RIP SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH SOOTY

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to see him and cried, this is so hard. Didnt want the last time i see him to be the time we put him to sleep, and I would have never left him to stay there all day and night without seeing him. I dont know what to say now so i am heading to bed cause i have a migrane. THanks everyone

I am so sorry. I went through this with a couple of my bunnies. The first I decided to try surgery and he died as soon as they put him under :(

In the second case I had an ultrasound done and that confirmed that surgery was not a viable option -- there was a major blood supply going through the tumor. I opted for "hospice" care and that gave him another week (including Christmas) with his wife of eight years.

I agree with the person who said trust your gut. You are the only one who knows him and knows what he would want. Some bunnies want to try "heroic measures" ... others would be miserable going through that.

I have no more answers for you than anyone else here ... but I've had several buns with cancer over the years and if it would help in any way to talk to me, I would be happy to give you a call. If that appeals to you, PM me your # and when is a good time to call.

Kathy Smith

I just wanted to say I am sorry about you having to go through this listen to your heart.

Much love

I am so sorry. If there is anything I can do please let me know. If you need a shoulder to cry on I will be here. You have a lot of great people that will be here for you. I will be thinking of you.

I've been at the shelter and just got home to read that you saw him. I hope that you can get some rest.

Last year I had one of my bonded pair, Babette, go from Nov to June slowly declining froma chronic URI and finally a debilitating spinal problem that made her unable to stay on her feet. I felt like her mate , Beau, would nevermake it without her. I felt in a way that I had to keep her going because of him. I was depressed all those months because of it and I knew the end was coming . It did in June when she developed a pressure sore and I had her PTS. Beau survived with no problems other than his teeth.

The difference here is that there was no time to prepare for this because you didn't know that Sooty was even sick.
It is way harder to deal with sudden than slow and my heart really feels for you with this. What a shock .

Please know that you have been in my thoughts all day :pray:
"hugs"

Maureen

I will be going in an hour or so to have him put to sleep, he will not get better and i will not prolong his suffering anymore, and it is killing me that i have to make this decision.

He has a tumor in his stomach, and although he is passing stool and peeing the stool is really dark the vet said and she said that is because he is bleeding out from the tumor. I was given the option to bring him home and nurse him for a few days but that would just be torture for me and for him if he is in pain. I will be going to have my last visit with him and then he will be humanely euthed.

I appreciate everyones thoughts and help

I dont know when i will get back on, i have to deal with this and heal my heart because it has been s hattered in a million pieces

I think Sooty was , sadly , sent to me to dye, had he been with his previous owners still he would have died alone in a hutch. He lived the bunny life for a short year and half and he will not die alone. I never thought one person could produce sssssooooooooo many tears.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this Fran. It just doesn't seem fair. :(

I don't know what else to say except I'm thinking of you and Sooty...

I'm so sorry, Fran. You are in my thoughts and prayers today, and in the days to come. You've given that sweet guy so much in a short time, and you are giving him the ultimate gift today. You are releasing him from his suffering. :hug::pray:

Sooty is very lucky to have such a loving owner, someone who puts his needs above their own. This is the greatest gift any animal can have from their owner, the and final gift too. Yes, it's an absolute NIGHTMARE for you, but maybe in time, it will bring you comfort to know that you followed your gut and you did exactly the right thing for Sooty.

I have so much respect for you, and I truly hope that Sooty passes peacefully.

My PM box is open if you need anything.

x

I am so sorry Fran

I can only begin to understnd your pain ...

Please come back when you're able to ............

"Hugs" and more "hugs" :nerves1

Maureen

A person has to be very strong to handle something like this ; his life with you was short but he was loved and just like in the Velveteen rabbit the love made him real ..

I'm so sorry about Sooty, this is always such a hard thing to have to do. :pray:for you and to send him on his way over the Bridge. I'm sorry about my post about the gas meds, too, I somehow missed what was going on and then couldn't go back and edit.

:angelandbunny::in tears:

I'm so sorry. Will be thinking of you, Sooty, and Belle today. This is the right decision to make and Sooty will thank you for it. [[HUGE hugs]]

It is never easy. But you made the right choice. Sooty knows that. You made him happy in the last year and half of his life. I went though something similar with Simon. Imade peacewith my decision because Simon was happy for the short period of time he was with me. I honestly believe that.

Latest posts

Back