RaspberrySwirl's Home Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gypsy wrote:
?awwwwwwwww???? Sebbi? looks like a little? lamb?? what a doll !!!!!!

I love? this picture of? SLG? and? Sebbi?? what a?? beauty? both? of them !!!!

July180141.jpg

You took the words right out of my mouth, Gypsy.

:inlove:

-Carolyn

So Raz...hypothetically...how can Jen and I contact your hubby? You know...just out of curiosity.

Oh,and if someone were to want to bribe him, want could theyuse. Just speaking hypothetically... :ponder:

Oh. I missed seeing pictures of Sebastian and his little girl too. :D

Well,Jenniblu....hypothetically...a person could wrestle SLG for the phoneeach night at 8:25 when her Daddy calls her during his dinnerbreak.

But, if I were a gambling person, I would absolutely put my money on SLG coming out thewinner of that match!She and her Daddyare pretty tight!

slgdaddy.jpg

As far as making another one just likeher....well, that would never happen. Somewhere around this forum isher story. You see, she was a miracle. She is my little angel!

BABY SLG

angel.jpg

This Isthe first time I have readthat thread You postedRaspberry ! I dont know what to say ? A miricleyes and one tobe so Proud of . Howcome I never saw that threadbefore is so beyond me .

It was posted along time ago when m.e. and I had been talking kids. I think we had allbeen talking about sledding and a some other kid issues had come up.Somewhere along the lines someone asked about mine. I didn't want tooverload the thread we were on, so I started a different one.Unfortunately I have removed most of those photos from my photobucketaccount, so they aren't there anymore. :(It was such a fungroup of teens and I missed them a lot this lastyear.

SLG's story is quite amazing. I guessthis is as good a time as any to tell you all what is going on with herright now.

The rest of the story with her goes likethis...bear with me this is long. My family has a long and stronghistory of auto immune disease. My grandmother, mother, sister,cousins, myself and three of my children have Rheumatoid Arthritis orLupus. When SLG was 2 1/2 she was hospitalized and diagnosed withJuvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. She was primarily effected in her rightankle and we were able to keep it isolated to that anklewithmedications andthrough the care of aRheumatologist. After3 years, thankfully she went intoremission. She has been symptom free, and medication freeforover two years now.

About a month or so ago, I noticed shewas limping. She had injured her ankle in the last soccer game of theseason, so I kept an eye on it. It has gotten worse in the last coupleof weeks and has become swollen, hot andsore. Last week shebegan to complain of her other ankle bothering her. Sunday she said herright wristhurt. I called her Rheumatologist firstthingMonday morning and they got her right in. Her Arthritishas returned. She has inflammation, painandswellinginboth ankles, her feet, hertoes, her wrists, her knuckles, andher left shoulder that weare sure about. There may be involvement in other joints, butat that point he stopped and said "lets talk about what we are going todo."

She has begun her medications again andwill stay on these meds for two months. If we don't see a slow down inthe disease, or some improvement of some kind at the end of those twomonths, she will begin a more toxic medication. It's very important totreat the disease very aggressively because as quickly as it hasreturned and as fast as it's spreading it could be very damaging to herjoints. When a child is this young and actively growing, it's crucialto keep the damage to a minimum. Rheumatoid Arthritis is different than"just being stiff". It actually attacks the body and destroys thejoint. It can also destroy the other organs. If it begins to severelyattack one knee for instance, while the other knee continues to grownormally, then she will have one leg longer than the other.

It's a very painful disease. When she waslittle, she would lay in my arms when she had the fevers and I wouldjust rock her for hours while she slept.I'd carry hereverywhere andshe couldsleep in on the days she washurting. Shecould soak in th hot bath during the day when shedidn't feel good. It's all going to be different now because she'solder and we have to adjust to her being in school.We can'tjust live our life however we need to in order to make her feel better.

I've lived with joint pain for years andit breaks my heart that my little girl has to go through this. She isso active and full of life.

I had my breakdown yesterday afterleaving the doctor's office, but now I'm focused on the positive. Thereare all kinds of medical breakthroughs happening all the time. She wentinto remission once. It can happen again. But more than the medicalstuff, I believe in the power of positive thinking and in the power ofprayer. Please, my friends, I'm asking you tokeep my littlegirl in your thoughts and prayers.

Raspberry

SLG has such an alive spirit that i find it hardto believe she wouldnt come out of this with the best results possible.she has age and vitality and current science on her side and with thehelp of all of our prayers i am sure she will come thru with flyingcolors .. my best thoughts, prayers and wishes go out to SLG, you andthe rest of your family during this difficult time.

My prayers are with you Ras and slg. I am sosorry that all of you have to go through with this. My husband may havethem too. In an older adult stage. I will be praying for you guyseveryday.

SLG will definitely be in my prayers.She has sucha great heart and wonderful soul. Ifeel sure she will come through this. I feel for her, Ireally do. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis almost 3years ago. There are days when it's all I can do to move myhands especially. Medicine is a great thing, you are soright, they are making breakthroughs everyday. I will bepraying for your amazing little angel.

Remember, she has an extra special guardian angel, in Buck Jones, now. He will watch over her.

Jen

Raz, you and SLG have touched me sodeeply. You and your husband are very special parents toraise such a great little lady. SLG was born a special childand continues to be a special child because she is so brave and full oflife and positiveness even with RA. I hope and praythat SLG will go into remission.

I knowI teased you about having another SLG for me, but whowouldn't want such a wonderful child with her good looks and greatcharacter? :)

A friend of my family was diagnosed with RA as a teen. She isin her late 30's now and has little or no pain most days with the rightmedication. I hope that SLG will follow a similar or bettercourse in the near future.

Give that precious girl a hug for me-- :hug:

Thank you for thekind words and the support you all. As you saw, I went ahead (withCarolyn's urging) and posted about this in a separate thread. You cannever have too many prayers!

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back