RESOLVED Iowa - Rescue - Mini Rex with nasty sore hocks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im glad you have decided to try and keep them :) let us know how the interveiw went!!! good luck with it! i know how hard it is right now to find a job -.-

Lymie wrote:
I have proper food for them now, and if I can get this interview tomorrow then I think we may end up keeping them, if that's okay with anyone else.

Sounds wonderful to me :) My fingers are crossed for you getting that job!

Good for you girl... you've really stepped up :hug:

Lymie wrote:
christinelea1 wrote:
Lymie plz share what is happening respitorial right away-let me have MY VET call in meds there for you ASAP...CALL ME OK. If you are having resp. issure they need antibiotics Lymie please.... bunnies die within hours from this..

He's had it since July. I thought it was okay since the vet said it wasn't a big deal?

I think to err on the side of caution, we should follow up on this? Lymie, was your vet rabbit-savvy? And is he still having issues?

sas

Pipp wrote:
Lymie wrote:
christinelea1 wrote:
Lymie plz share what is happening respitorial right away-let me have MY VET call in meds there for you ASAP...CALL ME OK. If you are having resp. issure they need antibiotics Lymie please.... bunnies die within hours from this..

He's had it since July. I thought it was okay since the vet said it wasn't a big deal?

I think to err on the side of caution, we should follow up on this? Lymie, was your vet rabbit-savvy? And is he still having issues?

sas
I don't think she was, but she knew a bit about them. He's still sniffling, but it's not preventing him from doing anything normal.

Glad to hear you are going to try and keep them! Please dont be afraid to ask questions (the infirmary is a great place if you have any future issues) and we will try our best to help you in any way we can.

As someone else mentioned, you might want to try to see if you can network with people around you who own rabbits. Try clicking on a US location underneath someone's username (like mine) and it will show you a US map..then you can click on your state and it will show you a list of RO members in your state. You may also want to try googling to see if there is a rabbit rescue near you. It helps to have friends locally in case anything comes up. Often times they can recommend a good vet who knows what they are doing with rabbits (Ive been to waay too many who dont).

Im glad you are trying to work things out and hope this works out for you. I would recommend trying another vet if you can to have the respiratory problem checked out. Sometimes they need something simple like an oral antibiotic to clear it right up but its difficult to know without a vet listening to the breathing and possibly running a culture and sensitivity test if you can afford it.

Keep us posted. I wish you all the best!

Haley

I just wanted to report that Beazel has grown all the fur on his feet back! I just saw today, and terrified him with a victory dance, in which he zoomed around like an airplane. Despite the great news he is no longer speaking to me. :/

LOL! Sorry to report that from experience, mini-rexes are not only the most opinionated rabbits on the planet, they have loooong memories! I've gotten the bunny butt and flick off treatment for THREE WEEKS over a bleeding cut nail -- and that was after he very pointedly ate my couch. :shock:

Keep those very profuse apologies coming! (Mine worked best in the form of tiny bits of apple peel).

Good luck with that. ;)

How's the job search? Hope all is well. :)

sas :bunnydance:

Pipp wrote:
LOL! Sorry to report that from experience, mini-rexes are not only the most opinionated rabbits on the planet, they have loooong memories! I've gotten the bunny butt and flick off treatment for THREE WEEKS over a bleeding cut nail -- and that was after he very pointedly ate my couch. :shock:

Keep those very profuse apologies coming! (Mine worked best in the form of tiny bits of apple peel).

Good luck with that. ;)

How's the job search? Hope all is well. :)

sas :bunnydance:

I've noticed even before this he's been flicking his legs at me and running into his hidey-hole. But he's a food motivated bun, and I have a bag of crazians downstairs with his name written all over it. Even when I first got him, and he was out of his MIND scared, he would get over it as soon as I offered up a Cheerio. He cannot fool me.

The job search is pretty crap, but that's my fault. I'm allowing the economic situation to keep me from getting off my butt and out of the house to search for one. That's about to change, though. Their food will run out eventually, and Alfie's hormones are off the charts, so that's motivation to get it together. At least for Beazels sake. I'm sure he's going to snap one day from all the humping.

My mini rex, Berney, is the same way. He is very opinionated. Does not like to be corrected. And hates it when he doesn't get his way. And never take away the treat bag if he's not finished.

Latest posts

Back