RIP Beloved Tiny aka "The BunFather"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mailed it to Art....and his response?

I don't know how you did that, but this message made my alergies act up
so bad I had to go to the Bathroom to clear my runny nose, wipe my watery eyes and get some composure before going back to my desk.

Art asked me today if I wanted us to go for a drive and get another flemish - he didn't know if it would help.

What do I say? I always said I can't picture myself living without a flemish - but I don't know now if I can picture myself living with ANOTHER flemish?

With that said....I am seriously considering taking him up on his offer.....I don't know if it would lessen the pain. I know some will say, "You have so many lionheads..." and that is true....but you'd have to be owned by a flemmie to understand why the loss is such that you almost want another flemmie right away...

Peg

I keep coming back to this, I think it's really lovely. It's so lovely to think of them all so happy up there. And free from their pain.

Peg, with regards to Art's comment, go with your heart. It won't replace Tiny, and that is not the reason to get another, the reason to get another would be to have a friend to help you through this time. Basically, what I said you earlier.

If you don't want to take him up on the offer now, then I am sure the offer will still remain open for the future. You will always have the option for another Big guy, or girl, even if you don't feel now is the right time.

Wow...that was absolutely wonderful to read, Peg...I bet they're all having so much fun, too...and Buck...*sigh*

That was so beautifully written...I just love what you write, Peg...

And, like Flashy said, you'll know when the time is right. And she's right, he wouldn't be a replacement for Tiny...but he would be another one of his brothers. :)

How neat, to grow up hearing about your big brother...:)

TinysMom wrote:
With that said....I am seriously considering taking him up on his offer.....I don't know if it would lessen the pain. I know some will say, "You have so many lionheads..." and that is true....but you'd have to be owned by a flemmie to understand why the loss is such that you almost want another flemmie right away...

Peg

I know what you mean. I would love to have one soon but it is not in my cards. I will have one eventually.

Peg,

That was a beautiful story. You should write for a living!

We lost both of our dogs last year that we had for 14 years. I was heartbroken

and didn't want another dog. My wife got one anyway and I fell in love immediately.

She didn't replace the other dogs but she helped fill the void that they left. I think

a new flemish would do the same for you.

Roger

TinysMom wrote:
Art asked me today if I wanted us to go for a drive and get another flemish - he didn't know if it would help.
Peg, you have more love in you than anyone I know. I wantso much to see this happen. I know that whenI first got Pipp and realized what I would face if I ever lost her, I had to find a buffer.I started fostering more bunnies because I knew I'd need the support,the consolation and the distraction.

Even though Tiny wasn't my rabbit, he was THE forum rabbit, so I'm feeling a little like it's my loss, too. And personally, I would really want to immerse myself in more Flemish storiesfrom a new little big guy (or girl)comingthrough thatbig bunny door opened by Tiny.

And thanks so much for yourwritings, this is such a happy/sadthread. :cry4:

sas
flowers.gif

I just wanted to pop in again and say, that last chapter was so beautiful, and sad at the same time. I cried and cried reading it

I know you must feel hesitant about getting a new Flemish right now,and it would never bea replacement of Tiny, and a new friend might be good to help you through this difficult time... But only you know whether its the right thing to do.

I'll be thinking of you whilst you take a break, and hoping for your return soon... :hug1xx

Oh Peg that was so Beautiful. I just cannot imagine what you are going through right now.

My thoughts are with you Art, Tiny's sister and all his four legged furry friends.

Hugs to all of you.:hug:

Susan:hug1

Several people have expressed an interest in this video - it is less than a minute long.

I took it approx. 1 hour after Tiny passed away and was in the process of videotaping Miss Bea when I realized that I could barely stand to watch her grieve then - let alone watch her grieve later on. I also felt like I was "intruding" on her grief. I wanted to document her love for Tiny...but I just felt wrong taping more than this little bit.

This however is what she did off and on for about 4 hours after he died...along with taking the food over near him and nudging him and then eating it herself...

I am so amazed at their love for each other - I even found a picture of the two of them I'd taken with my cell phone a few days earlier.

[line]
Thank you Ali for the picture - I appreciate it very much. I'm sorry I can't say more - I guess I'm all talked out...

[line]
If I said this before (and I probably did) then I apologize for repeating it here. But I wanted y'all to understand one of the many reasons this is so hard.

I work in my office a minimum of 5 hours per day Tuesday through Saturday - being a computer-holic I am - I am probably in here 12 hours per day..

When I would come in my office in the mornings - Tiny would either be by the door waiting for me - or under my desk. Once I was seated - I would get kisses on my feet and legs. Sometimes it was one or two kisses - sometimes it could be 5 minutes or more of kisses. At times, Miss Bea would thump at him to come pay attention to her.

Many many times during the day - I would get more kisses. Tiny might move away from me - but not more than 2-3 feet...and then he would frequently come over to see me and give me MORE kisses.

In addition to kisses, I got nudges and sometimes slight nips for nose rubs, treats and petting his forehead and cheeks. These came at least once an hour unless he was in a deep nap - in which case he'd wake up - go to the bathroom- and then try for attention.

If I was on the phone with a difficult customer - he'd come over and give me kisses. If I was laughing at the forum - he'd come over and give me kisses.

After I moved into HIS bedroom - he started showing me the love I think he had pent up for me - but he didn't like being in the living room as much.

Because of that - it is almost impossible for me to walk in this room - sit in this chair - or come near the computer without feeling the loss. Since Miss Bea seems to want to live back in the living room - I do not have her for comfort either.

I don't know why I'm sharing all that - maybe just to help folks understand why I might overreact sometimes....

[line]
As far as getting another flemish - I recognize that I can't go through life without one. I think folks who have a flemish or have had a flemish can understand that (I'm sure other breeds are the same way...please don't take me wrong).

I think getting another flemish would help me to heal - my familiy to heal - and possibly...even help this forum to heal from the loss of Tiny. I told several people today that if I could - I would climb right down that hole and just be beside him...the ache is just so great (please - do NOT take that to mean I'm suicidal).

In many ways - Tiny healed parts of my heart that needed healing - then he broke my heart by leaving too soon. However, there is still part of my heart left - and I believe he left it so I could love another.

Have I contacted breeders already? Yes. Have I made a decision? No. I don't know what to do...what to think...

I know that right now my marriage is suffering because of my grief. Art wants to "fix things" but he can't fix this....and that hurts him. We've been married almost 29 years now - and when I hurt - he hurts too. I think if he had his way - we'd be out the door this minute to get another flemmie - so he could hear me laugh again and love again.

It isn't that I don't love my lionheads....and it isn't that lionheads aren't special. Its just that...well...there's something about flemmies that we love them.

Right now I'm praying that God will show me the right answer for this. There will be another flemmie in my life....I'm pretty sure of that. And I already know that he will never ever take Tiny's place...or Tiny's love...but he'll benefit from the lessons Tiny taught me.

Thanks for caring so much folks.

Peg

I have to confess that I couldn't watch the video just yet...I'm trying to do my crying at night. I haven't yet told Em about Tiny...again, like I told you a little bit ago, I'm trying to let her get through her grieving for Bun Bun before I tell her. She loves Tiny very much, too...so I know it'll hurt.

One thing I forgot to mention...you'd mentioned to me about changing things around in your office...you might also consider getting a scented candle to burn, or something of the sort, so it even smells different...if that makes sense. I'm just thinking of the senses...changing sight isn't the only thing that would help, I think. Just a thought...

My love to you...and my full support in whatever you decide.:hug:

I know I haven't been around here long, and you might not know me...but I read all of Tiny's blogs & posts and my stomach fell to my feet when I read this title.

As all of the other posts said, Tiny was the forum bunny. How one bunny can reach so many people, all over the world, who have never met him...well, that is an attestment to what a wonderful boy he was.

I am so very sad right now. My heart goes out to you and please know you're in my thoughts & prayers. *hugs*

I'm sitting here with tears runnning down my face. The "First Day in Heaven" really touched me. I'm really active on a chinchilla forum, and while reading this, I kept thinking of all of the chinchillas on that board that I'd grown so fond of that passed on recently.

I know Tiny is looking down on you, and I'm sure that his first day was exactly like that.

***HUGS***

I'm adding two poems to this thread because of what they mean to me.

I honestly don't think Tiny wanted to leave me. I've talked to some folks about the last few hours of his life - and even the last few days - and I'm convinced that he hid his illness to keep from causing me pain - and I'm convinced that he tried to wait and pass away after I left the room to keep me from seeing him like that. I can't explain it all here.
[line]
So from Tiny's perspective I share....a poem that meant so much to me when it was on GingerSpice's thread..

:bunny5If Tomorrow Starts Without Me:bunny5
From [url]http://angel-on-my-shoulder.com/tomorrow.html[/url]
Author Believed to be David Romano

If tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see,

If the sun should rise
and find your eyes all filled with tears for me;

I wish so much you wouldn't cry
the way you did today,
While thinking of the many things,
we didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you! ,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too;

But when tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand,
And said my place was ready,
In heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind;
All those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away,
A tear fell from my eye
For all my life,
I'd always thought,

I didn't want to die.
I had so much to live for,
So much left yet to do,
It seemed almost impossible,

That I was leaving you.
I thought of all the yesterdays,
The good ones and the bad,
I thought of all the love we shared,

And all the fun we had.
If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for a while,
I'd say good-bye and kiss you,

And maybe see you smile.
But then I fully realized,
That this could never be,
For emptiness and memories,

Would take the place of me.
And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did,

My heart was filled with sorrow.
But when I walked through heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me,
From His great golden throne,

He said, "This is eternity,
And all I've promised you."
Today your life on earth is past,
But here life starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last,
And since each day's the same way,
There's no longing for the past.

You have been so faithful,
So trusting and so true.
Though there were times you did some things,
You knew you shouldn't do.

But you have been forgiven,
and now at last you're free.
So won't you come and take my hand,
and share my life with me?

So when tomorrow starts without me,
don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart

[line]
Here are my feelings about Tiny...

[align=center]:heartbeat:I Only Wanted You:heartbeat:
From [url]http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/onlyyou.htm[/url]
Author Unknown[/align]

[align=center]They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.
[/align]

Peg, those are beautiful and sad, and here's me :bigtears:. (I tried reading that first one to my son, I couldn't do it without getting choked up...)

Thanks for sharing for Dear Tiny...and many others you've lost and so have we.

Oh man...Peg, let me just give you a giant hug right now, cuz you need one or two, or three.:hug:

Tiny, we'll miss you sweetie, binky free love with your friends:rainbow:

Oh Peg, 'Tiny's First Day in Heaven' was so beautiful. It is just what I want it to be!

I was so moved by the video. How is Miss Bea doing now?

I still can't really believe that Tiny has gone. Look at how many lives he touched - man, that takes a special bunny!

Thinking of you all

Jan

Latest posts

Back