REHOME: Riverside, CA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danakscully64

Reaction score
I rescued my rabbit, Mason, about 3 years agoand have been trying to find him a good home since. While I would loveto keep him, my busy schedule keeps me away from home. He needs a newowner who has time to spend with him. Also, I will bemovingfrom Cali to Florida probably by the beginning of next year andwillbe unable to take him with me. :(If anyone isinterested, please let me know.

I forgot to include this when I originally posted this: large cage, food, water bottle, and house included.

Wow, what a cute little guy. I hope someone can offer him a great home :).

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Is Mason neutered? Has he ever been exposed toother animals? I also have cats, and a dog. Perhaps we can set up ameeting and see if he will get along with my boy. That would be theonly way I can take him.

I forgot to mention... I haven't had onebehavior problem with him in the almost 4 years that I've owned him.He's been nothing but an angel :) He loves having his ears and bodypet. His favorite foods include Life cereal, cheerios, lettuce, andcarrots :)

His cage picture is attached.

I was editing my post and just missed you.Floppy is not yet neutered either (soon though) and I don't think wewant to try and introduce two intact males....How long until you move?

He has been exposed to other animals. I have 2dogs and before I moved him outside, he lived in the garage withchinchillas and rats. :) I won't be moving for quite a few months, butsince I've been trying to find a home for over 3 years, I thought I'dactively search now online. When I came across this site, I figuredthis could be the solution.

I wish I could offer...but we're literally fullup on buns right now (as we live in a one bedroom, and will have sixbuns when Sept comes around...they're promised to us and we're in theprocess of spaying our girls and them getting neutered).

I hope it works out that someone here is able to give him a wonderful home, though...he's such a cutie!! :D

He is adorable!

Lets hope someone here can give him a home. Are you driving from CA toFL?If so, would you be able to transport him in case someonein another state was interested?

Becknutt is interested in taking him, but I'dhave to have him neutered first. She's going to be neutering her bunnyvery soon. We don't have any of the details worked out yet.

I just found out yesterday that at this point in time, I will not bemoving to Florida. My boyfriend (who was joining the Navy) declined theoffer for a position that was his second choice. His recruter, whohonestly didn't mean to, gave his misinformation about transfering tohis top choice. My boyfriend plans on reapplying for pilot (top choice)and if he gets accepted, then I will be going to Florida. So at thistime, I'm staying in Cali. Right now, I don't know what I want to doregarding the Mason situation :?

I noticed he's living outside right now. I donthave anything against it, but Ive found that bunnies who are outdoorsare a little more work than those who are indoors. Its more difficultto spend time with them, especially if you have a busy schedule.

Have you ever considering bringing him in and building him a large NICcondo so he has lots of room to run and play even if you cant be homeall the time? I dont know if you've seen some of the cages our membershave made. Theyre very cheap, easy to make and easy to move:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15348&forum_id=21

Once he was indoors he would be easy to bring with you if you have to move...

I can understand feeling like he's getting shortchanged on the time end, but honestly, if you get him a bunny friendand a big enough cage/hutch to keep them exercized, he won't miss humancompanionship.

I was feeling guilty about not spending time with my back room rescue,I wanted to give him up but ended up getting him a girlfriend(platonic!) instead, and days go by without me even seeing them, andthey really don't care. THey're extremely easy to tend to,they keep each other out of trouble and even tend to each other'sowies.

And I didn't have to displace or take a potential home awayfroma shelter bunny. (What got me wasknowing thatsomebunny somewhere down the chain will be payingfor there being one lessspace with their verylives).

We're all very happy.

sas

If he was altered, then I would love to have him for Morgan......but I am not sure if they would bond.

Morgan was bonded to a male (his brother) before. It may work.

My fiance has agreed to allowing me to get another bunny to bond toMorgan. I wouldn't be able to have another bunny for another month ortwo though.

Hrm....something for me to think about. I live in Arizona though....:ponder:.

I've been thinking about it since my post, and I am really liking Mason. He has such an adorable face.

I would LOVE to know tons more about him, danaksckully.

Some questions that I have are....

What food is he currently on (type of pellets, hay, veggies)?
What toys does he like to play with?
What is his personality like exactly?
Has he ever been sick that you know of?
Has he ever been with another bunny?
Has he ever seen the vet?
What kind of situation did you rescue him from?
How old is he, roughly?
Would you pay for half of a neuter for him ($45 from you, $45 from me)?
Is he litter box trained?
Any types of bad habits?

My most serious question is, would you be willing to meet me half wayif I was able to adopt him? I live in Northern, AZ. My best friend hasfamily in Riverside, so if you weren't able to meet us half way, thenmy friend and I could save up for gas money and part of his neuter (ifyou are willing to pay the other half)....and we could drive out topick him up and my friend could see her family for a day or so.

*smacks herself in her face*......am I really talking about another bunny? My poor Morgan is so lonely though :(.

p.s.....MORE pictures please :).

Haley wrote:
Inoticed he's living outside right now. I dont have anything against it,but Ive found that bunnies who are outdoors are a little more work thanthose who are indoors. Its more difficult to spend time with them,especially if you have a busy schedule.

Have you ever considering bringing him in and building him a large NICcondo so he has lots of room to run and play even if you cant be homeall the time? I dont know if you've seen some of the cages our membershave made. Theyre very cheap, easy to make and easy to move:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15348&forum_id=21

Once he was indoors he would be easy to bring with you if you have to move...
Trust me, if I could bring him in, I would. My parents said no morepets inside (and they really mean it this time). I already have 3chinchillas in my room and am currently working on getting them a newcage (to make more space in my room). Even if I could bring Mason in,he wouldn't have a place in my room. I absolutely love thosecages.I begged my parents to let me build one of those (about6 months ago) and they put their foot down. You wouldn't believe thelecture I get everytime I ask: "You're lucky we even let you keep himand you are supposed to be looking for a home for the dog and yourchinchillas smell and you leave your shoes by the door and BLAH BLAHBLAH." Yes, I'm almost 21 and hear that everytime I ask something.

If I did move to FL with my boyfriend, we'd have an apartment where no pets were allowed, not even my chinchillas or dog :(

Hi Amy-

I may have another person who wants him, but nothing has been set in stone yet. Here are the answers to your questions:

What food is he currently on (type of pellets, hay, veggies)? Ican't tell you the type of pellets now (the bag is downstairs), but hecommonly eats carrots, different kinds of lettuce, cabbage, andbroccoli. He LOVES Life cereal and cheerios. He will not eat hay, nomatter what I do.
What toys does he like to play with? All of the toys I've given him,he hasn't really played with. He does love to play with boxesthough.
What is his personality like exactly? He's gentle, happy, and curious.
Has he ever been sick that you know of? No
Has he ever been with another bunny? No
Has he ever seen the vet? No
What kind of situation did you rescue him from? My sister-in-lawfound him in her yard. We're almost certain that he was someone's petwho either escaped or was let go.
How old is he, roughly? At least 3... I'll guess about 4.
Would you pay for half of a neuter for him ($45 from you, $45 from me)? Yes
Is he litter box trained? No, I've tried, but he just makes a mess.I plan on trying again. I know he's smart enough to get it.
Any types of bad habits? He doesn't like to be picked up much, so hecan scratch. The only other thing... he may be a wire chewer. He chewedat my phone charger once. I think most critters are like thatthough.

I've never owned a rabbit before him, but he made me fall in love withthem. He's larger than most rabbits I've seen. He LOVES to have hisears scratched and to explore the house. One of his ears goes up whilethe other falls to the side.

With the answers I gave, are you still interested in possibly takinghim? No obligations at all... like I said at the beginning, I do havesomeone who is possibly interested.

I'm going to resize and upload other pictures of Mason. Check them out on the next post :)

None of these are very good pictures. EverytimeI try to take pictures, he gets excited and moves around a lot. Ofcourse, when the camera is gone, he's perfectly calm and beautiful ;pSilly bunny.

maymay2.jpg

maymay3.jpg

maymay4.jpg

The more I talk about him, the more I want to keep him. I should justquit my job, drop out of school, lose my boyfriend, and spend 24/7 withMason. Then I wouldn't feel like such a bad mother :( I wish Masoncould live in my room with me. If he could, I wouldn't feel like I hadto get him a new home.

Oh my......Mason is such a sweetie :inlove:.

You forgot one question.....would you be able to meet me half way if Iwas to take Mason? I just yahoo mapped it and Riverside is 5 hours 42minutes away from Prescott.

maymay5.jpg

Eek! Cuteness overload! Look at that mouth!

PS. I hope you dont mind, I edited some of your posts so you could see the pics instead of just the link..

Latest posts

Back