(RESOLVED) Flemish needs home.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your hard work helping this bigguy. I will let you know what Joy says. I hope heis OK. Shelters are horrible even for the toughtest ofanimals. For poor little rabbits it must beterrifing!Snuffles, you did act fast. The ownerdidn't waste anytime. Maybe they were in a huge hurry becauseof moving deadlines.

Dang! the friend from NC was is coming home for christmas is flying..so its a no-go.

Let us know what the shelter says though, Sas started a thread to seeif we could get anyone to drive from Peoria to St. Louis..where Laura(Snuggys mom) could pick her up..

You know what I just realized? Im flying in to St. Louis next wednesday...I have a 2 hour layover there.

So...if the shelter adopts out of state, and we cant get someone todrive to St. Louis, maybe if we can transport him here, I could takehim with me???

Im flying NW airlines (its a 2 hour flight) I wonder what their policies are for rabbits?

Now that Im looking at it though...its 5 hoursto Flint from Peoria, then add the stress of staying with me for a fewnights and a plane ride....

It would be much easier just to get someone to drive to St. Louis, if possible.

Anyone?

If we hear from the shelter that they will adopt out of state, I'llsend out a pm to all members in IL and MO to see if anyone can help..

I'm going to put this out on the lionhead listto see if anyone is traveling for the holidays and can transport thisrabbit. If others are members of breeder's lists - perhaps they canalso ask on their lists?

Peg

I guess the owner hasnt called her back yet..

Not sure if you read this in the other thread, but Snuffles went to thelocal shelter and there was a flemmie there who had been dropped off 2days ago. She thinks its the same one. Alij is contacting the shelterto see if they adopt out of state..

I thought I'd repost this info for anyone interested in transporting their bunnies via air.

JimD wrote:
I recentlyresearched this for one of the members that wanted to fly in for theBoathouse Party.

Delta is now the only airlines that will allow rabbits to travel in thecabin area. They must stay in their carrier and the carrier must fitunder the seat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your pet can travel with you in the cabin for a fee of $50 one-way (tobe collected at check-in) when traveling within the United States,Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. Pets permitted in the cabininclude dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs.Monkeys, pot-bellied pigs, reptiles, frogs, mice, rats, and spiders arenot permitted. The following restrictions apply:

• Your pet must be small enough to fit comfortably in a kennelunder the seat directly in front of you. Maximum carry-on kenneldimensions are determined by your flight. You must contactDeltaReservations to determine theappropriate kennel size.
  • Your pet must remain inside the kennel (with door secured)while in a Delta boarding area (during boarding and deplaning), a Deltaairport lounge, and while onboard the aircraft.
  • Your pet must be at least 8 weeks old.
  • You may not carry on more than one pet.
  • Your pet in-cabin counts as one piece of carry-on baggage.
Also, Delta limits the number of pets perflight to:

First Class

BusinessElite®

Main Cabin

I know that there were some problems with a couple of member when they used Delta, so I contacted Delta and got this response

JimD wrote:
JimDwrote:
I going to get to the bottom of this...LOOK OUTDELTA, I'M ON A MISSION!!!
I finally got a response from Delta:

Dear Mr. D:

Thank you for your email to Delta Air Lines. I regret the

inconsistencies your members have received during their Delta travels.

Delta permits passengers to carry small domesticated household pets on

board our flights. Those animals include dogs, cats, rabbits, bird,

hamsters, guinea pigs, and ferrets). All carry-on pets must be housed

in suitable kennels that can be stowed beneath the seat directly in

front of the passenger, and they must remain in their kennels for the

duration of the flight. The number of carry-on pets allowed on a single

flight is limited and space is reserved on a first-come, first serve

basis. Our decision to allow pets to travel in the passenger cabin was

made in response to numerous requests from our customers and is

consistent with the policy of most other major air carriers.

In addition, the pet must be at least eight weeks old. A passenger may

not carry one than one pet onboard a flight. The kennel does count

toward the passenger's carry-on allowance.

Since you have not provided any specific traveler information and cities where

the members encountered specific problems, your members can print

the information off delta.com and keep it with them during their travel

in case they are questioned by airport personnel. Here is the link:

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/pet_travel_options/index.jsp

Mr. D, I hope this information is helpful to your members.

Sincerely,

Shantelle Bolduc

Manager

Customer Care

Thanks for the research Jim! Does thatmean that I have to be with him? Could he be boareded by thesomeone and I could pick him up here? It kinds sounds that way tome.

I am still waiting to hear from the shelter. We will see. This might just happen after all!

Alij wrote:
Thanks for the research Jim! Does that mean that Ihave to be with him? Could he be boareded by the someone andI could pick him up here? It kinds sounds that way to me.

I am still waiting to hear from the shelter. We will see. This might just happen after all!

Hi Alij,

Someone has to accompany the bun. The bun would be counted as a carry-on item for that passenger.

~Jim

I am waiting to hear if they would adopt out ofstate. It does appear to be the same rabbit. I willlet you know as soon as I hear something!

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Anyone flying for Ill to the south east?

I honestly think the easiest way to do thiswould be to find someone to drive from Peoria to St. Louis. Its only a2.5 hour drive, and Laura (Snuggys Mom) has graciously volunteered topick the bunny up in St. Louis, take him to her house to board him fora while and then take him somewhere close to North Carolina.

Unless someone is taking a direct Delta flight (or driving) straight from IL to NC, I think the other way is best. :D

But thanks for that info Jim..we'll need to post that in our resource center.

Haley wrote:
But thanks for that info Jim..we'll need to post that in our resource center.
:thumbup

....the very same thing I was thinking right AFTER I posted it on this thread.

I checked the Delta website at the link they provided

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/pet_travel_options/index.jsp

They made some minor changes.
Flights to Hawaii do not allow pets in the cabin.
And they have provided a Tel # to call to make arrangements ahead oftime instead of having to do it all when you get to the airport.
There might be more, but I didn't pick up on them.

Oops, missed that! (perils of two threads on the same(ish) topic! I'll bump this thread.

Now that he's officially a shelter bun, any chance of the Bunderground Railroad helping out?

sas

I spoke to the director today. She iswilling to let him go out of state but someone has already expressedinterest in him and they think he is adopted. She will callme if that changes and of course I will try to call tomorrow just tomake sure. Thanks everyone for trying to help. I amsorry it didn't work out. At least he has a home.

Back