Rosie's Teeny has gone to the Bridge...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LuvaBun wrote:
There are times that I can 'sense' Pernod around me, and it is a comfort.
Isn't it amazing how that can happen? It happens sometimes with Tiny....

Rosie, I'm not surprised that Teeny told you it was ok to bring another bun into your home and into your heart. I'm sure he would want Elvis to help heal your pain.

Elvis is adorable. Let us know when you get him....

:shock:

i'm so sorry Rosie! i was just wondering how y'all were doing.......:?

Anna

:hug: Rosie, your post to Teeny had tears in my eyes. But it is so obvious that Teeny wants to help heal the hurt, and there was Elvis to do the job.

Not only is he a looker, it sounds like he has quite the personality - love the fact that he escapes, but instead of getting into mischief, he waits to be petted :D. I think you may have a job keeping him where you want him.

When do you get him? I am sure Teeny greatly approves :)

Jan

Not sure yet when we'll be bringing Elvis home. It'll be a few months yet, but believe me, I'm eager to get him home soon! :)

I wouldn't have ever been able to approach the idea without Teeny's push, though. I owe it all to him, completely and totally. And I really think he wanted me to bring home Elvis SPECIFICALLY...so there must be something about Elvis, specifically, that'll help me.

It feels like it's been months since I lost my sweet boy, but it's really only been a few weeks. I still can't believe it...and yet, he feels so completely gone already. How on Earth could that be possible? How could he really be gone? I just can't truly fathom how it could actually be reality. He's such a solid member of the family...I always expect to see him, and then there's that empty space where his cage was, and I have to take a few minutes to recover from the sadness overtaking me. How could someone be there one day, and be so completely gone the next? How is that fair? What about us? We love him so much...how can all that love not have held him here? Why does that not count toward that?

I'll be honest...I'm sure I'm pushing myself too hard. Danny tells me that I shouldn't expect to be as healed as I want myself to be. He says that I don't let myself think about it enough, and I expect too much of myself. To tell ya the truth, I'd love the time to just sit and think all day long. Just one day to do nothing but think, and come to realizations about different things having to do with losing him...and I get seriously disappointed at my lack of strength. I surprise myself with the things that cause a temporary emotional breakdown...it so completely overtakes me...my entire body can't help but grieve for the time that it does.

I hate being sad all the time...but, really, I'm mostly angry...with no one to be angry at. When we were burying him, I couldn't help but take the shovel and do almost the complete job of burying him by myself. I was so angry...but just at myself. I feel so responsible...I was the one that wanted him, brought him into our household...and I feel like I'm the one that brought so much sadness to my family...so it was MY responsibility to replace that dirt once we had dug the hole and put him in. Danny had to take the shovel from my hands and force me to stop...he knew if I finished I would've hurt myself physically...but I honestly didn't care. It was nobody's job but my own.

I have to say, though, that at the end of the day, I do expect great things of myself...in many areas. And I know I'm hard on myself, but I honestly can do nothing else. I have fought my whole life to be better, work harder, do more, do EVERYTHING I can possibly do. I just think that it's important to always demand more from yourself...to demand better from yourself. To always improve yourself.

Anyway, I just look foward to the future, and enjoy the times when my sweet Teeny's with me. Just keep us in your prayers. I so deeply appreciate the sympathies and kind words you guys have given. It's really helping, being able to write to him and get out all this pain in words (a bit).

Hugs to you guys and your babies...

Rosie*

:hug: Hoping that Teeny remains with you forever in your hearts and minds... and helps you find some peace within... :hug2:

omg Rosie i'm so excited to send Elvis to you! I really think you'll fall in love with him. I'll buy his carrier and everything in it to ship him out. If I can at the time i'll pitch in for shipping, but I can't make a guarentee right this minute.

I feel bad for the poor boy, he just wants soooo much love that I don't have time for. I leave right before sunrise and get home minutes before dark. I work outside int he cold ALL day and then when I come home, I put in another 4 hours outside in my own barn. My warm house kind of becomes top of my priorities at that moment. Next to sleep or a hot shower. Elvis really would love someone to baby him and moosh his face fat together all day.

That little turd is so full of himself. ITs like he knows he's the special one.

I work at that stable...and for a whiel we were allowed to bring our dogs to work with us, provided they were well-behaved (which mine aren't). So I started bringing Elvis. He follows us stall to stall while we clean and tells us if we've missed a spot. Then he'd go sun himself on the blacktop while all the boarders came out to take pictures and hold and love him and he just ate that up. I'll try to get more pictures to you soon.

-JAK

Oh man, that is SO CUTE that he follows you around like a puppy. Sounds like he's a really great helper, too. I had a feeling he would be so great just wandering around the house with me. :D He'll probably join the ranks as another couch bunny! :D

I can't wait to see more pics! You know what a picture hound I am...but I totally completely understand how busy you are, too...so NO PRESSURE, oks?

Aww...about buying the carrier and schtuff...I hugely appreciate that!! (I don't expect you to pitch in on the airfare...so no worries at all. I figure once we're able to afford a $160 ticket for him, without shooting ourselves in the foot, we'll be more than able to just pay the whole airfare.) I hope we can get that big ball o' love home soon! What a great boy...he's gonna fit right on in! :D

I can't wait!!

((HUGS))

P.S. You visiting anytime soon? Maybe you could smuggle him in a bookbag! :biggrin2:

Rosie, I havent been on much lately so Im just seeing this. Im so sorry for your loss. Teeny was such a handsome boy- and so young :(. Im so sorry he was taken from you and your family so suddenly. It breaks my heart to think of you all having to go through this. I know how much your bunnies mean to you.

Im so glad to hear you will be bringing another bun into your life. What a lucky guy he is! I hope you will pop in every now and then and let us know how you are doing. Its just not the same without you here.

*hug*

Haley

Sorry, I won't be visiting again until maybe summer, but definitely by October 2009, ARBA Nationals will be in SAn Diego! And we're going to plan our visit around that.

Also the $160 plane ticket only covers up to 11 pounds for bunny +carrier + everything in it. Elvis alone is 11 pounds, so you'll end up paying an overweight fee, and then more money per pound overweight.

I know you'll love him.

-JAK

maherwoman wrote:
Aww...about buying the carrier and schtuff...I hugely appreciate that!! (I don't expect you to pitch in on the airfare...so no worries at all. I figure once we're able to afford a $160 ticket for him, without shooting ourselves in the foot, we'll be more than able to just pay the whole airfare.) I hope we can get that big ball o' love home soon! What a great boy...he's gonna fit right on in! :D

I can't wait!!

((HUGS))

P.S. You visiting anytime soon? Maybe you could smuggle him in a bookbag! :biggrin2:

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Sorry, I won't be visiting again until maybe summer, but definitely by October 2009, ARBA Nationals will be in SAn Diego! And we're going to plan our visit around that.

Also the $160 plane ticket only covers up to 11 pounds for bunny +carrier + everything in it. Elvis alone is 11 pounds, so you'll end up paying an overweight fee, and then more money per pound overweight.

I know you'll love him.

-JAK

Of course I'll love him! LOL! I already do!

And I don't mind a bit extra...not a problem at all. :D

I can't wait to bring him home, though. I told Teddy we're bringing Elvis home...he seemed like he recognized his name...and here's the bad part...he got a bit grumpy after I mentioned it. I hope that doesn't mean he doesn't like Elvis!! :shock:

Either way, they'd just have to learn to live with each other, lol...

But, extra on the plane ticket is fine...we'll work everything out when the time comes. :D

Haley wrote:
Rosie, I havent been on much lately so Im just seeing this. Im so sorry for your loss. Teeny was such a handsome boy- and so young :(. Im so sorry he was taken from you and your family so suddenly. It breaks my heart to think of you all having to go through this. I know how much your bunnies mean to you.

Im so glad to hear you will be bringing another bun into your life. What a lucky guy he is! I hope you will pop in every now and then and let us know how you are doing. Its just not the same without you here.

*hug*

Haley

Thank you so much, Haley. I plan on *sorta* being back. ;)

Teeny was truly a special big ol' guy...I miss him so much it hurts. I hate seeing that big empty space where his cage used to be...but then I remind myself that Elvis will have his cage there in the future, and I feel just a tinge better. It's hard to go through.

I wish I knew exactly what happened, but I also know it wouldn't have helped my pain any. It wouldn't have made me feel any better, in the long run. I can feel that it was just as unexpected by him as it was for us, though, and that makes me feel a bit better.

He was such a wonderful, handsome, amazing boy...he'll always be missed in our family.

Ah...

Well, darn good thing! Maybe since he was the last one added, he thinks I'll forget about him??

He's fine now, though, lol. I don't think Teddy has the capability to be upset about anything for long...'cause then he wants love, and pets, and kisses...he can't resist the power of the Mommy!!

:hearts :pet::flowerskiss:

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Spoiled bunny.

LOL...too true, too true. And, might I say, could be said for each of them. LOL!!

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Yeah but do all of tem eat 5 times their weight in everything twice a day?

-JAK

Uhhh....ok, good point. Though, I have to hand it to him...he just doesn't gain a single pound with all that food! GO TEDDY!

Oh, Mr. Teeny...

You have no idea how much joy you still bring to me. I'm amazed that even in missing you as much as I do, and how sad it makes me, I still can feel the joy you continue to bring...and you can still make me smile through my tears.

Yesterday marked a month since we lost you...and Mommy was so sad...and felt so alone as I went to feed everyone. But you brought me joy...you brought me peace...you fulfilled a promise I made to a bun that needed me so badly. You brought me Cinnabun...finally I was able to give her the home and the love she so richly deserved. You knew her pain...you knew her need...and you brought her to our home so we could at last take her fully into our family.

You show your sweetness and thoughtfullness so beautifully, Sweetheart. I can't thank you enough for your sweet Cinnabun gift to us...and on a day when we needed it so badly...

You are so wonderful, and we miss you so so much still...and will always. But now I can look at pictures of Elvis and look at my sweet Cinnabun and think of you, and how they're both gifts from my Big Ol' Boy, my Teeny BOB. You are so wonderful.

I love you always,

Mommy Bun

Latest posts

Back