Runny poops..smell..bleeeck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crude protein 16%

crude fat 3.5%

crude Fiber 15-18(max)

moustier 10%

Calcium0.8%

phosphorus 0.5%

Sodium0.2%

Vitamin A 17600 iu/kg

Vitamin D3 2200 iu/kg

Vitemin E 55 iu/kg

ok i think the bag is 5kg 11lbs.

Is there a list of ingredients? that would help - or a link to more information on this brand of pellets. OK?

Looks fine to me, but I only know the fiber and protein amounts theyre supposed to have.

Again, how old is this bunny with the excess cecals? Is shes over 8months or so you can start limiting her pellets. That should help.

Welll i took her in beuse her first owner had toget rid of her and it couldent go to someone yong cuz she attackedpeople..then this lady got her and found out her husband was alergictand she attacked them so in a rush i took her in..three days later shedident attack me..was sweet(still a pinch agggresive) and i was toldjust over a year:?

I feed both my girls Martins Less active. It's atimothy based version with with a higher fiber (pretty sure it does).Do you have it available to you? Both love it, and it would besomething to look into maybe in the future since she is about a yearold.

Is Martin's a Canadian food? I noticed y'allsaid there was a timothy based version... besides Oxbow, here in the USthe other only Timothy based I've seen is the Kaytee Timothy Complete,whichHarper is on. I've wondered before if there were othertimothy based brands in the US...

Mine aren't either :).

It's mainly just that the Less active is a timothy based, so forbunnies 8 months + it's better than the alfalfa based. Italsohas a lower protien, so that might help with the excesscecaldroppings.Pebbles is always bouncing off the walls and is onit and is doing great.

Here are the ingredients in both foods to compare.. There really isn'tmuch difference just one is alfalfa based and the other is timothybased. :)

Normal:

Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Shorts, Barley,Soybeans, Soya Oil (preserved with Rosemary Extract, Vitamin E andCitric Acid), Brewers Yeast, Lignin Sulfonate, Dicalcium Phosphate,Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (A source ofVitamin C), Rice Hulls, DL Methionine, Mannan OligoSaccharide, CholineChloride, Yucca Extract, Iron Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Vitamin E,Zinc Oxide, Niacin, Copper Sulphate, Mineral Oil, Vitamin A, FolicAcid, Calcium Pantothenate, Selenium, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, VitaminD3, Vitamin K, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Iodate,Thiamine Mono-nitrate, Cobalt Sulphate

Less Active:

Analysis..

[size=-1]Crude
Protein [/size]

[size=-1]15.0% min[/size]

[size=-1]Crude
Fat[/size]

[size=-1]2.5% min[/size]

[size=-1]Crude
Fibre[/size]

[size=-1]18.0% min[/size]

[size=-1]Crude Fibre[/size]

[size=-1]22.0% max[/size]

[size=-1]Moisture[/size]

[size=-1]10.0% max[/size]

[size=-1]Calcium[/size]

[size=-1]0.8% actual[/size]

[size=-1]Phosphorus[/size]

[size=-1]0.5% actual[/size]

[size=-1]Sodium[/size]

[size=-1]0.2% actual[/size]

[size=-1]Vitamin A[/size]

[size=-1]17600 IU/kg min[/size]

[size=-1]Vitamin D3[/size]

[size=-1]2200 IU/kg min[/size]

[size=-1]Vitamin E[/size]
[size=-1]55 IU/kg min[/size]

Ingredients:

Timothy Meal, Soybean Hulls ,Wheat Middlings, Barley, Soybeans,Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soya Oil (preserved with Rosemary Extract,Vitamin E and Citric Acid), Wheat Germ, Brewers Yeast, LigninSulfonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, MagnesiumOxide, Ascorbic Acid ( a source of Vitamin C), Rice Hulls, DLMethionine, Mannan OligoSaccharide, Choline Chloride, Yucca SchidigeraExtract, Iron Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Vitamin E, Zinc Oxide, Niacin,Copper Sulphate, Mineral Oil, Vitamin A, Folic Acid, CalciumPantothenate, Selenium, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K,Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Iodate, Thiamine Mononitrate, CobaltSulphate.

Sometimes rabbits get excess cecal poops fromhaving more protein in their food than they can handle.According to the article I'll post a link for below, bunny pellet foodshould have no more than 16% protein, so you're at your limit as far asthat's concerned. I would recommend finding a pellet foodthat's probably about 14 or 15% protein to try to balance things outbetter.

Maisie had the same problem some time ago, and I did the above, and it cleared right up! :)

Here's the article:
http://www.lagomorphs.com/pellets.pdf

Hope that helps! :)

Rosie*

Edited to add: All treats should also be cut out so you can see if thatnew food (that should be very gradually switched) is helping.:)

How old is Roxy now? If she's past 6 months, youcan go to a timothy hay-base pellet, like Oxbow Bunny Basics/T, orsomething similar. That would be heathy for her - much lower proteinand fat content, etc.

well roxy is..(what i was told) just over1....but i havent seen the martin food that doesent have thealfalfa...i will take another look! I may go into town tonight! soo ifi doo i will see if Pet value has it......:(

You might want to check at some of the feedstores in your area - and read the labels on the bags. It might take abit of looking around to find a good substitute, but it's worth theeffort. (I know you can't drive and that it might take a while to dothis... no worries on that! :))

And I'm glad to know that Roxy is OK. It must make you feel a lot better, too. :)

It worried the crap out off me..but when isaw(Ohh God this sound sooo bad) the Picture of the POOP i felt aweight has been lifted off my shoulder!:happydanceShe had one littleicky poop today..but it was small...I worried about letter herout...then she did a horrid poop and i would step in it...well i cantsay this because that has happend...then you wonder what smells...Lookat my feet "TA DAAAA" a squished poop! then i mom screaming becausethere was poop smeered on the floor! Just great!

Well i dont have to worrie about this no more!:craziness

Thanks Everyone!

No problem! :)

I'd just ask at the place that carries the regular Martin's. Usuallythey are sold together. I've found mine at Bosley's and K&K sofar.

I feed my girls Kaytee Timothy Complete...but I'm not sure if it's sold in Canada...is it?

Anyway, cheaper than Oxbow, and it's healthy. :)

Latest posts

Back