RESOLVED: Harley isn't doing well...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's pooping like a poop machine now! Tons.

I'm tearing up, I'm so happy.
Thank you everyone who gave me advice, I think he's going to make it.

I will continue giving him critical care until I used up all the package, and keeping him hydrated. But I'm really hopeful he's going to make it.

OMG This is wonderful !

Like I said before if he starts eating hay on his own that is really great progress Once he starts eating on his own you won't need to do the Critical care.
it just occurred to me that critcal care contains the same probiotic as benebac so he has been geting it all long :hugsquish:

You did receive a lot of advice but you followed through with it and listened and learned.

it is not easy to save a bun that young with diarrhea
:goodjob

He's been eating some hay, so should I stop all together?

I was thinking I would at least continue today (not six feedings though, just small ones and make it more watery then it says to make sure he stays hydrated).

Also thats great he's been getting the probiotic all along, awesome!

Thanks so much, I'm so happy.
Going to make Pumpkin Cheesecake to celebrate, since I have tons of extra canned pumpkin haha. Now what to use the pineapple juice for? LOL

YAY! :3

and thank you!

Thanks you everyone who helped and offered advice and of course the kind words.
I really appreciate it, I'm sure Harley does too!

If he takes the feedings willingly you can go ahead and feed them but if he is eating on his own and doesn't want the feedings or fights them just watch him awhile and see how he does eating on his own.

Just read this post...isn't it amazing how excited you get over poop? I'm so glad your little one seems to be doing so much better...we'll keep our paws and fingers crossed that things continue to improve!:pray:

Yay!!!! :yahoo: that's the happy dance. I have been following this thread but never posted because I didn't have any important information to help or offer. But I am SOOOO glad that Harley seems to be heading on the up and up! He just the cutest little guy ever!

Glad he's on the mend!! You did good!! I like to keep critical care on hand in my fridge, it's just a great thing to have in an emergency. I'd save the rest of it for sure.

Thank you everyone. :)

I'm really proud of Harley.
He was always pretty good with eating his critical care, and he was even starting to drink his pedialyte on his own. He was also great at the vets office when he got his water needles.

I really hope he continues to improve, and hopefully no more health problems from here on. :3

angieluv wrote:
You did receive a lot of advice but you followed through with it and listened and learned.

it is not easy to save a bun that young with diarrhea
:goodjob
You did a great job - I know it was your dedication to him that made the difference.

Angieluv is right - it isn't easy to save a bun that young....he has you to thank!

Thank you :)

You helped a lot when I was still frantic the first day.
I really appreciate it.

I have RO to thank.
I'm getting kissing right now from my little guy. :3

Pineapple juice ;) works everytime. When Fraggles was that small she would not poop. I gave her canned pineapple juice and she would turn into a little poop machine also. She would sit in one spot for about a minute and when she would move there would be like 20 poos there.

This is great! Glad he is better and I hope that he stays improving. Looks like I don't need to email my vet, but I will just in case he has anything to add, so if this happens again you can be more prepared. I am not trying to worry you, I just want you to be prepared for anything that can happen to your bunny.

When I email my vet I will email him the first two posts and see what he thinks.

You are welcome, and I am glad that Harley is better!

Latest posts

Back