Scared out of my mind!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
Tomorrow we are taking Becca and Mousse over to Dr. Adams and having Becca's spay. I have already broke down crying once, I am so scared. Mom was all "just pray about it" but I do not believe as her. To me it is simple, spay her and her possibly die or don't spay her and her possibly die of cancer. I am so nervus I am sick. She's one of my babies. I would like to call Kate or talk to her and tell her but she is not home this week. I haven't talked to her in 8 days and it's hard. Becca came from her, she intrusted me with Becca because she thought she would have a good home. What if I do this and she dies because of me? :cry2

What if she has cancer? What will they do? will she require treatment afterwards? How much is treatment? I already lost Candy to cancer :tears2:

Freaking out....

I'm sure this probably belongs in the infirmary, you'll get more replies there :)
I'm no medical expert, but good luck. Hope all goes well for you and your bun!

I think it's completely normal to be terrified when one of your much loved bunnies has an operation.

I really hear your panic, but try to rationalise what you are doing and why you think this is the right thing to do. Remember, that you are doing this because you think it is the best thing. Essentially, it is your choice, and you can choose whether or not to have her spayed.

If your vet is good then chances are they have lost a very minimal amount of rabbits over the past year, which leaves a very minimal chance that anything will go wrong. Whereas if you leave her as unspayed there is a roughly 80% chance of something going wrong. Logically, it makes sense to get her spayed, however, emotionally, it can be a different board game completely. No one can tell you what to do, you are in control and you can choose if she has it or not.

I would presume if she has cancer they will carry out the spay anyway. If it is spread, I'm not sure there is much they can do other than get her through the spay and then send her home to you. However, given she is showing no symptoms of any problem, if she has cancer, I would suspect that it is not yet that far along, because if it was, she would presumably be showing symptoms. I'm sure I've said this on another thread of yours?

It will be a horrible day for you if you go ahead with it, so try your best to keep busy and distract yourself as much as possible.

My grandma called wanted to know if I would go to the doctor with her tomorrow. Mom wants me to put Becca's spay off but I told her Becca comes first. Everytime she tries to make be put something off it never happens. We will be sitting waiting for Becca to get done, see the docs is almost an hour away in the middle of nowhere so there is nothing for us to do but sit and wait xD Lucky me that i get to sit and have all these horrible thoughts pass through my head.

She has not showed signs of illness other than about a month ago, when she moved in with Mousse, she lost a bit of weight and just got back right about a week ago. She is very active and lastnight her and Moussey both where doing 2 foot high binkies durring their out-and-about time. I honestly had never saw one of my rabbits jump as high as Becca did lastnight. I swear it was near 2 foot! Mom and I's mouths both dropped :D

Anything special I should do for her tonight/tomorrow?

Maybe take something with you to do? Like a project of some sort, or a handheld games console or puzzles or anything else like that that you could take to occupy you?

I would suggest taking lots of pictures tonight. I find those things really comforting when mine are having operations. Are you taking Mousse with her tomorrow?

Good luck with the spay...

Denise

Gosh, the pictures make me about taking them because they might be the last... and here comes to tears again :tears2:

I will be taking Mousse and taking two cages because Becca WILL BE FINE!:magicwand:

I will take my DS but I doubt it will help. I need a prozac or something, I will be upall freaking night I bet. I haven't even had an appatite today.

Don't worry. Try to think of something else to keep your mind off of it. Vets are very smart people and have lots of practice. She'll be in good hands.

hey , my rabbit got done/spayed to day.
she was fine. so i hope your one will be..

Flashy wrote:
Any news yet?

We took her and intended on staying but they told us to go on home because there was many surgeries scheduled today and it would be some time before she would be done. They are keeping her tonight :nerves1Dr. Adams is bringing her to town tomorrow for us. There is a small clinic in town that he goes to on wensdays so when he comes he is bringing her. I am so worried. I am am glad they are keeping her tonight but still! I won't get to see my baby till tomorrow at 1. Ugg!

I will be calling in a few hours to see how she is.

Hopeflly them keeping her means she will have access to any additional drugs if she needs them. I hope she comes back to you tomorrow and is doing well.

Please keep us updated.

x

:jumpforjoy::dancingorig::party::woohoo:party0002::carrot:brown-bunny:airborne:

I called and all is well. No problems and she is awake. I hopeI can sleep tonight, will be going and getting her tomorrow at 1.

I don't know :(They are closed. I would hope the people that stay of the night to watch the animals would know to what to watch for. I will badger the doc tomorrow. I will be up way early so I will call even beforehebrings her to town.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about! :) Becca will be fine! I bet she can't wait to see you!

Latest posts

Back