Runts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadish Tolesa

Reaction score
This is a fawn flemish giant who just didn't make the grade....but shortly after it was born,itlooked like the others, and was basically the same size.Thenit just didn't thrive . I knowit's bloodlines are good, but maybeitdidn't get enough milk ? Hmmm...

Anyway,it's (she's) a real people bunny and a snuggler when being held. we may keep her unless we can find a pet home for her--if she makes it to adulthood. My son pointed her out one day and said she was a cute little "misfit"...so she's called Miss Fitt :).

Kadish Tolesa :bunnydance:

Poor baby :( There are hundreds of genes that have been linked to small stature and/or failure to thrive.

Pam

We hope she makes it to adulthood. I allow peanuts or runts to live as long as they're able, although many breeders probably do not--mainly because a dead baby can make the live ones' ill , especially in the summer.

I'm still new to showing/breeding , in that there's alot I don't know and am still learning. Our little runt gets to come in the house for a while each day for some extra TLC., then it's back out to mama for nighttime and nursing.

Kadish Tolesa :bunnydance:

p.s. here's another photo that seems to show Miss Fitt's personality -- she likes to hop on or over her sibling's :)

Ohhh she is gorgeous, and so small! She looks full of personality, too.

Thats the thing about breeding that makes me sit back and wonder if its something I want to do... To contend with runts and peanuts. I know for certain I couldn't cull any babies, but is it better to let them live in pain (peanuts) or put them out of their misery? *sigh* Gladly, your gal is JUST fine and looks no worse for wear besides her size. :)

Update on Miss Fitt.........She is doing well and is still with her mother; she's still nursing and has a full , rounded tummy when you hold her. She will probably stay with us as I might have a hard time parting with her !

Kadish Tolesa :)

And one more photo of Miss Fitt's mother ; while she was still in a pleasant frame of mind. She does'nt like us to carry her around at all--- boy can she kick ! She is un-named at this time . I thought about "Kickapoo", but we'll see . Maybe that's too silly :D.

Grrr! you are making me want a flem!!! Your kits are just too gorgeous for words and I really mean that. I keep going 'awwwwww' everytime I look at this thread.

My runt is sill little too but it so darn cute, it's got a realy stubby nose and short ears.

*edit* what about Kangaroo for her name? Kangaroos love to kick and you could call her Kanga for short

:heart:Ohhh man! That little runt stole my heart!;)Boy, is she/he cute! :D I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't part with the little smoochee :).

:inlove::bunnyheart

I also love the name Kangaroo.. too cute! :).

Latest posts

Back