Runny Eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I be worried???

• Don't worry.

• Take her to the vet.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Any "colored discharge" isn't "good" so to speak, it's an infection of some sort. Randy is right of course!:) (We love you Randy!!)

Get that x-ray and let us know what it shows. I wish the best for little Gracie!:)

We just got back from the vet. Gracie's top roots are inching their way toward her sinus cavity, with one or two already in her cavities, which is causing her runny eyes. She has the potential to develop bone spurs on her mandible, but not yet! :) The vet "shaved" her molars today, as they were very long and sharp. I am supposed to give her pain meds every other day for 3 months, which is when she goes back to the vet for another teeth shaving. The vet said this wasn't the worst case scenerio, which I am thrilled about. I wasn't able to get the x-rays! :(What do you think of this treatment?

I'm a bit concerned--how did the vet know the roots are growing into the sinus cavities without taking an x-ray? Or did they take one, but you can't take it with you? Legally, you're allowed to have copies of everything in your rabbit's file, you just have to pay to make copies for it.

Also, simply grinding down the exposed part of the tooth, which sounds like what the vet did today, isn't going to fix the roots of the tooth growing into the sinuses. I'm pretty sure that if the teeth are growing into the sinuses the only option to fix that is extraction. I hope others who have "been there, done that" with their own rabbits will have more information.

She did an x-ray, I just wasn't able to take it with me...they hadn't made extra copies. Gracie's teeth were too large for her mouth, that's why she grinded them. Second, her roots aren't very bad, so she doesn't want to extract yet! Thanks so much for your very kind and helpful advice! :D

So, Haley and you all that have endured this, what do you all think? I think it sounds plausible. Good thing for now.At least some info was given regarding spurs.:)

I wish the best for Gracie, please keep us posted. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.;)

It does remind me a lot of that video from Fast Up on Rabbit Care (posted by a member). It shows the whole dental procedure. They ground down the molar points, even though the roots were also bad, and I think they were hoping that would correct the problem a bit and if not they could go back and extract them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/FastUpOnRabbitCare#p/u/0/46slQO1APuw[/ame]

Latest posts

Back