Runny poops..smell..bleeeck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovethetailyall

Reaction score
Roxy has been haveing some what runny poos..notwatery..but a little more soft then a guinie pig poop! She has had itfor a mounth now...she dous it a few times a week..and it smallsbad!:(What could it be..any advice?

Your bunny needs to be seen by a vet - and some tests need to be done, to rule out intestinal parasites and the like.

this is *not* something that can be "fixed" without medical intervention.

I'd call and get her to a vet *today*. Nottomorrow or next week. It could be any number of problems causing herillness. I mean, this has been going on a month?? The rabbit should'vebeen to a vet long before now. Please take her ASAP.

Agreed completely, MBH.

ilove...., you just lost one bunny. There's no reason you have to loseanother - which will more than likely happen (and soon) if you don'tget this one to a good vet.

Your bunny has a serious problem, and you can't treat it or evendiagnose it. But a good vet can. Please don't wait any longer to gethelp for her.

How's Roxy? I hope it isn't cocci as that can pass to the whole herd so its important to get her to a vet soonest.

Hopefully she's been there by now. (I always think coccidia when I hearof really smelly poops and I've had friends lose rabbits from it).

Peg

I dident get her to the vet because i thoghtthat my other rabbit had a sensitive stomic..eny treat or carrot woulddo her in..so i took away her carrot..no poop no smell...:?

You have to be careful not to overfeed treats -very small pieces of banana, apple (no seeds, they're poisonous!),carrot, etc. per day, if that. (I don't feed treats every day.)

When did Roxy's poop start going back to normal?

Has she always had a treat before the smellypoops? In your original post you said she'd had it for abouta month....so I wouldn't think having a carrot would make it last thatlong and her stomach would have gotten used to carrots...

Peg

idono..24 hours after i posted i think...withinthe last day and a half...:?See i forgot about 2 days ago to give her alittle babay carrot..and then i thoght not to give her one lastnight..and she seemed better today...i dont remeber not quiteshure:?Ahh im looseing it;):shock:

Are you sure these soft poops arent cecalpellets? Those are the pellets bunnies are supposed to ingest at night.They look like a bunch of little grapes stuck together and they have adistinct odor to them.

well they are stock toghether like mini poopsformed as one...could her mushy poops could have been that?I know thissoulds icky but dous enyone have a pict of this poo?:D

Yep take away the oats, and her rabbit food should be fine if she has been eating before the cecals ever started to show up.

Glad we found out what it was! She is leaving normal poops as well, right?

I would eliminate any kind of treat. Does she have access to unlimited hay?

And Im not sure about the content of Martins. Can you post the ingredients and percentages?

Also, how old is she? If shes over 8 months or so, you can startlimiting her pellets to about 1/4 cup per 4lbs of body weight a day(plus umlimited hay) but make sure you do it gradually over a period ofa few weeks.

she actuly only eats that mutch anyways..she isnot a big eater...ok well she was on a feed store pellet..but therabbit never really liked it and it dident do mutch for them..and along time ago i have one of my rabbits on martins..they rele liked itand i found there coat and lifeness was better! well i started about aweek ago switching them..they all love martins..they pick throght thefeed store feed and eat martins first!Little Buggers! I will post theIngredients.i have to wait till my Mom goes to bed..about 15 more min!she is and isent on unlimetd hay..they get a handfull during the dayand at night..so they pretty mutch have it all day! should i limit itmore?:D

Latest posts

Back