Resolved: URGENT! Gloucester County, NJ Animal Shelter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in Pa but cant keep a bun here as I have a full house. But make a list of everything else that you are looking for , money, what supplies, transportation or what and if i can help in another way i will try.

Please, please, dear "angel guardian", give these euth-buns a chance!!

If there was a way to encourage members to donate $10, that could go a long ways to helping those most in need (especially for spay/neuter funds, et al.)

Raising funds for fees?
I'm in on a donation from Wisconsin.
Please keep me in mind if there's something I can do for RO members who step up to help out.

Scrambling for innocent lives and to save a *few* "life" time,

Julie/SRR

Can I volunteer from WI? Day to work on PM'ing would be Tuesday, sas. Though so far away, I don't know of members in the area and i lurk primarily on Rescue Thread vs. reading all the other RO sections. Jingle my inbox if I can collaborate with another volunteer for doing the Save A Life Rescue Outreach as time narrows down.

hope, hope, and more hope!!

Pipp wrote:
We need to start PMing all our members inNJ, PA, etc, we can raise some funds, try and get some supplies donated, andput the call out for fosters and transporters.

Volunteers to help with this would be awesome.

sas :anyone:

I pm'd Celestial Wind, bunnylady, and pumpkinandwhiskersmom.

Doing what I can.....and cleaning up the "safe house annex" just in case.

I have a question. That fuzzy one look slike a woolie like someone mentioned.. , Is their fur kinda different from regular bunny fur? When i had the lion heads here I wasn't all that bad with them.
My aunt is not coming here, we are getting her into a different facility (TG!) So I have a room that I could use to foster. I already told Jody I would take up to 2 rex, but I'd consider taking that fluffy one if at least just to foster.
How do I do this? I'm still confused if there is an adoption fee or not, if there is some rescue pulling them or not, and I just saw an add for them on Craigslist as well.

I will be home until 1 pm tomorrow and then after 6:30
and all day Wednesday. If it will save him I will take him/her.

Peter or Fluffy?

Peter (on left) looks like a woolie mix.
Fluffy (middle) looks like and angora mix.

Both have longer fur and need a bit more grooming than a shorter haired bunny.

The middle one "Fluffy" but I guess i'm not really concerned with what he is as much as I am how to get him out or here? Is anyone working with the shelter? Do I need to go to the shelter? Are there adoption fees? I'm hoping I can go get him tomorrow before wednesday and before 12 pm.
From the CL ad it looks like someone is going to take them out of there regardless but I have no clue who or whats going on.

I know Charlotte was going to take two of the shed bunnies in NJ.

Jim, are you in touch with her? Maybe she could be persuaded to grab two of these instead since its more urgent? We could raise money for the neuters Im sure.

Hi guys long time no see, I can take the bunns on till we can find them permanent homes I have room in my rabbitry for them. I don't know what has to be done to save these guys so if someone could point me in the right direction i would be more then happy to tke them in till they find a home.

Celestial Wind wrote:
Hi guys long time no see, I can take the bunns on till we can find them permanent homes I have room in my rabbitry for them. I don't know what has to be done to save these guys so if someone could point me in the right direction i would be more then happy to tke them in till they find a home.

WOOHOO !!!

I think the initial move is to contact waltntina

You should check with Little Miracles to see if you can foster through them or perhaps through Kind Heart. I was seriously considering taking one of the rabbits myself but I pulled Abner a lop from PAWS yesterday. My house is full. It is more than full.

Well since no one could answer me except telling me they need to be brushed more often... I called the shelter but of course got a recording.
Now I see someone else will take them and got answered so I guess I'll just step back...

ImSoRexyItHurts wrote:
Well since no one could answer me except telling me they need to be brushed more often... I called the shelter but of course got a recording.
Now I see someone else will take them and got answered so I guess I'll just step back...

Rexy (and Celestial Wind), if you read the other NJ thread, we're actually looking at 30 or more bunnies here, believe me, plenty to go around. :(

Right now there really isn't a rescue in charge for the Gloucester bunnies, we're trying to work that out first so we can channel our efforts though one source. But that's up to the rescues. Everybody is really busy with all these bunnies, so please be patient and stand by!

CW may be better suited to help with the shed bunnies, let's wait and see.

Thanks so much for offering! :big kiss:

sas

I am already taking in 2 Shed bunnies for Jody come Saturday. I was offering to take at least one of these buns before they were killed. I just don't understand if anyone is getting them out of there indefinetely or if anyone knows who wrote the craigslist ad. Whoever wrote it stated they were taking them out regardless so perhaps we shouldn't be as worried.

ImSoRexyItHurts wrote:

I tried to answer, but kept losing my posts.....Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.

My daughter ran the CL ad...as well as a dozen other.

We have intentions of taking the buns if no other offers are made.

No need to step back though......lots of buns to go around.
If you want Fluffy, we'll do everything we can to see that you get her!

Fluffy probably needs more grooming than a shorter haired bun.....a few times a week at least.

I'd be more then happy to take in Fluffy. I had to brush and cut out matts on the lion heads that got dumped so I'm very aware of the long hair thing. Was just curious if the fur was of the same consistency as lion heads or more like regular fur only longer. I will PM you.

Per Kris from Little Miracle on her board House Rabbit Discussion:

If someones willing to foster, ill list them thru the rescue and we can
emergency house them if someone can transport?? Anyone wanna bail out
three buns and take them to Voorhees??

Latest posts

Back