RESOLVED :) Male Spotted Rabbit (Greater Vancouver BC)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnybunnymummy

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
I've never had a rabbit before. But at the end of August, I"rescued" a rabbit from a neighbour, who'd been keeping him ina wire-bottomedcage inthe garage 24/7 because his 5 year old daughter had"lost interest"in the rabbit and he no longer wanted it. He was ready todrop itat the local shelter because, though he was advertizing it, no one would come take it and they were leaving for a week-long vacation.

My husband agreed to take the rabbit as long as we could find a loving home for him. Unfortunately, we live in a small townhouse and we do rent (and there's a good possibility we may be moving in the spring and wouldn'tbe able to take the rabbit with us :( ).

He has a cage he spends the night in, but during the day he's pretty much free roam. He's pretty good about not chewing stuff (unless he's bored and wants attention... ;) ) and using his litter box. He's also really good with kids. (I think he almost loves my 8-year-old son more than me!) He loves home-made bunny cookies and lots of pets (though he's not much of a cuddler) and is extremely curious and outgoing, even in unfamiliar places or around new people.He's a very active bun who loves doing binkies in the living room and running up and down the hallway. He also loves to run circles around my feet, grunting and thumping. He alsoenjoys his large rubber ball which he noses aroundand, er, dominates... :biggrin2:

From researching the internet, I believe he's a "mismarked" English Spot or English Spot X. He's a medium sized rabbit, two-years-old, neutered (confirmed by a vet!), litter box trained and quite the character. He's recently discovered walks and now digs at the carpet at the front door until we put on his harness and take him for a hop around the neighbourhood!

I have been in contact with a rabbit rescue locally, and they've said they can take him when there's room, but they can't give me any idea of when they could take him. (To be honest, I think they'd rather see us keep him. And I'd really love to, but circumstances just won't allow it. :tears2:)

I'm hoping to find an experienced rabbithome for him and would LOVE to see him find a bond-mate.Maybe there's someone here with a girl bunny looking for a handsome, charming, sweet andaffectionate husbun?

Here'ssome recent pics of Gus (AKA Asparagus Fuzzy Bunny) taking a walk in theyard:

10435_308254220505_779545505_9303081_1246268_n.jpg

10435_308252290505_779545505_9303076_5762940_n.jpg

10435_308254215505_779545505_9303080_2361485_n.jpg

Thanks!

Rue

Very cute bunny! Thank you for taking the time to care for him and find him a home :)

I think it might help if you can get a Mod to edit your title for this thread and add your location.

Good luck, I will keep my fingers crossed that he finds a new forever home very soon.

Back