Results-Cataract

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is he stiff when he hops outside the cage/pen? Could he be having trouble jumping into the box? He's likely to be able to find it in spite of his vision issues, but he may have too much discomfort from something like arthritis or mild paralysis.

Has Randy responded to this thread? I suspect he's suggest a blood panel for a kidney test and a urine check, and maybe try Ponazuril/Marquis for EC.

Is he on Metacam? The strong urine smell is an issue, it could be an EC by-product or it could be that he's dehydrated, so if Metacam or another NSAID is considered, you're going to have to make sure he drinking a lot.

What's the skin thing again? If its something he appears to be doing to himself, it may well be stress related.

Poor little guy. And poor Crystal!

sas :clover:

Can you find a litterbox that has one side lower to the ground, so he doesn't really have to jump? I got a litterbox that's meant for dogs and one of its sides is pretty low, but it still holds stuff fine.

Poor guy. I too would be concerned about EC, especially since some urinary symptoms are showing up.

tonyshuman wrote:
Can you find a litterbox that has one side lower to the ground, so he doesn't really have to jump? I got a litterbox that's meant for dogs and one of its sides is pretty low, but it still holds stuff fine.

Poor guy. I too would be concerned about EC, especially since some urinary symptoms are showing up.

Not what I wanted to hear, umpph, Thanks guys though, for the info, I really appreicate your input.:)

Ok, I started smelling the stronger urine, and thought of what Randy said about EC, then, his litter habits are failing. Now, another Cat, ugh, old age? Combo? Might check into what sas said...:( Thanks Sas! I appreciate that advice so much.

Oh, and his entrance to his litter box is low, just fyi. All around is higher.

He's still doing good. He stays in his hidy house a lot.:( Pooping all over.:( Eating and drinking normally:D.

Cheryl, did u notice any strange behaviors in Cassidy when she got them? He seems different sometimes, like staying in the hidy house all day. Strange for him.

Hope all is well with you!:D

Crystal..if Snuff is having urine issues you can always get a urinalysis done as well..i know my Pippi's (who had EC)wee used to have such a strongsmell and his urine was so concentrated.

Thinking of you guys.

I will Cheryl!

Now I have another question...

Do Cats in Buns get smaller in the natural daylight b/c of dilation?:coolness::p:halo

Anyone know? When we take him outside, the cats get small like the pupil.:(

Latest posts

Back