RAINBOW BRIDGE (2006 - CLOSED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohh Rosie that is so sad, when you first posted about your sisters dog i felt saddened by the story and how those dogswere being treated and it is just so unfair

but Daisy has been set free now, she is no longer suffering

Ya know, Minnie is going to miss her friendthe most and that is the most saddest thing:(

run, run, run as fast as you can Daisy girl

rip Daisy, you deserve it now:(

cheryl

Hello everyone.

I am new on here looking for some comfort.

We lost our beloved Fiver yesterday. My husband went outside to get him & Hazel in from their run & he had passed away. I feel so guilty because I come home everyday at 3 but didn't go & check on them. I just keep thinking that if I had checked on them he might have been ok.

He was only 3 & it's so hard because he was only at the vets last week & given a clean bill of health so I really don't know what happened. I just wish I could have been there with him. I only hope it was quick & painless. He loved cuddles & always hopped over to me every morning when I made lunch & whenever we were out in the conservatory where they live at night.

We had noticed he was getting a little thinner & moulting more than usual but he was still eating. If he was old it would still hurt but at least you know it's coming & can prepare for it. He was only young & it's such a shock. I can't stop thinking about him.

I want my bunny back. Please god look after him.

Kelly

I'm sorry that your first post is a sad one, i know just how devestating it is to lose a bunny and it just hurts so bad that you don't think you could hurt anymore, and for you to lose Fiver like that and without any warning is just ever so devestating:(

i'm just ever so sorry!!

Goodbye little Fiver, your mummy loves you and always will

cheryl:pinkpansy:

I'm so sorry Rosie. She's in a better place now, and I'm sure she'll be waiting for you at the Bridge. I wish she could have had a chance to live with you though.

Kelly, I'm sorry you lost Fiver so young. :pink iris:

Well I have one.

My guinea pig Patches,

She was only 2 yrs old, developed blood in her urine last friday. Took her in and diagnosed her with UTI, stopped eating sun night, could not get anything in her. Took her back in on Tuesday for another check up. the vet suspected a very bad infection or cancer. She was too weak for anything to be done so I decided to end her suffering.

She earned her Angel Wings on Tuesday October 11th.

I miss you too much Patches, Autumn your sister really misses you the most. You are now reunited with Hairyette. Popcorn free in the fields of clover.

Mummie misses ya.

I love you Patches.

Patchesgettingherbath3-1.jpg

9/10/04 - 10/11/06

Oh, Sweetie...I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

RIP little Fiver...we all love you. Binky free across the Rainbow Bridge, Sweetie. :purplepansy:

And for you, FiverHazel, our love and hugs through this difficult time. :hug2:

Aww...my love and hugs to you SweetPeasMommie. She looks like she was so happy with you for her mama.

RIP and popcorn free, little Patches. :purplepansy:

And our hugs and love to you, SweetPeasMommie, as well as sweet Autumn. It's rough to lose a friend like that.:hug2:

Thank you so much for your condolences, guys. I really appreciate it. It was a rough night, and my husband persisted in trying to cheer me up. I just can't help thinking how unfair the timing was... we had such plans for sweet Daisy, but will continue those plans for her sister, Minnie.

I think the thing that hurts the most is knowing that to my sister, this is probably a relief... one less dog to take care of.Just after she messaged me about this, she posted a bulletin on her myspace site (where she messaged me from) that was a survey, and hasn't posted a single thing about Daisy. It steams me that someone can lose someone so special and care so little, to then literally JUST AFTER turn around and happily and so carefree-ly answer a goofy survey. I couldn't even read it...it upset me too much that she cared so little. My husband didn't even have words and was quite mad at the callousness.

I feel horrible because I know my sister didn't even take the time to tell Minnie that her dear friend crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and wont' be coming home. If she won't even love a dog enough to keep her alive and happy, she won't take the time to explain things to Minnie. My heart aches for Minnie and Daisy both.

To me, I have lost a dear friend, and didn't get to tell her goodbye and give her one last doggy hug. I don't understand her lack of reaction in it.

I asked her if she could send me a picture of Daisy so we could create a little memorial for her. I didn't mention that it'll be created for our big backyard in the future that we intend to give sweet Minnie...along with a new doggy friend so she's no longer all alone. We're going to really start working at financial things so we can move ahead quicker on getting a house, for Minnie's sake.

It's sad to me that the most basic things, like a grassy backyard, fun trips to the dog beach or the park, playing with or even giving them toys, giving them treats, petting them, bathing them, giving them a warm home....they wouldn't even do the basics.

Hang on, Minnie... Auntie is working on changing your life around and giving you a happy rest-of-your-life. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it happen in time for your sister and dear friend.Please hang on, Honey... Auntie's working on it.

Thanks again for your kind words, guys. This hit hard...it'll be difficult to talk about much other than this today. Hope that's okay.

Love and hugs to you guys,

Rosie*

hi everyone,

i got bad news to looks like everyones having a bad week. i lost my blue buns on weds oct 11 at 1:38 pm. my brother took blue buns out of his room blue buns was cold then he back leg went limp then the rest of him as i was trying to get dr goode on her cell phone vets office was closed. he cell wasn't working right so i called a vet less then 10 minutes from my house i was holding blue buns .that so call rabbit vet told me to take him over a hr away i told the lady he's gasping for air he's not going to make it. so she puts me on hold then comes back said i can bring him in at 4pm. i said he died in my arms i tried cpr but failed it didn't hold. her asnwer was i guess you don't need the appt anymore. then after i hung up with that person dr goode got my message called me back. she asked me to bring him in if i wanted for an autospy the next day to see what happed as his 1 sister, mother, son, 1/2 brother died the same way. so i agreed blue buns had a heart half the size it should've been. he died from heart failure at 5 years old. blue buns had problems starting at 5 days old. i hand feed him at 5 days old as he was very thin not growing, then at 5 weeks old he had low blood surgar still very small. a friend of mine who breeds rabbitstold me blue buns wouldn't make it past 5 days then she said he wouldn't make it past 5 weeks. blue buns proved her wrong then i almost lost him & the rest of the gang almost was taken from me because this creep of a cop called animal control on me for having them in the house. i called 911 because my mom fell broke her hip. dr goode let me board them at her old vet office until i got it all cleared up. blue buns was so sweet, loving never bit, niped, kick or scratched anybody. he was pure love. i could dress him up in his tux or sweater no problem. i didn't need this his half sister zoe came down with an eye problem she needs surgery on both eyes the eyedr did her 1 eye. she's doing great but misses her brother like the rest of the family. blue buns wife crystalhasn't stopped eating & his son prince charmingbarely eating. i can't sleep i miss him so much

i feel like i lost my son when blue buns died

take care everyone

michellep

Michelle, Im so sorry for your loss :pray:

Bluebuns sounds like a little fighter. Even though his heart was too small, Im sure he loved you with every bit of it.

He's at the Rainbow Bridge with his family now. :rainbow:Binky Free Little One

Awww i'm sorry Michelle,i'm just ever so sorry that you lost Blue buns like that:(

goodbye little Blue Buns

cheryl:pink iris:

Sarah'sBeautiful BlackBunny Benjamin... Her best friend... Taken from this world by an abscess.

She's deeply missed, butno longer in pain.

:rip:little one. . . I'm sure you're doing binkies at the Bridge. I wish we could have gotten to know you for a little longer. You had an awesome bunnymom.

Sarah: I wish we could have done more to help your baby girl. :sad:

attachment.php

This one is sad beyond words.:sad: I found Marvin's loss devastating, Bower's is just too much. Bren, I am so sorry. Of all people, this should not be happening to you, I know how much you loved your girls and what good care you took of them.

:rip: Bowser, your Daddy loves you. And we loved hearing about you from your Daddy. I hope he sticks around. At least Marvin won't be lonely.:(

sas :cry4:and the warren :bunny5:bunny5:bunny5:bunny5:bunny5(ears at half mast)

What a terrible week it has been.:tears2:

First, for Mummel's Amy, who beat head tilt only to succumb to a dog attack. She was such a little sweetheart. I wish we could have known her longer.

Rest in Peace little Amy.:pray:

Amy2.jpg

Second, for our dear Perry.

Words cant express how much he was loved by everyone here.

4dnqu8o.jpg

3zbc95d.jpg

pyospcsmall.jpg

We will miss you so much, little man.:bigtears:

Watch over Jan and Pernod and the rest of the family.

Binky free little one :bunnyangel::rainbow::bunnyangel:

Latest posts

Back