(RIP) Chippy has another lump

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found this thread... Jim I'm so sorry to hear that your Chippie has cancer... sounds like she's been thru a lot in her years... and she's so young too. I do however, love your positive attitude... enjoying the moments you have now... that's the best way to be!!! (((HUGS))) to you both!

Sandra

MagnoliaDee wrote:
I just found this thread... Jim I'm so sorry to hear that your Chippie has cancer... sounds like she's been thru a lot in her years... and she's so young too. I do however, love your positive attitude... enjoying the moments you have now... that's the best way to be!!! (((HUGS))) to you both!

Sandra

Thank you so much, Sandra.

I'm trying not to dwell on the inevitable.

:hug:

Update time....it's been a couple of weeks since my last one.

Chippy is doing okay.
Some of her days are better that others, but she hasn't really had a bad day.
She has days where she seems tired, she eats/drinks less, and doesn't have much interest in running around like a little maniac.
I make sure she gets runtime a least every other night ***that explains why the live broadcasts are every 2 days ;)***
I think she holding her weight.We didn't weigh her at her last vet visit, and I don't have a scale. But, just by feeling her I can kinda tell that she's not losing weight...or not much at least.
The lump returned a couple of weeks ago and seems to have stopped growing...or at least has slowed. She fusses with it every now and then, but it doesn't seem to bother her too much (except when she's trying to binky and it gets in the way).
She looks good...shiny eyes, soft/smooth coat, attentive, affectionate, and still does her little dances at meal & treat times.

I'm planning on letting her run tonight.
***yes...and broadcast, too***
I'll let her eat dinner and relax for a bit first.

Well, time to go feed the herd.

TTFN

Hardly touched our breakfast.
Only drank a little water.
Ate a bit of hay.
:(

I don't think she's having a very good day today.
She looked a little "rough" when I got home, and she didn't want to be bothered.
She nipped me when I tried to pet her. :(

I'm going down to change litter pans now (Chippy's is less full than usual)

I'll see if she wants some runtime.

Thanks, Grace.

I actually haven't done a webcast since Saturday, so you haven't missed too much.

Chippy is doing okay.
She has good days...and some days that are not that great.
She hasn't been too interested in eating her pellets, but has been scarffing up everything else.
I try not to get overly concerned aslong as she's eating/drinking/poopin/peeing AND dancing for treats :).

I'm planning on letting her have some runtime tonight and broadcast...probably around 8pm (EST).

Thanks, Crystal.

Chippy sends "thanks" to you and everybun for their good thoughts and prayers....

IMG_2172-1.jpg

hi there:

i'm sure you have already read about the positive treatment for an abcess regarding administration of Bicillin (Penicillin G with Benzathine). I stumbled upon it tonite on the rabbitsonline.net website and unix.oit.umass. Apparently, this long term treatment can eradicate masses in rabbits. The findings are supported by Marcy Moore.

Our bunny is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday morning. She was injured a week and a ahlf ago by our cat and has two masses that are quite painful; one is on her upper eyelid, the other is on her jaw (right side of face).

Sorry I am not including the links but I'm sure you can find the info. Maybe it will help you.

[align=center]:inlove:

Sending love to Jim and Chippy at this time and hope all your days are spent living life to the fullest,
Chippy is so lucky to have you Jim :)
[/align]

Jim I'm sorry to hear about Chippy's health problems. Your love and care for her shines through when you write about her.

Have not caught a live broadcast but I'll keep checking for the latest one.

Keep up the good fight, lovely Chippy rabbit :purplepansy::bunnyhug:

Jo xx

Hi greenleaf--we love that article about using Pen G for abscesses, but Chippy's lump is cancer-related. Thanks for reminding us though!

Best wishes to the Chipster!

Update time...

Chippy is doing okay.
She still has good and bad days...seems like there's a few more bad days recently, though.

The mass has grown and seems to be bothering her.
She's chewed at it and pulled some of the fur around it. It also gets in the way when she tries to groom....hence the cactus butt going on.

She's got days where she eats and drinks like crazy...and then poops and pees abundantly as result.
Then there's the days where I have to coax her along, and I start to wonder if she going to leave me soon.

She's out for some runtime right now.
I should really try to brush her, and check the lump....she's gonna be mad at me.

She on the "Bunny-cam"!!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bunny-room-cam

Does it make any sense to have it removed if it's bothering her due to size? I remember you being a bit worried about putting her under anesthesia, right?

Hey Jim, just saw this thread. Chippy is a gorgeous girl and I'm so sorry that she has cancer. I will try and check back often. Much love from the bunnies and I. Give her some noserubs.

Back