Rehome- Colorado

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoofbeats23

Reaction score
Looking to rehome my 2 year old, 3lb neutered bun Cadbury.

History:

Once upon a time I had the perfect bunny (Hazel, and he's still perfect) Hazel is a 2 yr old neutered, 3lb dwarf mix also. NEVER had an accident outside the litterbox, cuddled on the couch with me during movies, never bit/scratched. I began to work more and felt bad he wasn't getting as much attention. So I took in a bun from a bad situation, hoping he and Hazel would hit it off.

Hazel and Cadbury do get along, as two bachelors in their big condo... but I do not get along with cadbury. Has anybody else dealt with this situation before? I'm torn between wanting what's right for Hazel and his companionship and going out of my MIND dealing with his new buddy. Cadbury is very sweet, VERY treat/food driven, but hell hath no fury like a bunny medicated when I treat his hock sores.

*has hock sores b/c he's not eating his cecals, they get stuck and dried onto his hocks (and poor hazel steps in them too!!!) , he came to me VERY overweight and on a POOR diet.

Anyway, now I check them everyday, though he HATES being turned upside down!!!

Anyway, I'm a little reluctant to rehome him only b/c I'm worried about Hazel's welfare and stressing him out. I hate to sound like I'm favoring one, but Hazel's my baby, and Cadbury's the new guy who bites/scratches me, pees on me, and can't figure out how to use the litter box!

Does anybody have a sweet female bun they would like to swap!?

I'm at my wit's end with this little bugger! He's lucky hazel like's him! (that's what I told him last night after I checked his hocks and he bit my inner arm, you know where the sensitive skin is, near the elbow. I have a massive welt.)

Please offer any advice, anybody been in this situation?

Here is a video of him and Hazel. Cadbury is the dark one (this was a couple of months ago after I first got him, so you can see how fat he was) he's at a much healthier weight now :)

Thanks![flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/_k6UIBr6o20&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Since they are bonded and get along well, I wonder whether you could ask for some for advice in the behaviour section about how to improve this problematic behaviour. I'm certainly not judging you, I commend you for giving him a good home and trimming him down to be a healthier bun.

I am sure you have given this lots of thought, and I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to come to. I guess I'm just thinking though that maybe with some tips from people who might have had a similar situation, then maybe the situation can improve. Here I am trying to bond my bunnies, it seems like a shame to break up two buns that are happy together... just something to think about :)

It comes down to that I use to be a happy bunny owner, and now I'm miserable caring for this new bun. I know that sound fickle, but it's just the truth of the matter. It's wearing me out, I'm losing sleep. I've thought about rehoming the both of them but I really do not want Hazel to go to anybody else. I just cannot deal with cadbury anymore. If I thought I could go back to hazel being an only buy, I would, but I don't want to put him through that now that he's had a bud. So I will definitely find another bun for him. Hazel use to take naps with me. Cadbury pees on me, I just don't think he's suited to live with me unfortunately, I've been trying for months. He's just not working for me. I can't let him out of the kitchen, b/c he pees on the carpet, and refuses to use the litter box. I'm told that somebuns just never learn to use the litter box, and that I should just learn to deal with that. I really appreciate your input, but I'm at my wit's end with this rabbit, but don't want to get rid of Hazel, so splitting them up seems like my only choice.

Latest posts

Back