Recommended Arizona Lop Breeders?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukigirl

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking I want to get another rabbit in the future, a actually planned rabbit. I ended up taking home a baby lop that was left at the sanctuary I work at, some show breeder dumped her and some others, but sadly she passed away a few days ago. Having her though made me realize how much I missed having a rabbit. Before having Mew I had a dwarf rabbit that I had for ten years, and Mew sparked that love again for having a pet rabbit.

I don't plan on a new rabbit for at least a couple months, I know emotionally I need time after loosing Mew so suddenly like I did, but I am a person that likes to plan ahead and be prepared. I've never bought an animal from a breeder before, so I'm kind of clueless on how to spot a good breeder and there's not a abundance of them in Arizona apparently.

I am keeping an eye on a rabbit rescue in Phoenix, but I do have my heart set on a young lop. I've tried googling arizona lop breeders, but nothing really seems to come up, though I know there are breeders here. I live in Flagstaff, so I'd rather not drive over two hours from where I live. Has anyone bought from a breeder in Arizona that they recommend? Or have heard good things about certain breeders? I want to make sure whatever breeder I possibly buy from is a reputable one, because I don't think my heart can stand another incident like with Mew, who obviously came from a irresponsible breeder.

Have you tried the ARBA website? When I looked for a specialty breed thats hard to find in shelters I took to that venue. Of course ARBA has links to more specific breed clubs as well so it worked out.

Now what I did to find a good breeder was I check the breed rankings for showing. Now I have no positive fact that a winning Show breeder is a good breeder but its a reasonable conclusion that they have healthy and happy animals. After that it was a simple thing to narrow down to my area and make some calls. Good luck.

You mentioned Phoenix rescues. There are a couple good rabbit rescues in Phoenix and they both have lots of rabbits available (lops included).

Brambley Hedge Rabbit Rescue
Tranquility Trail Animal Rescue

It also looked like some of the ones at Tranquility Trail were pretty young. Just thought I'd let you know about those 2 rescues in case you weren't familiar with one or the other.

Thanks Troller : ) I'll check out that website and see who I can find, maybe send some emails and feel out some breeders.

And also thank you blue eyes! I knew about Brambley Hedge, that was the rescue I was keeping an eye on, but I didn't know about Tranquility. I'll look into them as well.

Latest posts

Back