(RESOLVED) Flemish needs home.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to update everyone. Ispoke to the vets office and they gave me the number of the owners whohave him. I tried to call the house number but it wasdisconnected. I left a message on the cell number and amwaiting for a call back. From some research I have found thatrabbits, like cats and dogs, are flown alot and that seemslike a possiblesenerio in getting him tohere. The only thing is cost and which airline. Iwill wait to hear from owners and then see what we need to dothen. However, if anyone does know someone who is traveling this wayfor the holidays that would help alot. I could drive part ofthe way and meet them.

If someone could drive him from Peoria to St.Louis on a weekend, I could meet them and bring him back to Memphiswith me.

Alij, I could meet you the following weekend in Middle Tennessee somewhere between us.

Laura

That would help alot! As soon as Ihear from the owners I will let you know. Maybe they would bewilling to drive some of the way.

Wow we dont have anyone in mid/lower IL on the transport map. Everyone is up near Chicago.

I have a friend who lives in Charlotte, NC, coming home for christmas.Im going to check with her, but its a long shot. She a great person,but not really an animal person at all. If shes flying, Id say its adefinite no. But if she drives, I might be able to convince her. I'lllet you know when I speak to her.

Also, any word from the owners if this bunny is still available?

Oh my goodness! Whatprogress. Sorry guys, I haven't been around a computer sincelast Thursday. Ours is being repaired, our hard drive crashedand my BIL has a new one being shipped from AZ. Then we got amassive snow storm, didn't work Friday or yesterday. I justspoke w/ the vets office and they gave Alij (hope I spelled thatcorrectly) all the info she needs so that's great. They saidyou were so nice. They also said that they told you that allyou need to get the bunny across state lines is a health certificate.

Alij, I am so glad you want this bunny, hopefully the owners call youback asap. Keep us updated. I hope they still havethe bunny.

I still cannot believe what I've missed. :D

Aww, Laura, you are SO awesome! :hug:

I'll start posting around to see who might be traveling, and drop a line to the Bunderground people. :)

Let me know if the owner can do a leg.

sas

I haven't heard for the owners yet.The home phone was disconnected so I left a second message onthe cell phone. I hope they didn't just drop him off at ashelter or someting? I hope is still available.Also, I would be happy to drive to TX or Charlotteto pick him up or whereever! I really hope they still havehim or that he went to a good home if they don't.

Alij

I am sorry but I have to disagree with the ideathat a flight would be more stressful on him (compared to a trip crosscountry via. car). First of all, a flight is much shorter than a cartrip. He leaves his home one day and is at his new home usually thatsame day. The rabbit doesn't have to deal with changes in water,caretakers, long trips in a car, etc.

Of course, I've had rabbits flown into San Antonio before fromCalifornia and Oregon and they've made the trip just fine and had lessstress than rabbits that have made long car rides (based on myobservation of getting rabbits both ways).

Peg

Snuggys Mom wrote:
I would hate for him tohave to be flown. It would be so stressful on him.

Besides, I would LOVE to keep the big boy for a week!

:)

Oh man, you guys! I just called theshelter out of curiosity and I think it's there! I spoke w/ alady named Joy and she said 2 days ago, someone dropped off a huge grayone. Alij, they are putting a note on it that someone isinterested. Let me know what else I can do. Thenumber to the Peoria Welfare Animal Shelter is 309-494-8911, and Ispoke w/ Joy, so ask for her if/when you call. We'll see whatwe can do from there. Darn it guys, I thought I acted quicklyby getting the info on here.

Well, I did tell Joy that someone in NC wants itand she didn't say anything like that, so that's good I hope.If I have to home it for a week or so I will. My husband willprobably have a cow, but if it's just temporary... :ponder:

Latest posts

Back