RO Pregnancy/Baby Watch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gentle giants wrote:
Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Thanks everyone we are doing great. I am breastfeeding so that has its challenges that i am trying to go through without whimping out,lol. He seems to be up every three hours with at least one 4 hour stretch. I am not looking forward to my hubby going back to work next week cause i will have my hands full with my other two l ittle ones,lol
I hear you! Hubby going back to work is the hardest time, LOL. Good on you for nursing him, even though I know it's tough. I made it through two months with my youngest.
I feel like a human cow!!!!!!!!!! i swear all i do is nurse , and by the time i am done i have to do it again,lol!!!!!!!! Gosh i wish my hubby had the equipment to do it sometimes,lol.

Have patience and hang in there, it will even out as he gets on a longer schedule. I know, I nursed my younger one until she was 14 months. The first 2-3 months are the most difficult. Then it gets easier.

I couldn't afford to do formula when the second one came along. Lost my job and instantly became a stay at home mom. Things were very tight. But in the long run, I'm so glad I stuck with it. Compared to my first (formula fed), the second daughter had a LOT less health problems as a toddler and child. I think she had astronger immune system. (I only had the two and wasn't willing to "continue the scientific experiment" to get more data!)

I know thw "human cow" feeling. Did it 4 times until thy were about a year and a half. None of them (the eldest is 14 now) ever had antibiotics in their lives. My baby is 7 months now and she's been weaned of for the last few weeks. I regret it the odd time not having continued (their poos become so smelly on formula!) but she's sturdy and so far I haven't noticd much of a difference to the others. But keep up the feeding. It gets easier:)

i must have lucked out then....my mom couldn't nurse my sister or me......according to the doctor her ummmm...."equipment" was too small to nurse...lol...(my poor mom!). but i've always been healthy and never was on antibiotics either. not until i was 29 and had to have my tonsils out. but before 29 i was healthy as a horse!. and i was only sick a year then had the tonsils out. other than being allergic to life and anything that grows i'm fine.:biggrin2:

BlueGiants that is why i am breast feeding and more determined this time is because formula is ssssssssoooooooooo expensive and we are strapped for cash right now.

Sabine I too noticed that my first son never had breast milk, my second son had it for two weeks, and my third had the colostrum. I can tell the difference between my first and the other two, my first son was sick all the time, i swear i asked the pediatrician if it was normal for a baby to be sick so much and they of course said yes, but the other two werent nearly as sick as much as the first.

I'm convinced it makes a huge difference. In Ireland very few people breast feed and it's seen as normal that babies are always sick. Many of my friends breast feed (I'm half embarrassed being seen with a bottle;)) and sickness is surely an exception with their babies. I think you also tune in better to them if you feed yourself and don't take the so called health professionals too seriously

OMG, i can't believe i missed this:shock:, i've been soo out of it lately:?.

belated

:pink iris:CONGRATULATIONS Fran!!:pink iris:
i'm so glad your both doing well, i up dated the info in the first post, too:)

Brayden Patrick is a lovely name, and he's so, so handsome:inlove:

ETA: i changed the format of the table thingie in my first post, y'all lemme know what ya think:);)

Lady bug i am just seeing this now, i went back and it looks good. I also wanted to give this a bump so that the others can update us.

We are doing good, the baby is almost two months old and is doing great. At his last appointment he was 9 lb 13 oz, he was born at 8 lbs 11 oz. We go on the 28 for his monthly check up so i will update then what his weight is. We were all sick over christmas and he managed not to get anything, except a little bit of boogers, i was so worried that he would get sick, so i stalked him with the boogie sucker,lol.

Firstly ... congratulations on the baby news .. nothing nicer than new life !

I didn't breast feed my two at all and I have to say that they were as healthy as anything ... if you can't or don't want to, don't feel guilty - it's your baby ! I never even considered breast feeding and haven't the slightest guilt about going straight to the bottle.

Back