Rebirth of the Phoenix from Ashes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michelle, I just read through this entiiire thread, what a roller coaster! I'm so glad you decided to stick with your mission to bond Hippo and Phoenix, especially since their troubles in the beginning sound a lot like what I experienced with Doc and Aurora last week. I will definitely be following your progress, I'm sure I'll get some tips as well! Also, both Phoenix and Hippo are adorable, and how you and Phoenix came together melted my heart. :bunnyheart

Michelle, I just read through this entiiire thread, what a roller coaster! I'm so glad you decided to stick with your mission to bond Hippo and Phoenix, especially since their troubles in the beginning sound a lot like what I experienced with Doc and Aurora last week. I will definitely be following your progress, I'm sure I'll get some tips as well! Also, both Phoenix and Hippo are adorable, and how you and Phoenix came together melted my heart. :bunnyheart

Awh thank you.... I'm guilty.... She is my heart bunny, she just found me and immediately hit a soft spot.... You know yesterday I watched her whole heatedly want to flop over next to flopped Hippogryff and he grunted at her so she came onto the couch instead.. For the first time since I've had her, we had a ten minute petting session while laying next to me licking at my hands and face... Its love...

Both of them want to bond but they're learning to trust each other. I've seen each nip at the other so when they go to lay down next to eachother the other one is cautious and gets up at which point I will intervene if I see a potential nip so that they can start building that trust.

Best of luck to you and I hope that you start a blog as well to track any issues you might be having. I know many of us would be more than interested :)

I actually just started my own blog! Somehow I got up at 4AM and was not able to get back to sleep! It's a bit sad as I decided to tell of my first girl, Dora, but next time I'll get Aurora in there and let everyone know how she is adjusting to her new home. :)

Michelle, sounds like progress to me and you´re just letting them go along at their pace and they will get there.

Just noticed your new blog Doc and Dora and Aurora so will head along to take a look. I love reading everyone else´s story and how they came to own their bunnies.

I agree, I'm reading it as we speak. But as promised, here is a way overdue photo-bomb!! I went out and bought a new laptop charger today and well uploaded all of the pictures that I've been dying to as of late. I'm sorry about the dark quality some of them have, my flash is messed because those were taken in broad daylight ??

You know how I always describe Phoenix as annoying me while I'm on the computer doing something... Here is a perfect example...

I was on my iPad, and just as always she decided to dig and nip at my arm...
1-14_zps48ee0c03.jpg

Close up!!!

2-14_zpsff505945.jpg

Playing with her toy... (you can see Hipster in the background)

4-3_zpsda3a1e3c.jpg

she's deciding what she should do next....

3-7_zpsf75e63a8.jpg

Then she just decided to flop down next to his cage

12_zpsc39171c6.jpg

I love how she is sprawled and how he's cleaning himself in that picture :)

Then he decided hmmm... I should get a little closer!!

5-2_zps807ecce5.jpg

hahaha My little lumps!!! (note, their positions switch quite frequently but usually they're side by side)

6-1_zpsb6cc106e.jpg

Feeding time together, as always..

7-1_zpsca3e144e.jpg

Because it's hard to get a picture of him... (When he's out, he's popping and binky-ing like crazy!!!)

9_zps8c303b8b.jpg

8-1_zps6d0b3557.jpg

CLOSE UP!

10_zps66a3df96.jpg

Finally close up of my fatty eating! (SHE LOVES FOOD!!)

11-1_zps99f801c9.jpg

Oh and by the way, I thought I should mention that since I've tried mediating their relaxation time with petting and mixing up their scent's... they are getting more used to each other, as in, her cage is open right now and she is FLOPPED next to him :)

Heading in the right direction slowly but surely!!!

Michelle, that is all such good news and the photos are so good.

I´d forgotten how pretty she is as it´s so long since I´ve seen a photo and they do look really relaxed by each other. I love to see them eating at the same time on opposite sides of the fence. And I love photos up close and personal so the one of his little pink mouth and teeth, well I love it. And the one of her flopped out, she´s got such cute thumpers.

I love them all and I love his spot nose...you´re doing the right thing, slowly but surely.

Michelle, just love them both and so happy to see so many photos. You know how much I love seeing everyone else´s bunnies, these two are just gorgeous.

I love seeing everyone elses as they are all so different and unique and I just love bunnies, they´re just such great little animals and so much smarter everyone thinks, well everyone but someone who owns one lol. I´ve had dogs and cats but bunnies just amaze me every day with things they do and they learn so quickly.

Aw, I just broke out in a huge smile to read of Phoenix's big flop next to Hippo. :) I really love their little tents, but I'm pretty sure Doc at least would rip his to pieces in a matter of hours!

I just had to catch up on a few days, I'm so glad I got to see some recent pictures! They're so adorable and they look pretty happy together. They seem to be doing really well together. I bet that when you start bonding again, they'll get along really well and everything will be fine!

Yay for pics!!! They're so sweet-looking, but it's hard for me to remember that most everyone else's bunnies are small compared to Monty. I just caught myself thinking "wow, they have a tent big enough for a...waitaminute, I own a giant"

I just had to catch up on a few days, I'm so glad I got to see some recent pictures! They're so adorable and they look pretty happy together. They seem to be doing really well together. I bet that when you start bonding again, they'll get along really well and everything will be fine!

Thank you and you know what I think they're starting to bond already... Hippo has been searching for Phoenix nonstop and laying next to her even when the cage is open and vice versa... They're in love :)

Yay for pics!!! They're so sweet-looking, but it's hard for me to remember that most everyone else's bunnies are small compared to Monty. I just caught myself thinking "wow, they have a tent big enough for a...waitaminute, I own a giant"

You know what... They do have a tent big enough for monty... You know those smaller child play tents,, that's perfect size lol.

Thank you though :)

Well yeah, probably big enough for her, but not small enough to be practical in my apartment. I'm terrible with horizontal space, meaning I clutter-f__k everything. I'm working on it, but I just don't have enough space to store everything! Ugh, hobbies.

Michelle, that is bloody marvellous, so good to hear that they´re in luuurrve.
I am so crossing everything for this.

Clutter, my house looks like one big storage space at the moment and I really have to get into the spare room and de-clutter...mostly, chuck things out but I keep putting it off...maybe there´s something in there I need to keep just in case lol.

Latest posts

Back