Now this being said it is not just Mousse that Becca attacks, it is everything, 'cept me. Chiron(our pup) goes by the cage and *bam* Becca attacks. Totally stessfull I would say but I do not want Becca in my room alone with Pitten *our cat*, not while she is recovering. So now I am worried I will not get them bonded back and this spay has made her mean.

Should I cover her cage with a towl? I perfer her to stay near someone at all times so if anything changes in her we know. Since yesterday morning she has changed a lot, you can tell she is finely "recovering" because she is more alert and like I said, agressive. She has always had the mood but never toward dogs or Mousse. She is even digging agressively at the fleece in her cage. and trying to rip it appart. Is this just from the shock of no hormones? That is what mom suggested having had a hystorectamy(sp?)

I am not sure why she is behaving the way that she is, however, I would possibly cover the cage.
Does the incision look OK? Does she look as if she is still in Pain?

The place where she was "cut" looks like it did when she came home. A bit crusty at the bottom but it is not swelled or oozing or anything. As for the pain I expect not. The first two days she layed or just sat most of the time, when she was in pain she licked it consantly now she is hopping all over and digging, wanting out of the cage. I don't expect I should let her out till at least a week?

Usually the doctors say to keep them confined but I have allowed a spay out in a small space like a short run or a small bathroom as long as there is nothing the bun can jump on or the space is so long the bun will run.
Giving her room to to move around a little is OK but if you don't have that it is best to keep her confined...
in other words don't let her loose in a room in which she is used to jumping, binkying, and running

Latest posts

Back