Resolved: URGENT! Gloucester County, NJ Animal Shelter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to place Sugar in www.kindheartrescue.com a great no kill shelter. Thanks Jody!! The other 3 are very social and all are under six months The 2 Angora mixes are beautiful( Angoras need a daily brush or a short haircut) with a few mats. The Rex mix is sweet and soft and loving as could be. Why you would dump such young, great animals is beyond me. All of the bunnies wanted to be petted and rubbed,and none shyed away from me. A rarity in shelter bunnies.I will comp $100 of the neuter or spay of these bunnies at Cream Ridge Veton rt 537.Gloucester is a nice shelter.Thank you Kim and Linda! They do the best they can but are always pressed to the limit. The bunnies are going to be put down by next Wednesday(1/23) :(My email is [email protected]

waltntina wrote:
The bunnies are going to be put down by next Wednesday(1/23) :(

:shock:

NJ167.10033758-1-pn.jpg
NJ167.10033788-1-pn.jpg
NJ167.10034852-1-pn.jpg

It is a possibility that a rescue might take the two rabbits listed as Angoras. I think one looks like a Jersey Woolie, the other may be a Lionhead or a mix. Not sure. Stay tuned.

Hope they'll have space !!!

The world needs more responsible animal-friendly helpers. Sending Vibes these guys will get a chance, :bunnyheart

:group:

Any updates on this?

I also wanted to know which date is right....the title says 1/21....and waltntina posted it as 1/23.

How big are they?
Are any bonded?
Are any spayed/neutered?

There must be some way we can get them out of there.

:expressionless

I was told 1/21 but I would go with Walt said since he went to the shelter. All the rabbits are around 5-6 months old and are medium size.

I contacted Little Miracles and Kris said she would see if they could take them. All the other rescues including the one I volunteer for are full.

The buns are ok till Wednesday. I posted 1/21 because the shelter takes a day to review private applications. I hope the shelter can take them. The rescue I work with just took in 30 assorted bunnies from a hoarder on Friday. My offer of $100/bunny for spay or neuter at Cream Ridge still stands. They will not last past Wenesday.

Walt, Tina, Squirty, Lili, Cinder, n, Cheeks

Oh god I will be praying. I have a full house. God I wish I could do more.

What kind of costs would be involved to get them out?

Would they have to be adopted or could they be placed in a temporary foster home?
Possiblyone of the rescues could take possession if they knew that there would be a place for them to go?

I've put out a few PMs to members in the area and I'm waiting to here back from them.

I'm in northern NJ...about 2 & 1/2 hours away.

I might be able to do a very temporary foster if it comes down to being the last chance for them.
I don't know if I could get down there by Wednesday, though.

~Jim

There are no fee's I believe. I am sponsoring $100/bun for spay and or neuter. A foster would be the next best thing, but I do not have the ability nor do the rescues I use. They will holdthem for several days if, and a big if, they have filled out adoption or shelter papers faxed to them. I have extended the deadline for the buns twice, while I got one adopted. I hoped a client went in this weekend to get Sugar, but I have not recieved email confirmation. Wednesday is going to be my final morning to work on the getting them out, they are on the Euthanasia list for the afternoon. I am talking to Kim(shelter director, and great lady) today, but with no hope of adoption and the length of time the buns have been in, she has no choice.

waltntina wrote:
I have extended the deadline for the buns twice, while I got one adopted. I hoped a client went in this weekend to get Sugar, but I have not recieved email confirmation.

I don't see her on their listing anymore ***crosses fingers***

I looked for an adoption application on their website (just in case),but couldn't find one.

According to their hours, their open on Saturday, but not for adoptions.
If "someone" were to get everything cleared, would they hold them and release them on Saturday?

Also they say:..."If the animal chosen is not already altered, we will deliver it for surgery, the owner can pick up their new pet from the veterinarian."

Does this mean that the buns wouldHAVE to go to the vet?

Money and transportation are a bit of a problem at the moment.....followed bya timely re-homing.
I've got some space and most of the stuff I'd need, but I'm afraid the workload of 3 more in addition to my 8 would be too much after a short time.

~Jim

I do no think they need vet visit as a condition of release. I have picked up 4 from this shelter. These buns are young, and I believe all female, but if there is a male among them, they are at breeding age. You would have to keep them apart, or take my offer of spay/neuter or be rapidly overrun. I think the rex was adopted, and the two left are the Angora/Woolie/Lionheads? . I am hoping for a rescue or forever home ideally. Easter is early, and if you can only hold them for a month or so, it puts them in the rush of Easter mistakes. Of course, they wil live! So ideal may be far from reality at this point! They are easy going about bun adoptions as far as timing. Better to adjust a time frame,than lose an animal. As I said, they are great at this shelter.

I thought KindHeart took Sugar?

I know Jody has her hands full, but I think she'd be able to do the paperwork to get them out of there as long as we can raise the funds for thefeesand find some fosters,correct?

This ties in with the other NJ rescue, the bunnies in the shed (RESCUE: Cream Ridge, NJ 08514 BUNNYS!!!) although these ones for SURE will die if not taken out of the shelter, at least the other ones can be dealt with in the shed for a few more days?

We need to start PMing all our members inNJ, PA, etc, we can raise some funds, try and get some supplies donated, andput the call out for fosters and transporters.

Volunteers to help with this would be awesome.

sas :anyone:

OOps Kindheart took Sugar. Sugar and Ginger were very similar, except Sugar was a bit smaller. I think the papers were mixed. Same age, source, and only a 1lb difference. Sorry for the confusion.Jody just picked up 12 babies, 4 juvenile parents, from one source and is involved with a hoarder. This person has 30 buns in an outside shed, fighting, breeding, ect. I am sponsoring some of that, but she is full up with buns. I leave town for a 7 week trip with my 4, and can not take any more till the Easter rush.

Latest posts

Back