Rosie's Teeny has gone to the Bridge...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh No!! Not Teeny :(. He was still a baby !

Oh Rosie, I am so very sorry for you and your family. Teeny was a special boy, and I can't believe he left us so soon.

Thinking of you guys

God Bless, Teeny :(

Jan

I'm so very sorry ,Rosie , that you lost such a special little guy at auch a young age.

To lose one suddenly like this is really the hardest way....can't imagine how sad you are. :(
In his "almost year" he was so lucky to have you as his mom.

:sad:Binky Free Teeny Boy ; he was gorgeous

Rosie, I had no idea until tonight, I am so very sorry. I know how hard it is and I cannot imagine what you are gonig through, I can't.:sad: I wish you any good feelings you could possibly take in through our messages to you, but, again, I know how the pain just doesn't do away.

I will be thinking of you and your family and all the buns. Please feel free to pm me.

Again, I'm so very sorry.

Crystal:hug:

RIP Teeny.:(:rainbow::pink iris:

i'm so sorry :(

... binky free Teeny
:pray::rainbow:

:sigh:

Thank you for your sweet words, guys.

Em's doing okay...we had to take a long walk after telling her, and she fell asleep crying, but she's doing better. Every day is a new day in our family, and we try to look at the positive of things.

Our other sweetie-buns are doing great. Flower's still confused, but she's getting better. I was up really early sick on Friday, so I took a day of relaxing at home, and Danny took Em to and from school so I could sleep. It was nice to just have a day of relaxing and kinda working through things in my mind. It's been so hard...

It's amazing to me how I can go for long stretches at a time, feeling perfectly fine, but one thought will pop into my head of yet another tragic detail, and I'll break down like I'm finding out all over again. My head's in a fog, and I know I'm not really out of shock yet, but I try to be there for Em, and try to be available and aware of things for Danny (I still remember him asking, months after Drew passed, when I mentioned that I'd been over the worse of it, "Does that mean I get my wife back now?"...broke my heart, and made me realize just how mentally by myself I'd been acting. I just get so distracted for a time, and then somehow I snap out of it, and go about my day. I just fine myself incredibly lost in thought, more than anything.

Hugs to you guys and your furkids,

Rosie*

I'm so very Sorry Rosie

My heart is with you at this sad time

Cheryl

Rosie, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Binky free, sweet boy.

maherwoman wrote:
Thank you for your sweet words, guys.

Em's doing okay...we had to take a long walk after telling her, and she fell asleep crying, but she's doing better. Every day is a new day in our family, and we try to look at the positive of things.

Our other sweetie-buns are doing great. Flower's still confused, but she's getting better. I was up really early sick on Friday, so I took a day of relaxing at home, and Danny took Em to and from school so I could sleep. It was nice to just have a day of relaxing and kinda working through things in my mind. It's been so hard...

It's amazing to me how I can go for long stretches at a time, feeling perfectly fine, but one thought will pop into my head of yet another tragic detail, and I'll break down like I'm finding out all over again. My head's in a fog, and I know I'm not really out of shock yet, but I try to be there for Em, and try to be available and aware of things for Danny (I still remember him asking, months after Drew passed, when I mentioned that I'd been over the worse of it, "Does that mean I get my wife back now?"...broke my heart, and made me realize just how mentally by myself I'd been acting. I just get so distracted for a time, and then somehow I snap out of it, and go about my day. I just fine myself incredibly lost in thought, more than anything.

Hugs to you guys and your furkids,

Rosie*

Rosie, if it's any consolation at all, this is exactly what Peg and I described how we went through a loss at one time, she agreed with what I said of how it can come and go and is so strange. I think this is what you are experiencing and find it to be normal. Unfortunately, the pain is so bad you just don't know what to do. I understand that totally. Please, if you need to talk, send me a pm and follow up when you can, no big deal, ok?

Thinking of you and your family at this diffucult time.

Crystal

:hug:

Just to add a bit of an update...

Sunday afternoon, we buried our sweet boy in a really lovely place. His spot overlooks a really beautiful view, where there's a little stream and lots of birds and wildlife (I even heard some wild bunnies scampering around, so he'll have bunny company). It was so hard to drive away...I felt like I was abandoning my sweet boy by leaving him there. In a way, his body still being home was comforting...but I knew we had to do what was right, and say goodbye. It was so difficult for me...

Emily's doing really well. Our little funeral (was just the three of us) helped her to move on. I think that it being a more concrete a way to say goodbye (actually having his body there, seeing where he's buried, etc.) helped her move on easier than she did Bun Bun because this way she could talk directly to him. (She still cries about Bun Bun's passing from over a year ago.)

But...I'm not doing too horribly well. I talked to Cathy on the phone earlier, and though I'd been fine for hours, I completely broke down in talking to her about missing him. It's odd how loss is like that.

It's been mentioned to me the idea of getting another bun...but right now, I can't even approach the subject. Earlier, we had to go to a pet store to get some more bunny food, and I remembered that they also sold buns...and during breakfast beforehand thought, maybe we could get one, and then promptly started crying, and Danny looked at me, and took my hand. I hadn't even mentioned yet my train of thought about being at the pet store...but he knew. Just the thought of the reason why we have an empty spot made me break down.

One thing was nice, though...we stopped by the feed & tack place (before going to the pet store) to see if our shipment of bun food came in (we buy boxes of Oxbow...six 10lb bags at a time...we get it at-cost that way), and we mentioned to her that we'd lost our boy...and she understood immediately what we were going through. It was nice for someone to understand why I'm in so much pain...so few people do around here in LA.

Flower is still upset. I mentioned to Cathy the fact that she boxes me every time I try to pet her, and she mentioned that Flower is probably angry at me, specifically, for it...that she's taking her grief out on me. I can understand, really...I'm mad, too...and so sad about things. I'm just being patient with my baby girl. I know she doesn't really understand things, and that it'll just take time and patience.

Trixie's doing really well, given that she's back to her normal avoid-Mama's-petting-like-the-plague self, lol! I was really happy to discover that earlier today when we fed them. She's such a stinker...lol!

As far as everybody else, they aren't acting any differently at all...and are in fact doing really well. I'm really proud of my babies and their strength. We're all getting even closer together as a family (as if it were possible...we're so close already), and really growing together. I'm really proud of my family and their strength.

The cats can tell I'm upset...Hobbes won't let me leave the room (or Danny, either) without crying at whatever door we're on the other side of. But they've seen me upset like this before. Hobbes won't leave me alone...which is fine with me. He's got his longer winter coat on right now, and is super fluffy (which, if you know Hobbes, is quite a feat!). I'm calling him my Wooly Cattith (like Wooly Mammoth)...and he loves it.

But...all in all...we're working through this together, and we'll be okay. I've been walking around in enough of a sad fog that I didn't realize that Monday meant it'd been a week since I'd lost my prince of a bunny. There are so many things I'm sad about with this, so many thoughts of what I miss about him...that I don't think it could've made me any sadder. A week feels like a day to me right now...and no amount of time passing seems to make any difference. The fact is, my baby boy is gone, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Though...I do take comfort in the fact that I feel him with me almost all the time. When he first passed, and Danny had me feel his ears through the bag, I could feel him there with me. It was very odd...it felt like he was really confused, and so sad, and trying to get back to his body, but couldn't. I can feel that he misses me, too, and my love and kisses and cuddles. I don't know how to describe it...

The day before yesterday (or maybe it was yesterday, I don't know), I was walking to go pick Em up from school, and I saw a big, light-colored bun hop into some bushes ahead of me, and thought, "OH! A bun! I'm gonna have to take him home!" When I got up to the bushes, there wasn't anyone there...and the bushes were right up next to a building, so I knew I'd seen something that wasn't actually there. I felt Teeny really strongly at that moment, like he was walking with me, feeling that I was sad, and wanted to remind me that he was there. I miss him. I so badly miss my baby boy. And no other bunny could ever take his place. But BOY are my eight other sweethearts and our three kitties getting an overload of love!!

I don't look forward to not feeling him with me anymore...that'll be so difficult...:(

But until then, I continue to relish every moment he's with me.

maherwoman wrote:
But until then, I continue to relish every moment he's with me.
He will always be there. At the oddest moment you will know. They never leave you completely.

He will never leave you Rosie.... never. :hug:

You'll always feel him, and he will always stay. Nearly three years on Flash still shows me he is with me, and I still feel him close.

He will always be with you.

x

Oh Rosie, I know it is so difficult. One minute we're fine and then something makes you remember, and it all comes back :(

I am pleased that Teeny has a lovely resting spot. And yes, he'll always be with you in some way. There are times that I can 'sense' Pernod around me, and it is a comfort.

Thinking of you all

Jan

My Sweet Teeny Boy,

I heard you loud and clear, Sweet Boy. I was sitting here at the computer, writing things, talking to friends, looking around at bunnies for fun online, and heard you tell me that it was okay...that you wouldn't be sad, or hurt, or offended. I couldn't believe it, but at the same time, it was wonderful to hear.

I saw you the other day, on my way, walking to pick up Em. I saw that big ol' bunny hop into the bushes, and knew it was you (especially when I didn't see the bun when I checked as I walked by). I could feel you saying hello and reminding me you're always with me...walking with me when I go pick her up...being my companion all the day long. I'm so happy you're still with me. It brings me such joy to feel you near.

In hearing you tell me that it's okay, I was reminded of a bun that I'd talked to our friend Jesse about...a bun named Elvis that she'd offered to me about a year ago, but I had to say no to because I told her that we couldn't have two big bunnies...that we just didn't have the space. So, you reminded me of him, and told me that you'd be honored that your physical spot in our family be filled by this wonderful boy.

And happiness filled my heart upon the realization that he's still there, and would still love to be my sweetie. Boy, Sweet Teeny, you sure know how to pick them...and you sure know how to speak to my heart. I would've never thought of it, if you hadn't said something. I'd spent the last couple weeks so sad, not even being able to comprehend the idea of taking in another bun...and my mind was so filled with grief, I couldn't hear you telling me it was okay. My eyes couldn't see you because the tears clouded them. All I could think of was missing you, and why did I have to lose you, and why I have to now live without you...nothing else entered my mind.

You can see me...and I know that you see that since deciding to add Elvis to our family, I've perked up a bit. But, I tell ya, Hunny, thoughts of missing you are still very much there. We passed the road that leads to where your big ol' body is buried today...and I got all saddened again. Daddy was there, and held my hand. He could tell I was upset. He misses you, too, Sweetie, and so does Emily. I could never love another Flemmie like I love you, Sweetie...and I can't even fathom taking in another one, because they would always be compared to your greatness in my mind, and that's just not fair to anyone.

Elvis is the perfect fit, too. Jesse tells me he's a lovey-boy like Teddy, and that he's also got spunkitude, because he's an escape artist (but then sits there, waiting for the human to come over, instead of running away, because he loves pets so much). And he's big...but not as big as you.

Thank you so much, Baby Boy, for being here with me, and being with me while I go through missing you. I'm so glad goodbye isn't permanent...that you're still here. You're always so sweet like that, and always knew when I needed your love the most.

Well, Sweet Boy, I'm going to put pictures of Elvis here for people to see, so they can say hi to him, and welcome him into our family like they welcomed you. I know you paved the way to his arrival to our family, and I can never thank you enough for showing me that he's right...he's the one. I could've never thought of or agreed to take him in without you letting me know that it's okay. I feel like him becoming part of our family is your legacy.

I love you always, my Sweet Boy,

Mama Bunny

For you humans...here are pictures of Elvis. I'll put a bit of what happened below.

El1.jpg

El2.jpg

El3.jpg

El4.jpg

Elvis is one of Jesse's (JAK Rabbitry) French Lops. He's about a year old, and is about 11lbs, so on the small end of the breed. He's a broken squirrel color, and is oh, so sweet and squishy in personality, but also a bit of an escape artist (he's bested every type of cage closure that Jesse's tried).

To quote Jesse: "Elvis you have to watch though, is an escape artist. he's extremely smart. He can undo latches of all kinds and I have a hard time containing him. He got out twice yesterday but he's pretty much litter trained and doesn't go anywhere and lets me walk right up to him and pick him up. He loves his cheeks squeezed and his ears pulled and he'll ''melter'' as you call it. Immediately. He even likes being held on his back like a baby and he will, within minutes, go fast asleep."

The day before yesterday, I was sitting here, just browsing through bun pictures, and thinking about bunnies in general, and the though suddenly entered my mind, "It's okay." I swear it was Teeny...and I knew immediately what he meant. And suddenly, the idea of getting another wasn't immensely painful. I thought about it for a moment, reminding myself that after getting Teddy, I'd said, "No more. Nine is my limit." I'd also said as such to Danny...and it was a promise I've maintained. Well, Friday, I heard him say it was okay...that he wasn't upset about the idea, and that I would not hurt him if I looked, or even brought someone new home.

So, I thought about it, browsed around Petfinder a bit, saw a bun that looked strikingly like him (and promptly closed the window, because I couldn't even handle the THOUGHT of that), and took a few minutes to think about what breed I was interested in. My first thought: Yofi...in other words, an English Lop.

I then browsed around online, looking at English Lop breeders in CA, but there weren't any within even a few hours of us. :( And then I started thinking of other breeds, and remembered that French Lops are a mix between English Lops and Flemish Giants, and immediately remembered that Jesse and I had talked about Elvis about a year ago! Presto! Perfect! Somebun totally different in color, breed, ear type, etc.! :D I then also remembered that Jesse and I agreed months ago that if I lost any of my babies, she would be more than willing to send me one of hers.

I wrote to her, asked her about him, and she happened to have new pictures of his handsome self, and was MORE than happy to have him come live with us!

So, Mr. Elvis (who will retain his name, because Jesse says he more than lives up to it) will be joining our family in a few months. :)

Isn't he handsome?

Oh, and P.S. I find it no coincidence whatsoever that Elvis has the same type of white diamond on his forehead that Yofi does. He's who first entered my mind, and I think Teeny was trying to tell me who he thought should be added to the family. He's one smart cookie! :)

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Elvis is a handsome boy! You will have to build him his very own Graceland!;)

Aww...I love that idea. Oh yes...he'll have a palace fit...for a king! :)

I knew it! I just knew it! You would some day have your own Elvis and now I know mine is safe!

I know the feeling that some how this other animal, other bunwill help. It does to some degree but there are still moments that our just painful. They do eventually get farther apart but still happen. I am glad that your heart is feeling alittle better.

Latest posts

Back