Riley and Pancake

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your pancake looks just like my Fred! Just felt like pointing that out...

Do you work with the Humane Society in Lansing? I am going up to Michigan State this year and I normally foster for a rescue, but will be unable to as I will not be living at home. I will need a bunny fix every now and then and I was just wondering what it was like voulenteering there.

Wow! I've never seen a rabbit who looked so much like Pancake. The humane society said Pancake is a mini lop. Is that what Fred is?

Volunteering at the humane society in Lansing is a mixed bag. On the one hand, once you've gone through the orientation, you can just walk in any time they're open and hang out with the rabbits and other animals. The downside is that the rabbits are generally kept in the same big room as the dogs, so it can get pretty loud. If you're up to it you can generally take the rabbits out of their cages and into one of the little rooms people use to meet animals and let them hop around. If their big room is free you might be able to let them out in there too, though I haven't tried that yet.

Another thing about cahs-lansing is that they don't get many rabbits. I think the most I've seen there at a time was 4 or 5. Sometimes they even have no rabbits, which is good for rabbits but bad if all you've driven there for is a rabbit fix. :)

At their website you can see what rabbits they have and when the orientations are scheduled.

http://www.cahs-lansing.org/

It looks like they got in a new rabbit recently. Poor Spooky has been there too long. I feel so bad for him. :cry1:

Yes, Fred is a mini lop.

Thanks for the tips on cahs. I am a rabbit person mainly, but I wouldn't mind helping the other animals.

Poor Spooky, I know how it is. I have a bunny here that has not been adopted for a few months, and she is just a sweetheart.

Pics from August 30, 2009!

That day, they went outside for the first time since their ringworm treatment. Riley is so active it's hard to take a good picture of him.

Pancake

3881144711_68f2284e9d_o.jpg

Riley
3881144833_15717635fc_o.jpg

They didn't try to eat it, but I found out that tomato plant you see in the pic above is poisonous so it's gone.

But in newer news, I noticed that someone peed in their 2nd litter box last night on a spot that didn't have litter (because Pancake kicks it all over). Guess who it was? Riley has a history of naughty peeing, which is why they have a 2nd litter box, but I flipped them over and it was Pancake! She has a pee pee butt. She's so hard to flip over but I think I'm gonna give her a butt rinse later. I'll see if I can get a pic of her while I have her upside-down. If only rabbits liked being held... they're so cute upside down!

Tomatoes themselves aren't poisonous, but the green parts are toxic. Tony ate some once--he loved it, but I was sick with worry! He was fine, of course.

Wow I learn something new everyday!!! Now I have a gud reason for the hubby to get rid of those tomato plants...YES, cuz they look ugly in my flowerbeds lol

Jeff that was so cute...I love the fact they come in the house when u call, I'm too scared to let the bun free roam outside with no pen.

Oh gosh, I've never seen a bunnie binky like that! Thank goodness I'm seeing it here first, if my rabbit did that I'd think something was wrong with her! I also think it is adorable that they come in when you call. She scampered in so quick!

Oh man, I wish they came when I called! Actually what happened is I went inside and made a noise with their pellet food dishes. That's their favorite sound. :)

Flickr's restrictions on uploading videos is annoying, so I made a youtube account. Here's the same one I posted above:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvhL1JnMD4[/ame]

I finally got a video of Riley doing a binky! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFUdoaupbxA[/ame]

Latest posts

Back