scared baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbunny

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just brought new bunny home yesterday. She is a 3 month old flemish giant. She is so so cute. But she is also really scared. None of my other rabbits acted so scared when I brought them home, so I have been thinking maybe the reason is that she has been raised in a barn not in a house. I figure just leaving her in her pen so she feels comfortable in it is the best way to go. But I was hoping someone would have some other suggestions for me.
She is just so cute I want to hold and cuddle her but I realize she has gone through a big change in the over the last 24 hours and so right now I just want to make her feel at home.

Thanks for the tips.
Since she has only been with me for a day I'm not sure what she really likes yet. And I was wondering if since she is so young if its ok to give her many treats?
I did put a cardboard box house in her pen this morning and she is loving it and seems a little more comfortable. I have also been sitting on the floor next to her pen for the last hour reading through this site and talking on the phone. So hopefully she will start to relax and warm up to me.

What did you end up naming your bun?

You know, Tony was a bit like that (Palomino) and he still can be nervous but he's also a big sweetie! That's what I think it is - they are sweet but it also makes them a bit scared/shy/nervous.

Thanks for all the advice. She is settleing in to her new home fast. Last night she spent a lot of time outside of her pen and even did a flop right next to me.
She is so so cute and I can tell once she is comfortable she is going to be a real sweetie!

Latest posts

Back