Rescued baby bunny from outside (lion head)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wooooohooooo!!!!!

It's just so impossible to resist these cute fluffy babies, isn't it? I'm glad your SO found it just as irresistible :p

So, have Kiwi and Papaya caught a whiff of him yet? What do they think about all this :)

Im pretty sure Kiwi & Papaya know hes there, but at this point I dont think they care lol Im waiting at least 14 days for them to meet, but most likely a full 30 days, just to make sure Apricot is free of disease. I know somtimes 30 days isnt long enough, but so far he seems ok. His eye seems to be fine. He does have some "crud" but I think he just needs to clean himself a bit better, or let me. I dont want to be too invasive with him just yet.

And yes im stoked that im going to keep him. The SO never said yes I could, but at this point hes not going anywhere. I think he knows thats a fight hes going to loose :thankyou:

I think my SO actually likes him because cloud is not like my other two. Kiwi & papaya run away from him. They only love me haha

I wouldn't put it past the little bunn to somehow suspect that wooing "that other human" was necessary if he wanted your home to be his forever home, lol - somehow, animals seem to understand who it is that they need to schmooze to get what they want!

The batch of timothy hay that I have right now, Kiwi & Papaya arent that fond of. Guess what? Neither is he! Hes following in his big sister & big brothers footsteps.

I've noticed that Norman tends towards the same hay preferences as my picky, picky, little girls (never mind that when I first brought him home, he'd devour anything and everything I put in front of him)... almost makes me wonder if picky bunnies send out vibes that tell other bunnies in the home to shun certain hays!

Is this normal? Apricot is sleeping like a cat, with his eyes covered up??? I'm trying not to panic, cause its super cute... But... ???

Omg, SQUEE!!! That is one super-relaxed baby bunny, not a care in the world! Reminds me of Gazzle's baby-DBF's, and I've seen Norman in a similar position a time or two.

The SO keeps petting him, & asking where his toys are. Poor Apricot only has one right now, which he dosent know what to do with quite yet.

Can't say I didn't see that coming! Baby animals are so cute and sweet and friendly - how can you not fall in love? It's their built-in "secret" weapon to endear them to humans so that we'll love them enough to put up with their "teenage phase" when it arrives :p.

Imbrium- I know right? Apricot is completely different from Kiwi & Papaya. So friendly & attention starved. He will take any "pats" from anyone at anytime. Could he be like this because he dosent have a buddy? Kiwi & Papaya always had someone to start with- Kiwi had Citrus, and Papaya had Kiwi.
Now, another question. Apricot loves the alfalfa hay. When I got him last week, I gave him more of that then the Timothy cause I just wanted him to eat, since I didn't know if he would make it. Now I've been mixing it in with the Timothy, but smart bun picks through it to find the alfalfa & leaves most of the Timothy. Any tips to make him eat the Timothy?

Limit the alfalfa more? Or find a grass hay he likes better than Timothy? I dunno, I always had the same problem with Nala and Gaz... the only way they'd eat both hays is when I bought the Sierra Valley 80/20% Orchard/Alfalfa blend (which is more mixed than is possible by hand because they're grown together in the field), and even then they left a fair amount of Orchard strewn about on the floor.

The alternative is to just let him have unlimited alfalfa... which is perfectly healthy, but it just delays the battle and possibly makes it worse when you eventually have to take away the alfalfa completely ><

Limit the alfalfa more? Or find a grass hay he likes better than Timothy? I dunno, I always had the same problem with Nala and Gaz... the only way they'd eat both hays is when I bought the Sierra Valley 80/20% Orchard/Alfalfa blend (which is more mixed than is possible by hand because they're grown together in the field), and even then they left a fair amount of Orchard strewn about on the floor.

The alternative is to just let him have unlimited alfalfa... which is perfectly healthy, but it just delays the battle and possibly makes it worse when you eventually have to take away the alfalfa completely ><

That's exactly what I've been today. I guess its hit & miss with him. This morning, I woke up early to feed the buns (which I already always do). I mixed both hays together & went back to bed. When I woke up he had eaten it all! So yay! I guess he's figuring out if he's hungry, he needs to eat what's there lol

I was nervous last night, since I increased his pellets slightly, & it was the first day going down to 3 CC feedings... He's great this morning & is like a little toddler who needs constant attention. He's soo cute:pinkbouce:

He is soooo cute. Snowy sleeps like that, you are always tempted to poke them to check they're ok. I do love this littlefellow, I must go and see his twin, am away in UK till Tuesday so wil pop in Wednesday :)

Little Apricot is doing well again today. Loves his pellets. Hes now put two & two together- when he hears the opening of the pellet bag, he runs to me, then runs to his dish. Hes adorable.

Today will be the last day for three CC feedings. Tomorrow I will go down to two CC feedings & increase his pellets again.

Here is an updated photo of my little dude :) He is growing like a little weed! But a cute weed :)

I'll have to start a blog of him with Kiwi & Papaya

image.jpg

He's such a cute boy! I know, it's amazing how quickly they grow at first. They seem to double in size each week.

He certainly seems like a happy friendly little guy. And is quickly wheedling his way into your hearts, with his excessive cuteness and charm. I'm with Jennifer. It's like he knows what he needs to do, and who he needs to put the charm on with, to ensure he stays in his new home. Such a smart little bun :p

He is the cutest bun, how could you not want to cuddle him. Sounds like he's already trained you lol. Great that he seems to have really settled in.

He is such a happy little boy! I think he's glad he dosent have to live in the "wild" anymore. The only way I can describe him, is that he's like a 1 or 2 year old human child. He runs like crazy when I let him out, & always has something in his mouth! He's exactly like a toddler who needs constant supervision lol

I feel bad cause when I'm not home, he needs to be in his cage, without access to his run. I don't trust my kitty with him yet. He's still too tiny. So when he gets to come out he's super happy :)

And, I know this will probably change once his hormones kick in, but he's been really good about peeing & pooing in his litter box! *proud mama here*!!!

So my little monkey has coccidia :( I knew he would, but I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to have his fecal done. I'm taking him to the vet this afternoon, for my vet to just do a exam on him, & order in his meds. *sigh*

So my little monkey has coccidia :( I knew he would, but I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to have his fecal done. I'm taking him to the vet this afternoon, for my vet to just do a exam on him, & order in his meds. *sigh*

OH NO... This is your little lion head!!! Oh no!!!! :shock2:

Get him his meds and keep an eye on him!!!

Vanessa

Apricot has coccidia Jenny :( And Apricot is actually a SHE!! Poor girl, I've been calling her a boy for 3 weeks! Other then the coccidia, she got a clean bill of health. We put a blanket down in the clinic, & she was running around everywhere, checking everything & everyone out!

They are going to order the meds for me. It will be the same thing Papaya had when he HAD coccidia. It will be strawberry flavour, so hopefully she takes it nicely, & I don't have to force her to take them.

She's home now, & hiding, but I put some hay in her hidey house & she is eating that. So hopefully she comes out to play soon.

I also took poo in from kiwi & papaya, just to make sure they are ok too!

*stressed out mama*

Apricot has coccidia Jenny :( And Apricot is actually a SHE!! Poor girl, I've been calling her a boy for 3 weeks! Other then the coccidia, she got a clean bill of health. We put a blanket down in the clinic, & she was running around everywhere, checking everything & everyone out!

They are going to order the meds for me. It will be the same thing Papaya had when he HAD coccidia. It will be strawberry flavour, so hopefully she takes it nicely, & I don't have to force her to take them.

She's home now, & hiding, but I put some hay in her hidey house & she is eating that. So hopefully she comes out to play soon.

I also took poo in from kiwi & papaya, just to make sure they are ok too!

*stressed out mama*

don't get too stressed out .. it sounds like she is doing ok so far .. wow She.. I'm so used to writing HE .. wow... what a change!

How long does she have to take the meds?

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back