RaspberrySwirl's Home Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheerios03.jpg

Look at my Beauty and herBunny. Youare One Lucky Lady, Raspberry. SLG looks gorgeous, as doesSebbie. Whata beautiful pair they make.

I really love the picture of Sebbie that you're going to get framed forher room. It's hard to pick what my favorite Sebastianpicture would be.

Hope all is well with you and yours!

-Carolyn

I was quitesurprised today to find that my parsley from last year came back!:)

I didn't know parsley came back! Ifigured you had to replant it every year. There was already enoughthere for Sebastian to have some. I wonder though, if it's as tenderand tasty the second year?

Very Cool, Raspberry!

Don't know how it'll taste, but be sure to keep us posted. I'm curious now too.

-Carolyn

I was working inmy yard yesterday and out of the corner of my eye I saw a very largeshadow take off through the air. I looked up and saw a HUGE bird flyout of my neighbors back yard! I was familiar with what it was. It wasa Great Blue Heron! :shock:For those of you who don't know,they are usually found in larger bodies of water. They eat fish, frogs,and other animals from the water. They are BIG birds!

My neighbor has a little back yard pond.Maybe 12' in diameter, with a little waterfall and some nice Koi andgoldfish. She was very pleased that they had survived the winter andwere doing well this spring...

She called me and asked if I'd seenanyone in her yard during the day...I eventually met her at the backfence and told her what I'd seen. It turns out this Blue Heron ate all her Koi!

I can't believe it even saw her pond inher little back yard, through the trees in a suburban setting. Thereare two large ponds in either direction of us in parks. My husband saidit was the fact that they were such brightly colored. He said they seethe fish from so high in the air anyway and then with them being brightcolored the bird just swooped in and had an all you can eat buffet!:shock::shock::shock:

Hopefully the beast was just migrating through!

Raspberry

4vjw3n

Awww poor fishies! My inlaws have a little cabinin Mendocino CA, there's so many trees around it that you can justbarely see the ocean now, they said you used to see it really well.Last summer we saw one of these Heron's. It flew directly over thehouse and was calling out andsearching frantically. We thinkit was a young one who'd lost it's way. It was really an awesome birdto see.

Megan

Those things are onour lake ALL THE TIME! I HATE THEM! They are SUPER scary! They likeswoop down right infront of you! Some kids on the lake used to feedthem the fish that they caught, and now they think everyone is outthere to feed them!

~Amy

Well, I'm new to the forum and just saw thisthread for the first time....Raspberry, your bunny and your daughterare both absolutely beautiful! Oh, and I just noticed the pic of yourson as I was posting this...what a handsome boy! And you must be sohappy to have him home again...:)

Great pics, great thread... !

I don't think we have blue heronshere. At least I've never seen any. They look sobeautiful and majestic. See why everyone wants to feed them.

Hi there....I'm fairly new to this forum too andjust read thru this thread. I love all your picturesRS....your daughter is beautiful and Sebastian is simply adorable!!!

I notice you take Sebastian outside....is there any danger this heron will swoop down and snatch him? Yikes!

Not to worry,Sebbie won't get swooped by a Heron! ;)I don't think theyswoop down after land animals. BUT we do have hawks and falcons aroundhere that have happily swooped down after my Pomeranians before!:shock:They would make a quick snack out of Sebastian forsure!

We never leave him unattended outside. Heis either in his hutch or with one of us. Even if he is in hiscollapsible pen that I move around on the grass, I still stay near himbecause of the threat of cats and birds of prey. When I take photoshe's always close by.

Sometimes we have several family membersoutdoors and let him run around in the yard. He really loves that!:)

Thanks for all the nice compliments onour thread! We sure love sharing witheveryone!RaspberrySwirl

I think they're beautiful birds, but I'd be asshocked as you were Raz, to see that huge thing come winging over thefence like that. I can't believe it ate all her coi! Not to mentionthose things aren't exactly cheap and now she'll have to worry about itcoming back if she replaces them.

That's crazy.

Ever since SLG hasbeen very little she has loved all creatures, even toads! When she wassmall we had a toad that she used to haul around in the back yard andit chirped alot. She called it "talky toad". Every year she finds itagain andbelieve me, if it doesn't talk, she gives it a petor two but shebelieves it isn't talky toad and she sends iton it's way!

Well, today was the first time this yearshe found talky toad! What a reunion!It was kind offunny because there was a little boy over here playing and he wasn'ttoo sure he wanted to touch it. But when he saw that she wasn't afraidthen he wanted his picture taken with it too! :dude:

5-07-050211.jpg

5-07-050221.jpg

5-07-050242.jpg

5-07-050261.jpg

5-07-050191.jpg

That is so funny....The little boy didn't wantto touch the toad and SLG would come up and pick itup. :D

Beautiful pictures of SLG and the toad.RaspberrySwirl, do you carry your camera everywhere yougo? :D

Rainbows! :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
RaspberrySwirl, do you carry your cameraeverywhere you go? :D

Rainbows! :)
Almost! It's usually withinreach...

When I leave, it's in my purse about halfthe time! You never know what you might see!

whacky42.gif

Raspberry

I love it! Funny how she will pick up toads (andI assume just about anything else) and the little boy wouldn't touch ituntil she did. LOL!

Back to SLG'sbunny! I had one more shot that I cropped down and I really liked it.His personality comes out a lot in this picture. He's such a littlelove. He always watches everything with such curiosity, he rarely runsoff, he loves to be picked up and kissed...even when he's outside hewill stretch his nose out for kisses a lot of the time! ;)

I can't wait for some of you to get to meet him at the Bunny Boathouse Party!

Raspberry

4-28-05022aa.jpg

You should frame that!

I just love his one ear up, one ear down thing. It's so adorable. My Abby does that with her ears too.

His face, I just want to give that nose kisses!!!!

4-28-05002a.jpg

4-28-05022aa.jpg

Gosh, I don't know which one I like better! They're both stunningly beautiful, Razzamattaz!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back