Ragamuffin & Tumbleweed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's too bad you spayed Tumble. Wecould have bred her and started a new breed! I'm sure Gypsywould have helped us! She has both Rexes and Pals inherbunnybarn!

Laura

Yeah, Rex and Pal is a great combination.:D I think Rexamino would make a wonderful new breed,hehe! You and Gypsy wouldn't need Tumble bunny to do it. :) Isaw the litter and parents that Tumble came from. The mom wasthe Pal, the dad was a harlequin Rex (really sweet), and it seems likemost of the babies looked more like the mom. Tumble was theonly one like her dad, harly w/rex fur, and I fell in love with herinstantly. The breeder doesn't have any of her Pals anymorethough.:(

Im so happy to hear youre re-bonding process is going so well for you! I will still keep my fingers crossed just in case!!

And Ragamuffn and Tumbleweed are such apretty pairof girls! :D

i cannot believe how adorable those baby picsare, kim! wow they were both such ADORABLE cuties, (they still are!) iespecially love that box pic where tumbles ears look so huge comparedto the rest of her body!

Aw, thanks jordiwes. :) The bonding is going really well.:hearts:

The only thing is, I'm having second thoughts about housing them together in the same cage for several reasons...

1) I really like the cages they have now and the access I have to them.
2) I can't afford a new bigger cage right now anyway.
3) It's harder to monitor food and water intake, poops, etc. for each bunny.
4) Muff grooms Tumble so much on her face, that her eyelids were getting irritated.

Their cages now are right next to each other (touching), so they havethe company of each other and lay next to each with the wire betweenthem. They spend their out of cage time playing together,which is considerable because I'm home with them most of the time.

I'm wondering if anyone else keeps their bonded bunnies in separatecages or if I'm depriving my bunnies being together. Theydon't seem to be bothered by it. But if anyone has an opinionon it (pros and cons, etc.) I would like to hear them.

Hopefully more pictures soon. :)

I think you're doing the right thing by cagingthem separately now. You said they have a lot of playtime andthat's what most important.

Plus, you'll probablyfeel a lot better knowing they are safewhen you can't be there. You just never know when two friendsmight have a fight.

Laura

I wanted to share the little gift I got for Thanksgiving. :hearts:

Someone found this little girl in a dumpster and took her to theshelter. The rescue lady who works with the shelter asked ifI could keep her over the long Thanksgiving weekend since no one wouldbe there. I'm hoping come Monday they'll let me continue tofoster her.

She was just what I needed to cheer me up over the holiday. Ithought a name related to Thanksgiving would be fitting for her, so amcalling her Grace (or Gracie). She is so precious andtiny. She's way too skinny, but is starting to fill out alittle bit now.

Here are a couple of pics. She looks bigger in the pictures than she really is - she is tiny!

http://fotop.net/kim/gracie

Well, we didn't witness it, but thepeople who brought her to the shelter said they found her in thedumpster at the apartments where they live. If it is true,I'm glad I didn't witness it - it's just beyondcomprehension. :(

Muff and Tumble are good, thanks. :) I backed up a little andslowed things down with their bonding though because they startedgetting a little huffy.

What a sweet little thing Grace is. I do not understand how people can just turn their back on an animal.

She is very lucky to have you caring for her;)

112305b.jpg

:faint: I'm in love!

Well, I have to leave earlier than planned to goup to my parents for Christmas because we had a death in the family (mygreat aunt). And I'm taking all the pets with me.I'm hoping to (maybe, depending on how relaxed they seem and how Muffis doing) try some bonding sessions with Muff & Tumble while atmy parents since it will be totally neutral territory, and maybe mynephews can help with some car rides.

Anyway, just wanted to share a few pics before we leave...If I don'tget back on here before Christmas, everyone have a happy holiday!

Muff's haircut (dont laugh . . . ok, you can laugh):
P1010002.jpg

All the animals love my fleece blanket:
P1010014.jpg

Under the couch:
P1010018.jpg

P.S. Gracie (the little puppy I was fostering) was adopted and has a new home for Christmas. :angel:

There's my girls!

Make sure you take your "stasis emergency kit" with you in case the stress gets to them.

Have a safe and happy holiday!

Laura

Latest posts

Back