RESCUE: Vancouver, BC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy tetanus, Batman!

That bathroom corner reminds me of Fey and Sprite's, although theirowner did a quick clean of the pan underneath just before I went to seethem to cover up the grossness.

Poor buns. They look like such sweethearts, too. Ihope the boy plays nicely with your friend's rabbit so he can get apermanent home!:pray:

They are total sweet hearts. Broke my heart to see them like that, but I feel so much better now that they are out.

I really hope he plays nice too. This lady was the firstperson I thought of. She's one of those "if I can't have him,then who would take just as good if not better care of him?"choices.

I've told her about RO a couple times, but I think I'm going to make itan adoption requirement that she join up if she takes Milton.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

--Dawn

I was thinking of taking astab atbondingthe black boy to Pipp. So I think somethingwill work out for him, he sure is popular.

And thanksDawn.:hug:

I'll give you a call to discuss this stuff when I can talkfreely. (Don't want to use words like 'spay', 'neuter' and'money' around George).

I just gave the girls some apple, they were in seventhheaven. And Sherry isn't anywhere near as bad as she was withyour trio, so this just might work with a big NIC cage in thecorner. They're pretty low maintenance.(Am I repeating myself?)

I still need a bunny for George, though. :sigh:pullhair:

sas

Do you have any bannanas in the house SAS?

If you do, you will see a bunny mouth like you have never seen onebefore. Sekura opens her mouth so wide for bannana, it'shilarious...

Milton hasn't taken any treats yet, maybe I should try a little bit of fresh fruit.

You can give me a call up to about 12pm.

--Dawn

Some very good news!! Prince (formerlyMilton) has a new home! Ruby came over last night to see ifshe got along with him, and it went amazingly well. Prince isstill full of hormones and was humping the heck out of her, but shetolerated it very well. Near then end when he looked like hewanted to hump, we would redirect him to snuggling face to face, he gotthe idea after a couple times.

Man, there where flops all over the place. Prince flopping onRuby and Ruby flopping on Prince (and apparently Ruby hasn't beenflopping that much since being spayed). There was also mutualeating and grooming. No grooming of each other but Ruby didalot of primping in front of Prince.

Enough teasing, here's some pictures!

Prince being going hump crazy:

Flops all around:

And I got a few pictures of Sekura (the broken castor), and Sugar & Spice the red/orange.

And I tried to get some pictures of Sugar's funny bald patches, but they're not really good.

Sugar and Sekura are at the vet's now. SAS took themin. Sugar is getting spayed and her bald spots checked out,and Sekura is going along for comfort.

--Dawn

Ugh... Sugar stopped breathing when they gave her the anesthetic. :tears2:

They revived her, butthey're not going to try again today --they will tomorrow though. I'm not sure how I feel aboutthat.:nerves1

I had a bad feeling, I actually expected to find a message from the vet on the machine, and there it was.

sas :(

Wow. Those bunnies are gorgeous!

I cant believe how fast those two bonded, they look like long lostbuddies. Sekura and Sugar are gorgeous, Im sure they will findwonderful homes.

Sas, I'll be keeping Sugar in my prayers. I would be very nervous as well.

Well, we pretty much decided to give her sometime to fatten up and gain back some of her health, then we'll take itfrom there. The vet seems confident that using 25% lesstranquilizer will fix the problem, and wanted to try again within a fewdays, but we're going to wait longer.

Sugar seems fine though, perky and alert when I picked her up.

SAS feels better now that the vet said he didn't think she had mites(although he didn't do any skin scrapping or tests...), as she cancuddle them with out worrying about spreading something to the otheranimals.

Prince's Ruby comes over tomorrow to start their bonding boot camp. I really hope everything goes well for those two.

Prince has come out of his shell so much in the last week.It's amazing the difference in personality the bath tub sessionhad. He comes out and sits by the edge of the pen closest tothe couch when I'm sitting on it now. He's still a bitskittish, but really starting to show some bunnitude. Andhe's starting filling out, his belly is no longer sunken, but nice andround.

--Dawn

I just wanted to let everyone know that Prince went to his forever home today!

He and Ruby have been doing a bonding boot camp in my closet for thelast week, and getting along wonderfully. We brought themover to Ruby's house/cage and they are still getting along great.

Ruby's mom has promised me she'll sign up, so hopefully she'll do that soon and she can post some pictures for us!

--Dawn

Hurray! This is great news! Bless you and sas for all youve done for these bunnies.

And how many are with sas now, two??

Yes, the two girls are still with SAS.I haven't seen them since picking them up from the vets, but I'm surethey are plumping up and that Sugars fur is starting to grow back.

I should go and see how they are doing.

We are going to try to spay Sugar again once she's back in a 100%healthy condition. And then once she's recovered fromsurgury, I'm going to look into finding a home, unless SAS hascompletly fallen in love with them and refuses to let them go...lol,she's tempted, I know she is... They are such sweet girls.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back