RIP little HOLLY rabbit losing weight - fast!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ivory, Bo B, Polly, and Ms Binky - Thank you all so much. I'll check back in next week and let you all know about the babies. It's so hard to tell if they are pregnant, but if she is, we expect the litter on the 28th. This weekend we'll be anxiously watching for signs of nest making! They can be sneaky, though, and throw one together at the last minute so you have no warning. It is bittersweet, but that's the circle of life, isn't it?

:angelandbunny:

I'm so sorry :(

...binky free little one.

:pray::rainbow:

A binky is when they do those little weird twitching/jumping movements, or just go crazy with jumping and bouncing off of things. Or when they do that weird criss-cross thing. You know, those expressions of bunny joy. It's a term of affection. :)

So I guess it means, be happy forever, little one.

(The word "binky" used to weird me out, I have no idea who came up with it, frankly. Maybe they were a little disturbed.)

Oh yeah! We love that little sideways kick-jump thing they do! The babies are especially cute when they start that. Sometimes they totally lose their balance and just fall over. So cute! I guess we did need a name for that... thanks for explaining.

Thumpers mom, is Thumper a black otter Netherland? We have several of those. It's a little hard to tell from the picture though, could be a silver martin? Anyway cute pose in mid-bath! Thanks everyone for your condolences - you're all so sweet.

I'm so sorry about Holly. Poor girl was so young.:(

Best of luck with the upcoming litter! Circle of life indeed, and baby buns are so good at bringing joy.

Yes, Thumpy is a black otter Netherland. This is one of my all time favorite pics of him.

I hope you are doing better. If you ever need to talk...feel free to email me.:hug:

Thanks, Thumpers Mom, we are doing better. It was just such a long, stressful road. Holly started to get sick 3 weeks ago. But now we are turning our thoughts to, hopefully, a nest full of babies on Monday, and that is always a thrill.

We have two otter bucks, one is Keekaboo, Holly's littermate, and very handsome. Then we have Keekaboo's baby Jaya, the spitting image of his daddy. I just think the otters are so pretty. Our first netherland was an otter doe, and we still have her too, Coconut.We laugh at her though, because she's such a big brood doe, with a ginormous dewlap! (She's had 3 litters, it happens to all of us - lol!)

Hello everyone! I wasn't sure where to put this so you could find it if you were interested, but here it is:

This morning we have brand new kits! Holly's parents, Kisses and Bean, are the proud (or in Bean's case, oblivious!) parents of 4 new baby bunnies!! :) They seem to be all black otters, but it's a little hard to tell - could be chestnuts. Either way, we are thrilled! I will have trouble telling them apart, but my daughter will know them from day one! It is always so much fun watching them grow - we are blessed with new joy!

"I will turn their mourning into joy, I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow." Jer 31:13

:bunny18

That is great! When you get a chance, can you post pics? That is quite a number of bunnies you have there. I love baby bunnies!!!

Glad to hear that you are doing better.

We'll probably get some pics in the next few days. The dark babies are hard to photograph, though. When they are all the same, it's hard to see them.

We love the babies too! All in all we have 16 rabbits now!! If these are really otters, then we have 7 black otters and one older blue otter.

OK - I have pics. Only problem is I don't know how to get them in here! :(

I'm a little technology challenged, so please be patient with me. Fortunately I do have a teenager in the house, so there's hope - LOL! If someone can give me a few pointers, I'll get them up asap. Thanks! They are reallycute babies!!

Weeeelll, one thing you could do, is start a new thread in the Rabbitry and Show Room. It's the same way you started this thread.

The pictures, do you have a digital camera?

All right, well what you can do is, go to a picture hoster like Photobucket.com or Imageshack.

With Photobucket you'll have to register, but I prefer it. After that, you press "upload photo" and pick the photos you want to upload out of whichever file they're saved in.

You wait a little while for them to upload, then you copy the "direct image" link that they will give you with the uploaded picture.

When you make your post, paste the link into the textbox. Then, type in front of it, and [/img/ in back of it. Don't put a space in between. Then press "send" to post your message, and the pictures will show up in the post!

It's fairly simple, actually.

Latest posts

Back