REHOME: Riverside, CA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
undergunfire wrote:
Oh my......Mason is such a sweetie :inlove:.

You forgot one question.....would you be able to meet me half way if Iwas to take Mason? I just yahoo mapped it and Riverside is 5 hours 42minutes away from Prescott.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts
If I decide to give him away for sure, I could probably meet half way.:) Once I found out that I'm not going to Florida, I started havingsecond thoughts about finding him a home. Yesterday, I brought himinside to hop around in my room and he loved it. I fell in love withhim all over again. *sigh* I need to make up my mind soon.

Haley wrote:
Eek! Cuteness overload! Look at that mouth!

PS. I hope you dont mind, I edited some of your posts so you could see the pics instead of just the link..
Makes you just want to kiss him! :)

I don't mind one bit. About an hour after posted the links, I figuredout how to post the image right on the post. :) I like it better theway it is now.

I think you should keep him if youre having second thoughts. He seems like such a special guy.

Would your parents let you build an NIC condo if it doubled as a ferretcage? Like could you put the bunny cage on the bottom and build theferret cage on top? Ive seen people put guinnea pig cages on top ofbunny cages. It might be something to consider. Those NIC cages can fitpretty much anywhere. Ive seen people build one in the closet or undera desk!

I'll just have to think more about it... I lovehim so much, but if I get really busy again, I may have to find Mason ahome. I feel awful on the days when I only see him when I feed him.Yesterday, I stood in my doorway and tried to plan out where I couldput Mason. He loved hoping around my room, but I wouldn't trust himwithout supervision.

I've seen the NIC condos and think they're awesome. If I were to bringMason inside, I'd either do that or buy an animal playpen. Right now, Ihave 2 dogs,1 rabbit, and 3 chinchillas. I've been trying tothink of ways to downsize the chinchilla cages. I've been trying to getcreative ideas from other chinchilla owners. I want to build one tallchinchilla cage where I could keep all 3 (in 2 seperate compartment).That way, I'd have more floorspace, maybe for, say... a rabbit namedMason :) I just don't want my room to be too cluttered and full. Ithink I need to get my chinchillas in a different cage before I couldeven consider bringing Mason in. My Mom thinks my room is full enough.

See, this is what 1 of the chin cages looks like:

peekcage2.jpg

The other cage sits where the empty space is. It's not as tall, butjust as wide. I want to build something like this, but taller:

chincage.jpg

Chins need a lot of space to run around. If all 3 of my chins were thesame sex, they'd be fine in the size you see. But the chin I got inJanuary is female (but was supposed to be male).

I'm going to keep showing my Mom the NIC cages until she can't take it anymore and caves!

Oh sorry, I was thinking ferrets. I knew you had three of some sort of exotic!

Would Mason be OK to be neat the chins (and would they be OK with it)?Maybe you could build something smaller for him.A lot ofpeople will build an NIC condo only a few panels wide, butthen build up (like your chin cages) so it doesnt use as muchfloor space.

Or what about your closet? Do you have a walk in closet? I kept my two boys in my closet for a while so I had more space.

Haley wrote:
Oh sorry, I was thinking ferrets. I knew you had three of some sort of exotic!

Would Mason be OK to be neat the chins (and would they be OK with it)?Maybe you could build something smaller for him.A lot ofpeople will build an NIC condo only a few panels wide, butthen build up (like your chin cages) so it doesnt use as muchfloor space.

Or what about your closet? Do you have a walk in closet? I kept my two boys in my closet for a while so I had more space.
Actually, I'm impressed you remembered anything at all :) I forget a lot myself...

Chinchillas + NIC = destuction. haha Chinchillas are chewers, so theycan't have NIC condos. Trust me, if they could, that would be thecoolest idea ever! It would save me floor space and money.

My closet is a small walk-in closet, but it's so full that things arestarting to fall over. I live with my parents and they won't let mestore any of my things anywhere else in the house (not even thegarage... my mom has her photography studio in there). My closet ismostly full of clothes (hanging and some in the dresser in there) andthings that I bought for when I move out (plates, cups, pots, pans,knife set, etc).

Mason is a pretty good sized rabbit. Wouldn't I need a very large cagefor him? The one he's in now is pretty big. (4 feet by 3 feet orsomething like that). About how big of an NIC condo would I need tobuild?

I know that if I build the condo, I'll want to add another level andbuy a guinea pig *hehe* I don't want anymore pets, but every time I seea guinea pig, I want one! I've had 3. I adopted one(Marita)from a friend. About a year later, I bought one(Alex) from the pet store. They lived together for a while, but then hedied :( Then I adopted another one from another friend. She outlivedhim too! She lived to be about 8 years old!!! I miss that piggy. Thisis her eating sweet potato baby food when she was sick:

pigpig.jpg

aww what a cute little Piggy!

How much does Mason weigh? I had my boy Tumnus in a 3x2x2 and it was plenty of room for him (he's about 3-4 lbs).

If you decide to keep Mason, than I think thatis great. If you ever decide that you can't keep him again....then myhome is open :).

Haley wrote:
aww what a cute little Piggy!

How much does Mason weigh? I had my boy Tumnus in a 3x2x2 and it was plenty of room for him (he's about 3-4 lbs).
Thank You. I miss her dearly. She was so funny! Everytime I'd open thedoor to where she was, she'd squeal so loud, like this:
He weighs about 5 pounds. I'm just afraid to keep him cramped up, but Iguess if I let him out to run around, he doesn't need much space.Mason's favorite place to be is on top of his house, so I'd just needroom for that (about 2.5 feet high). I may go to Target tonight andcheck out the cubes. Isn't there where I can find them? One veryimportant question... what would I put underneath the cage? I've triedlitterbox training him, but having been successful. If the carpet gotpeed on, my mom would have a cow (my dog has accidents in my roomoccasionally... he's old). My carpet is already stained up a bit (andthe house is pretty new). My Mom has already threatened to make me payfor new carpet. I was thinking... maybe a plastic mat(thekind you put under a computer chair) and a rug. What do you think?

Thanks for all your help! You're absolutely awesome!

jordiwes wrote:
I just have to jump in and say, Sweet Chinchilla cages!!
Thank You! :) The first one is mine... the second one... if I couldbuild that, my chins would be in heaven! Mine is actually a ferretcage. While my chin loves it, it's partially made of plastic, whichisn't safe with chins. They chew on EVERYTHING. That's one of thereasons I'm hoping to build them a new cage :)

shadowicecream2.jpg
midnight2.jpg
peek2.jpg

That's Shadow, Midnight, and Twilight :)

undergunfire wrote:
If you decide to keep Mason, than I think that is great. Ifyou ever decide that you can't keep him again....then my home is open:).

You are absolutely AWESOME and AMAZING!:) Thank you so much!I will definately keep you informed on the May-May situation :)

Check out our NIC photo philes thread on that link I gave you before for some ideas.

For something temporary, you can use a shower curtain or vinyl tablecloth. For permanent, you can use coroplast (available from signstores) or something else like pegboard or plywood with stick on tiles.And yes, you can buy the cubes at Target! You will nee two boxes for a3x2x2 if you want a ceiling.

I've actually had that NIC page up since yousent it to me :) I love it! Right before I read the last post from you,I was showing my boyfriend the link.

I just got back from Target and could not find the NIC anywhere! Eitherthey were out, or I passed by them. I went up and down every aisle thatwould have had them. Are they called NIC or is that a brand name? WhenI search for NIC on search engines, only animal cages come up.

Are these what you're talking about from Target?

This
Orthis?

yeah, except they were calle something differentat my target. They were in the home/storage section in a green box. Ithink they were called Organize-It shelving/storage or something likethat. They come in all colors-blue, white, black, chrome andare 14.99 a box (or 11.49 when theyre on sale).

EDIT: like the first one. The mesh would work as long as its not something he could chew through.

I saw the Organize-it boxes and lookedcarefully, but didn't see these cubes. I'll have to check anotherTarget. I even checked the site and couldn't find it. When I go again,I'll have to bring a picture of what I need :)

I stopped by a local petstore tonight to buy 2 new water bottles... Ifell madly in love with one of the mini rabbits. They had about 12 inthe cage and one let me pick it up. I held it and pet it... sooooooooocute. It was too young to determine sex. Not that I have time foranother bunny, but I've been told by people here that if a rabbit has acompanion, it doesn't need as much human interaction. Before I eventhink about bringing home another critter, I need to find a home forthis dog I have. Doyou want a dog, by chance? hehe She showedup literally on my front porch. I named her Sweet Pea and have beentrying to find a home for her since August.

Target ones. In home storage section.

100_7555.jpg

100_7556.jpg

^^^ Yup, mine look like that as well. They dontlist them on the website for some reason. It comes with the panels andconnectors, but you will need extra cable (zip) ties to help hold ittogether. If you make a condo with a roof the connectors help to makeit more sturdy. If you just do an open pen you can just use zip ties.

Awesome! I had a feeling that's where they were.I know they didn't have them at the Target I was at because myboyfriend looked too. I'm going to work today and there's anotherTarget across the street. I still haven't convinced my Mom to let mebuild a cage inside. Worst case... I could always return them.

I saw these cubes years ago at Target and wanted to buy them formyself. At the time, I never would have thought to use them as a cage.

I found them! They probably had them at theother Target. I was looking in the area where the hangers are, notwhere the tools are. I bought 2 boxes (white). I wanted the blue, butblue doesn't match my room. When I get my house, everything will beblue! :)

Latest posts

Back