Resolved: URGENT! Gloucester County, NJ Animal Shelter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We now have options available to cover all of these buns.

Now it's just a question of timing and transport.

We really need to make this work!!

:party0002:

I got the # to person at the shelter and will be picking Fluffy up as soon as I make a date with her and give her the app tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes through.

ImSoRexyItHurts wrote:
I got the # to person at the shelter and will be picking Fluffy up as soon as I make a date with her and give her the app tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes through.

:hugsquish:!!!! You dah bestest!!!

I love it when things come together!!

And don't forget about the offer of $100 by waltntina for spay/neuter.

It looks like Fluffy is getting a place with , gotta love the name, Imsorexyithurts. Also Celestial Wind has offered the other 2a place to stay until adoption. She is a foster and would need a rescue to list the buns for her, but she has space. I would like to keep our options open, as until an animal walks out the door of a shelter, many things can happen. At least we know that they will see their first Easter! Any more info or offers, or if you want to help out Jody C at http://www.kindheartrescue.com with her hoarder, and 12 babies.I will update you in the AM. after I talk to the shelter. Kim(shelter director/manager)has given me several extensions, and this has allowed the bunnies to make it so far. Thanks Kim. I do not like to string her along with false adoption promises to keep bunnies alive. She knows my word that I can help is my bond. She also knows I will be honest if I can not do any thing. With the bunnies at Kind Heart, I knew the options were nil. Until I joined this list! I want to thank this list and its members. I belong to several news groups, and this is a group that finds solutions. I also like the ability to post emergency adoptionsat any time of the month. What an active caring group!:biggrin2:

Walt n Tina Squirty, Lili, Cinder n Cheeks...

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy!

....and my face hurts from smiling!!!:biggrin2:

OK If need be it I m going to be fostering the two. But if someone else wants to foster and needs me to transport them from Clayton (Animal Shelter) to Voorhees or where ever I am willing to do it..... Lets just keep it in the NJ area for me ;)

waltntinawill be calling me via Cell phone sometime today (Tuesday) to let me know what is going on.

Celestial Wind wrote:
OK If need be it I m going to be fostering the two. But if someone else wants to foster and needs me to transport them from Clayton (Animal Shelter) to Voorhees or where ever I am willing to do it..... Lets just keep it in the NJ area for me ;)

waltntinawill be calling me via Cell phone sometime today (Tuesday) to let me know what is going on.
:hugsquish:! You dah bestest, too!!!

Everyone here was the best! ALL!

Walt emailed me this message:

Dear Kris,
Here is the info on the shelter contact. She will hold the buns till we can pick them up. I would say Saturday. If worse comes to worse, I'll pick up and deliver.
Linda Pereira.856-881-2828
Pereira, Linda
E-mail Address( [email protected]

There seems to be some confusion. I saw this posted on Kris's House Rabbit Discussion yahoo group.

Linda,
The shelter emailed me back and said that the rabbits had already been taken by another rescue. Are they just not knowing what's going on? Am I still taking the two bunnies into my NJ rescue until they can be moved to foster?

Kris

Maybe they're thinking Celestial Wind is the rescue....rather than the foster.

I thought they were being released to a rescue, and Celestial Wind would be picking them up and fostering them for the rescue?!?!

:?

Sorry for the confusion. Fluffy is going to Imsorexyithurts(Meg). Celestial was going to fosterthe other 2,but Kris(Little Miracles) has prospects and is a better solution. I am going to get them Saturday and deliver to Kris in Vorhees. If any one wants to do this duty for me, let me know. Also Meg and Kris, remember I will donate $100/bun for spay or neuter at the vet of your choice. Contact me, you have my private stuff,and Kris I will be in touch to iron out the details,Thank you group!

Walt n Tina, Squirty, Lili, Cinder and Cheeks...

I asked Kris to come and join the group. I thought it might help lessen the confusion. Looks like Walt has already sorted it. Minor miscommunication. It happens. At least the rabbits will be pulled and go into foster care. Another victory for the bunnies.

Keep in mind that the offers are for time-limited fostering, so these bunnies still need to find a home.

It may be that they get shuffled around a bit, utilizing all the offers so no one person or entity ends up with them longer than their commitment while we continue to push for adopters.

Can somebody make sure the appropriate photos and info is saved so we canpost it without relying on the soon-to-be-toast Petfinder link?

I would be good to know how accessible the people making the offers are, just to make sure we know where they are and where they can be!

ADD: Also, remember we have a Frappr map for rescues, it would be great if the people in this thread were to allsign up!

http://www.frappr.com/rabbitsonline

Good job all!

sas :)

Okay, folks. I'm here.

In case anyone's not on the House Rabbit Discussion list (which I run) - I offered to house the buns at Little Miracles in Jersey. We only have 8 bunnies there, plus our two perminant fosters, so w/ a life/death situation like this, we'd be happy to help out. We can also have them fixed through our vet prior to adoption or someone who wants to take them to foster, b/c I know a lot of fosters don't have the "hook up" for discounted vet prices that we do.

Let me know!

<3 Kris

www.myspace.com/littlemiraclesrr

Latest posts

Back