(RIP) Chippy has another lump

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
:(

It's been almost a year since her last battle.

I was so hoping that would be the end of her problems.
However, she has now got a lump on the right side of her chest.
I thought it might be scar tissue from all of her surgeries. But, after examining it tonight, it seems she may have developedanother cyst or abscess.

I'll be scheduling a vet visit.

Tonight she's been out for free-run and my daughter spent an hour or so with her... giving Chippy some much needed luvin-time.
Right now, Chippy is enjoying her open runtime and acting like absolutely nothing is wrong.

naturestee wrote:
Not again.:(

:hug: for you and Chippy.

Thanks, Angela.

Last time it was on the left side. And it feels different...not as deep-rooted and attached.
I'm not sure how Dr.C will treat itif it'san abscess. I know that antibiotics would be the best route... as opposed to surgery. However, Chippy has a strong history of GI issues and anti-b's always seem to detrimentally affect her gut flora.

On the other hand, she's getting on in her years and I'm not sure she's completely up to handling anesthesia/surgery again.

Oh dear. What an unlucky girl! How old is she now? There are usually no GI problems with the injected bicillin protocol, especially if a probiotic is used.

Chippy is almost 5 & a half years old.
Not all that old as far as bunnies are concerned, but she's been through an awful lot.
A couple of years ago she had about with a Clostridium bacteria that left her GI tract severely compromised. EvenI.V. administrationof pain meds and/or anti-b'sseem to upset her system and put her into stasis. However, I'd rather treat her for stasis than lose her to an abscess.

Oh I see. Well, keep us updated and give her a noserub for me!

Oh Jim....now I'm going to have to call Ali every day to find out how Chippy is doing since I'll not be around.

Please know that prayers will be going upward and good thoughts sent your way....

Oh Jim i'm sorry to hear this

*hugs* and *vibes* :hug:

TinysMom wrote:
Oh Jim....now I'm going to have to call Ali every day to find out how Chippy is doing since I'll not be around.

Please know that prayers will be going upward and good thoughts sent your way....

I know you're probably not going to see this right away, but I wanted you to know that I consider your prayers to be one of the bestest medicines Chippy could receive.
:hug:

JadeIcing wrote:
*hugs* and *vibes* :hug:

:hugsquish:right back at ya !!!!!!...and thank you so very much!!!!

Let Peg know that Chippy is doing fine and acting as if there's nothing wrong. She had a few hours of free-run last night and a bunch of luvin' from my daughter. Lots of noserubs were administered...and a few frootloops, too... :biggrin2:
I think it was good for BOTH of them :D

I'll call the vet on Monday to set up an appointment.

P.S.
Give my poofy boy Wyatt a kiss :bunnieskiss , and a hug:bunnyhug:!!

The Chippy cam ... live broadcasting

*** will update when broadcasting again ***

I wish I had as much room as you do Jim (just saw the livestream) ;)

AsI remember the vet drained the fluid off of the lumps a few times ..am I right ?..and then did surgery later when they kept returning?

I don't think her age is too old for surgery if the vet is experiencvced. but it is a shame that it's reoccuring

Maureen

angieluv wrote:
I wish I had as much room as you do Jim (just saw the livestream) ;)

AsI remember the vet drained the fluid off of the lumps a few times ..am I right ?..and then did surgery later when they kept returning?

I don't think her age is too old for surgery if the vet is experiencvced. but it is a shame that it's reoccuring

Maureen

Thanks, Maureen.

I was having some problems with the cam so I had to log the stream off for now.

The buns have the finished basement for their home with 4' x 5' pens each.
It still leaves me enough room to walk between cages and have a free run area, too.

Yes, you're correct.
Dr. C aspirated the last one several times and did two surgical procedures before he finally resolved it.
He does laser surgery, so it's a lot less stressful. Quick and easy...and healing time is much shorter.
If he suggests surgery over anti-b's, I'll go with his decision.

This time it feels different. It's on the other side of her chest. I thought it might just be scar tissue when I first found it, but now it's about the size of a walnut and feels most likely to be an abscess.

If it's well encapsulated, surgical removal may be the best option.

Chippy is doing okay.

I wanted to spend some time with her today and set up the cam, but I got side-tracked repairing the drain for the bathroom sink.....I hate DIY home repair stuff :grumpy:

I'll update later when I get a chance to check her.

I told her!

JimD wrote:
Let Peg know that Chippy is doing fine and acting as if there's nothing wrong. She had a few hours of free-run last night and a bunch of luvin' from my daughter. Lots of noserubs were administered... and a few frootloops, too... :biggrin2:
I think it was good for BOTH of them :D

I'll call the vet on Monday to set up an appointment.

P.S.
Give my poofy boy Wyatt a kiss  :bunnieskiss , and a hug:bunnyhug:!!

Latest posts

Back