RO Pregnancy/Baby Watch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EmilytheStrange wrote:
It's freakin' 11:00 at night. I'm sleepy on tylenol pm. Jon is tired, in his pjs. A MAJOR CRAVING JUST STRUCK!! He must think I'm pycho, giggling half crazed for ramen noodles. YAY, he's making a run!!! OMG, I feel soo guilty but I am nuts for ramen noodles right now.
I totally craved ramen noodles when I was pregnant with my daughter! In the last trimester of both of my pregnancies, I wanted to crunch on ice. It's really funny because I didn't want to for the first two trimesters, and didn't want to as soon as the babies were born. :) Every once in a while I remember drinking a big cup of cranberry juice with ice and want some, but it just doesn't taste the same as it did when I was pregnant. :D

Thanks for the advice and for sharing your experiences everyone. This is such a great forum. People here are so warm and encouraging, which is so nice. I'm already getting into nesting mode. I have to write about what I did today.

I bought an automatic litterbox and built my husband a litter box table (I love to woodwork...you should see Edie's rabbit condo). HubbyHATES cleaningregular litterboxes and the receptacles for the automaticlitterboxes fill up so fast and tend to be rather flimsy when you replace them, which I know he wouldhate just as much.So I built the table with a hole below the receptacle and cut a hole in the bottom of the receptacle.I placed a trash can with a garbage bag below the hole so that when the waste gets scooped out into the receptacle, it will fall into the trash can.

The trashcan won't fill up as fast as the receptacle, so hubby shouldn't have to mess with it more than atwice a week. And then all he has to do is take the garbage bag out of the trashcan and thow it all away. I thought it was a pretty nifty idea, since we have four cats and litterbox cleaning is pretty much a constant for me.

Edierabbitsmom that sound awesome, i know what you mean about cleaning the litter i have three cats and i do it two times a day at the least,lol.

But if you have to, wear latex gloves and WASH YOUR HANDS!! Best bet, get hubby to do the grunt work..."But honey, it's making me nauseous!" or "oooooh, this baby is making my back/hip/legs sore, can't you be a dear?" :clapping:

I have been tested for Toxis plasmosis and am clean but wash my hands after ha ndling the boxes. I dont have a choice cuase i cant leave it up to hubby cause my cats are very particular and if the boxes arent cleaned they will pee outside the box. I have cleaned it will all my kids and they are fine............ well somedays i wonder about them, but generally they are ok,lol.

Just to put everyone at ease, I'm not planning to touch the litterbox at all. That is why I built this contraption...so that my hubby (who gets grossed out way too easily)doesn't have to cleanthe litterboxeveryday...or rarely everl...he just has to pull the trashcan out from underneath the table,tie up the garbage bag, throw it in the trash and replace it with a new one and voila! He is done! The automatic litterbox being used as a prototype is a brand new, unused litterbox that is on the way from an Ebay transaction. : ) I'll let ya'll know how it works! : ) I might market it to other expecting mothers and sell it on Ebay if it does a good job!

EdieRabbitsMom wrote:
I'll let ya'll know how it works! : ) I might market it to other expecting mothers and sell it on Ebay if it does a good job!
Hey, I would buy it! I'm not pregnant anymore, (and I don't plan on ever being so again, three is enough for me!) but we have seven cats, so our litterbox has to be cleaned every day.

I know it's a tad off topic to the discussion.

Gentlegiants, with seven cats you don't want an automatic litterbox. ;)When we just had two cats, we were replacing the litterbox once a year on average because it just wore out way too fast. Now that we've got six indoor cats, there's no way I'd go to an automatic litterbox. Instead, we've just got 4 cat boxes that get each get cleaned out 1 to 2 times a day, depending on the load for the day. We also use the litterbox liners that you can get at Wal-Mart with the holes on the bottom. Saves a lot of litter!!

Now for one or two animals, an automatic litterbox is wonderful!!

My last Littermaid lasted about 3 years, but it was so hard to keep up with with two cats, b/c those receptacles filled up so fast and they are flimsy and messy when you try to change them out. I bought this newest version for multiple cats off of Ebay and paid a total of $118 with shipping (they are $190 in the stores and at Littermaid's website), so I'm excited about it. It is brand new/sealed and comes with a one year warranty, so anyone thinking about buying one should try Ebay. We now have 4 cats, soI am hoping that it will last as long as the last one did. If my little contraption works, then it will so be worth it!But I have heard a lot of people complaining that theirs broke within a year.

HPIM3050.jpg

Here is me 25 weeks and 5 days!!!!!!!!! Almost to the end,lol

HPIM3048.jpg

Still look beautiful!

I have to send your package soon! Like maybe next Saturday.

you look beautiful!

EmilytheStrange wrote:
IT'S A GIRL!! :pinkelepht:
Her little legs were spread wide so we could see. The u/s tech, our friend from our previous pregnancy, said "can you tell what it is?" We guessed girl because we couldn't see much :biggrin2:
Jon and I are so excited, one of each now, it's the American Dream. Her name is going to be Olivia Hope ...Hope is my twin sister's middle name and Olivia is a character from a Danielle Steele novel about twins, "Mirror Image". Victoria was the twin that was most like me and Olivia was the character that was most like Amy. Aunt Amy is of course over the moon :inlove: And the grandparents are delighted.
We got a couple of decent u/s pics, Olivia was very squirmy. So far she "looks" like her brother.
Well, lots of emails/telephone calls to make now but I just wanted to share the big news!
Wow! A girl! That's great news. Olivia Hope is wonderful name
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Aww...you look so cute. Its hard to believe my belly is going to be popping out soon, too. :p Congrats on your baby girl!

Thank you everyone, i feel like a whale sometimes,lol

thanks everyone.

Jordiwives What an AWESOME picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back