Romane lettuce how often?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallcemommy

Reaction score
I started off giving miracle romane lettuce. How often a week do I give it to her/him?

How old is the bunny? If this is the first veggies he/she has had, just give a small piece of a piece(not like a whole big leaf) every maybe day. Gradually increase the amount giving as long as you are not noticing loose stool.

Romain lettuce is basically just water, it's best to feed them greens. My Ruby loves dandelion greens! I give an assortment of collard greens, dandelion greens, turnip greens, endive, escarole and a whole assortment!

Here is a link to a great site that lists all the yummy foods they can eat.
http://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables-and-fruits-for-a-rabbit-diet/

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Romaine is actually quite good for a first veggie to try your bunny on because it does have some nutrients but doesn't have too much calcium, oxalates, or potential gas-causing stuff. I would start with half a normal-sized leaf for a 4-5lb bunny once a day, for 3-4 days to make sure he can tolerate it.

My rabbits are old enough and are used to a variety of greens so they get about 2-4 cups every day. But that amount needs to be worked up to gradually.

In the winter, when my herb garden is bare, romaine is one of the staples I get from the grocery store. It's a nice dark green and quite healthy for them. They often will get it daily.

Right now they are getting lots of basil (green and purple) since it is still growing like crazy in the garden (and is free!)

Sophie gets romaine quite a bit, it's her main staple for greens as its readily available at the organic market and very cheap. Because its warm right now I like her eating it for the extra water it's giving her so she's nice and hydrated. So usually it's romaine 4 days a week with other greens like arugula, dandelion, kale, carrot tops and a variety of herbs. But like it was mentioned you have to start off with just a bit in case your rabbit has a sensitive belly. I'm really lucky with Sophie, she's been able to eat everything so far without issue.

Back