Resolved!-Belle seems off again.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep up a lot of fluids ( as much as you can give her with out stressing her to much, the feeding and exercise and meds. a fewjagged one s could be the beginning...

There are still only a few tiny poops from Belle. She did eat more lettuce though and I'm keeping her hydrated.I'll be syringe feeding her in about a half an hour. She doesn't seem to want to excercise.

two other things that you could get and give her would be benebac which is a probiotic that regulates and replaces the good bacteria in her GI tract. You could call petco or petsmart as they often sell it either in powder in a bottle or little tubes of gel.
fresh pineapple juice is controversial but I have used it successfully with my buns in addition to their meds. I would definitely get a fresh pineapple and give her some of the juice per syringe.(has to be fresh not canned)

The other thing would be simethicone (baby liquid gas drops ) which you may already have or could get at walgreens. She probably has gas which could be making her uncomfortable. Make sure that the only ingredient in the product is Simethicone and you can give 1 cc with repeats every few hours up to 3 doses.

Some people recommend an product that comes in a tube called nutrical . It is primarily used for kittens and puppies to stimulate the appetite but many people use it for their rabbits. It has a lot of nutrition and vitamins in it. It is sold at petsmart and petco also. but not in the small animal section.

I have given it to my buns by rubbing it onto their front paw (sneakily) so that the bun has to lick it off to get rid of it. Mine hate the taste but it does have some nutritional value
You can also do gentle tummy massages if she will let you as she probably is uncomfortable so don't push too hard.
I sure hope that she poops soon.

I won't be able to get to Petco atleast until tomorrow morning, but I do have simethicone. I'll also give her a tummy massage if she'll let me- she's being pretty difficult today; she does not like being picked up and put in a bunny burrito for syringe feeding and medication. I've been bitten, scratched and kicked at so much. I can't say that I blame her though. I wouldn't like being handled like that multiple times a day.

She did just eat some pellets though. I'm not seeing alot of poops from her, but hopefully since she's eating more, she'll start pooping.

Just thought I'd update:

Belle seems to be doing better. She's still eating, drinking, peeing and pooping more than she was yesterday. :)

I do have a question; Belle is eating pellets and lettuce on her own without a problem, so should I still be syringe feeding her Critical Care?

If she is eating most of it then I would back off the critical care for the night and see what morning brings...if she stops eating or pooping overnight then I would start the CC again for awhile
glad that she's eating
better touch base with your vet tomorrow

I just wanted to say that Belle is doing great. :biggrin2:She's eating, pooping, drinking, peeing and just being her old diva self. :) I did call her vetto let her know that Belle is fine, though she was unable to talk at the time, and I haven't heard from her yet.

Latest posts

Back